The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-11-2015, 01:58 AM   #26
heathbirkendahl

Re: Anyone Have LED Parking & LED Tail Lights??

Buy the LED flasher from LMC it will solve your problem. (If you have not already)

I had the exact problems. Good luck!
Old 02-11-2015, 09:16 AM   #27
70chev383

Did you put just a bulb in? Or did you get the assembly?
70chev383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 10:10 AM   #28
WiggyHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
I have LED's in everything but Head and Fog lights. They work great and are very bright. I have the electronic flasher in the socket in the truck fuse panel with it grounded good.
Where did you get all of you lights from? The taillights look like the ones from LMC.

THANKS!
Mark
Old 02-11-2015, 11:14 AM   #29
heathbirkendahl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70chev383 View Post
Did you put just a bulb in? Or did you get the assembly?
I did the LMC Lens and LED combo. LED that plugs into the bulb socket.

That's flasher will solve your issue.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:22 PM   #30
Andy4639
Old member

Talking Re: Anyone Have LED Parking & LED Tail Lights??

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiggyHD View Post
Where did you get all of you lights from? The taillights look like the ones from LMC.

THANKS!
Mark
Tail lights came from CCP back when one of our own was building them. The front parking lights are from Classic industries. The side markers are just bulbs.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 04:20 PM   #31
WiggyHD

Thanks!

Mark
Old 02-11-2015, 08:20 PM   #32
Andy4639
Old member

Talking Re: Anyone Have LED Parking & LED Tail Lights??

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mike71 View Post
How did you make your sidemarkers flash with your blinker.
71-72 models did this from the factory. It was a opition before that.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 10:31 PM   #33
Rich69shortfleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle187 View Post
I have a 1968 C10 and was running LED tail light with stock flasher with no problem. When I put LED park lights also, blinker stopped working. I bought a flasher for LEDs Part# EF32RL off eBay for around $14 and it worked on the hazard side but not on the signal light side. I then rigged up two wires to extend prongs and reverse connected them to fuse block and it worked. Not pretty but didn't have to buy another flasher. I was also thinking of buying a motorcycle flasher which is cheaper around 5 bucks and seeing if it works and putting the one I already have on the hazard side. Hope this helps.
I know this quoted post is rather old, but I just wanted to post to say thanks. I was having trouble getting my new LEDs to flash. I bought two flashers and they both worked on the flashers but not on the turn signals. Each of the flashers actually came with two little wires which I didn't understand why they were there. Well, I used them to cross the circuit on the turnsignal flasher circuit and now my turnsignals flash properly. I would have NEVER have thought to try this on my own. Anyway, thanks again!
Rich69shortfleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 05:32 PM   #34
orange-ant

Hi,

Glad this worked for you. I'm new. I ordered the flasher from Brothers, and mine came with a piece that goes between the flasher and the fuse box that reverses the polarity. That made mine work.
orange-ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 12:12 PM   #35
SmokeShadows

I'm also having issues with the led flashers and the signals not working correctly, and iv tried all the cheaper sets of flashers from adjustable motorcycle flashers to 2 prong with and without ground but I'm still having problems, if possible could someone post a wiring diagram or picture of how your wiring it to make it work? the only thinges I haven't done yet is buy the 14$ ones, I assume I'll eventually get those ones because they're the correct ones but I'll chock it up to lesson learned for now to always just get the ones you know will work instead of trying and testing to see what I can come up with, I originally wanted to be able to adjust the frequency of the flash with an adjustable one to make it flash a little bit faster but now I just need working hazards and signals, iv noticed however that with one set everything seems to work fine until I turn on the lights and try to use the signal it doesn't work it just stays on constant until I hit the switch back or turn off the parking lights, anybody else encounter this one? with the others it's mostly just no blink but hazards work, just trying to gather more info before spending any more money on just the flashers, I'm also curious if anyone knows anything about the load resistors? like do they get hot with leds? do they work with stock flashers and do they work with led flashers? heh any help or knowledge would help, thanks in advance

Last edited by SmokeShadows; 08-03-2016 at 12:19 PM.
SmokeShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 03:50 PM   #36
Rich69shortfleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeShadows View Post
I'm also having issues with the led flashers and the signals not working correctly, and iv tried all the cheaper sets of flashers from adjustable motorcycle flashers to 2 prong with and without ground but I'm still having problems, if possible could someone post a wiring diagram or picture of how your wiring it to make it work? the only thinges I haven't done yet is buy the 14$ ones, I assume I'll eventually get those ones because they're the correct ones but I'll chock it up to lesson learned for now to always just get the ones you know will work instead of trying and testing to see what I can come up with, I originally wanted to be able to adjust the frequency of the flash with an adjustable one to make it flash a little bit faster but now I just need working hazards and signals, iv noticed however that with one set everything seems to work fine until I turn on the lights and try to use the signal it doesn't work it just stays on constant until I hit the switch back or turn off the parking lights, anybody else encounter this one? with the others it's mostly just no blink but hazards work, just trying to gather more info before spending any more money on just the flashers, I'm also curious if anyone knows anything about the load resistors? like do they get hot with leds? do they work with stock flashers and do they work with led flashers? heh any help or knowledge would help, thanks in advance
Well, a lot depends on what LEDs you've installed and how you've install them. What all have you installed and how do you have them wired? Also, what year do you have, wiring differs on some years. I initially had trouble getting the side markers to work the way I wanted but got them working right on try number 3!
Old 08-10-2016, 01:58 PM   #37
SmokeShadows

ok so live and learn right? I ordered a set of 4 led load resistors because they were cheap and local enough to get them next day, the ones I got were the 50w 6ohm gold ish color and they fixed all the problems with the "led capable" flasher, just to spread the knowledge in case anybody else had questions about these things, the led load resistors are bigger than expected but we're easy to wire up, i have a 71 gmc cst 2500 with generic led bulbs off ebay, I haven't done thorough testing but so far so good, blinkers and hazards work as intended with or without headlights/parklight on
Old 08-10-2016, 03:19 PM   #38
SmokeShadows

here is a few diagrams that may be helpful when looking into load resistors, hook up one end to the turn signals and the other to ground, the turn signal colors for 67-72 are (front) light blue and dark blue (rear) yellow and dark green, ground the other end of the resistor to the chassis or other ground source
Attached Images

Old 08-10-2016, 06:32 PM   #39
PapaNui

subscribed
Old 08-11-2016, 11:59 AM   #40
Rich69shortfleet

If you use the correct flashers and wire them correctly resistors shouldn't be necessary.
Old 08-21-2016, 12:49 AM   #41
70'chevy542

I'm having problems with trying to get the bulbs into the socket with the LED's I have!
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

70'chevy542 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 01:08 AM   #42
70'chevy542

Like these
Posted via Mobile Device
70'chevy542 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 08:30 PM   #43
SmokeShadows

I'll post a picture of the flashers and leds I used but I was trying to go the cheapest route possible to see if it would all work, I'm planning to test the more expensive flashers and led bulbs when I can but I wanted it to look right on the truck and have the leds bright enough with the right color shining through the lense which is why I didn't want to spend too much money on this little side project, so far iv put leds in every socket possible and added a few as well, iv added a maplight rear view mirror and put a led in it, courtesy lights have leds along with the dome light and engine compartment lights, I'll admit iv found a few bulbs that are extremely bright and reasonably priced
Old 09-02-2016, 06:30 PM   #44
Rich69shortfleet

Mine all work just fine, no resistors used.

Old 09-02-2016, 07:29 PM   #45
SmokeShadows

I couldn't afford the full panel led tails or sides so I put leds in the stock lenses, what flashers do you use for those? picture if possible
Old 09-02-2016, 07:32 PM   #46
SmokeShadows

oh and my 71 came wired with sidemarker flashing with the turn signals, everything is stock on the wiring except for the resistorset that I added
Old 09-03-2016, 12:18 PM   #47
Rich69shortfleet

Mine came with my Digi-Tails lights but they are the same as ones you can buy most places. They are a square 2-prong flasher units. They come with two little jumper wires so you can reverse the polarity as needed. LEDs need the electricity to flow through the flasher and the LED in a particular positive and negative relationship so you just have to experiment to figure out if you need to use the jumper wires or not.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/LED-Fl...rong,8393.html
Old 07-27-2020, 05:10 PM   #48
72LB

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.PASSMORE View Post
I had LEDs all the way around on my 72 Blazer with correct flashers. But, I could not get the front blinkers to flash very well - bumper and side markers. Finally chased the problem down. The ground for that circuit is through the filment on a 1157 or 9 (?) standard bulb. So, I removed the LED Bulbs in the Front bumper and reinstalled the original bulbs and they all flash - perfect. So, on the front bumper lights I run a regular bulb to get the ground for the circuit. Thats my story...

I know this is an old thread but I also have that issue. I have LED's all the way around and have the correct flashers. The problem is the front turn signals are hard to see flashing they don't dim much, the rears work fine. I ended up doing the same thing, put the 1157's back in the front lenses. I'd love to be able to put the LED bulbs back in the front but haven't found anything to solve the issue.

Last edited by 72LB; 07-27-2020 at 06:25 PM.
72LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 10:37 PM   #49
Sheepdip

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeShadows View Post
here is a few diagrams that may be helpful when looking into load resistors, hook up one end to the turn signals and the other to ground, the turn signal colors for 67-72 are (front) light blue and dark blue (rear) yellow and dark green, ground the other end of the resistor to the chassis or other ground source
These are what I used and wired into my avatar and my 40 Ford, LED's all the way in both.

I first tried several different flashers made for LED's and could never get them to work, called a friend of my sons who is an electrical engineer and he sent me a Amazon link to these load cells and said buy and install these.

Been working flawlessly ever since.
Sheepdip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 04:38 PM   #50
SD69C10

Saw this thread and figured I'd add what vintageleds.com is making for my 69 C10. He made the sequential LEDs for my 66 Mustang so I asked if he could make some for my truck. These are not cheap but they are the best I have come across by far...USA company made by a Veteran. He said I can post the pic if anyone is interested I can give his info. He also is making a clear LED reverse light with an amber turn signal built in.
Attached Images

SD69C10 is offline   Reply With Quote