The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2019, 06:37 PM   #15
WorkinLonghorn

Re: How hot do Big Blocks normally run?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageC20 View Post
Thank you for the advice.
The reason I disconnected it is because the guy that tuned it at the machine shop said not to run it. I trusted his judgement, but I will hook it back up and see if it changes anything.
Posted via Mobile Device
Well, I don't know why he advised this. The GM engineers (and EVERY other manufacturer) thought it was necessary. It gives you MUCH better MPG fuel economy in a cruise situation (freeway) and any other part-throttle driving situation and with a BB, unless you own a gas station, this is important! As you know, it does not effect idle or full throttle timing, just light throttle opening. It will lower the heat generated during light throttle. I would definately make sure it is functional and hooked up.

With a stock fan and the AC condenser and the other cooler all in line for the air flow, maybe you will idle a little warm but after you hit road speeds I think you should be OK. Is that condenser in good condition without a lot of bent fins?
'69 GMC C2500 Custom Camper, 8 1/2' bed, New GM 350, NP 435 Close Ratio 4spd. Trans., 3.73 Dana-60 open.Camper and Trailer wiring, PS, PB, AC, tach , three gas tanks, 2nd owner, Work-Truck supreme. Best $300 I ever spent.

Last edited by WorkinLonghorn; 03-06-2019 at 06:43 PM.
WorkinLonghorn is offline   Reply With Quote