The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-16-2018, 03:44 PM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Repley to Special k

Tim mentioned on another thread that basically this used to be a cool part of the board. My answer is ...

I think what happened is people just got tired of doing chops for others because it always turned into something really time consuming. I know you would see guys post ... Heres a quicky for you ... But I knew when someone said that most of the time it was put out there for an excuse to basically mask for the flaws that were in the chop job. Even a photoshop that was going to be fairly simple takes a fair amount of time. Ive been a photoshop user for 15 plus years, some things have gotten easier, and some not so much LOL.

I just got tired of the crappy pictures posted. And people not wanting to do their own leg work when asking for certain kinds of things to be added. And it seemed to be never ending with a lot of requests ... Ok, how bout lets see it in blue, maybe a little lower, can you find X wheels now?
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 11:52 AM   #2
dazza

Re: Repley to Special k

I agree. As much as I love doing it, my CDO(the same thing as OCD, just in alphabetical order like it should be!) and I would spend way too much time with details trying to make it perfect because, well you know... if you're going to do something, do it right! I haven't been looking in the thread because it was kind of giving me an excuse to be playing in PS instead of completing the work I should have been doing.

I thought it would be nice if there was a way to charge for it. I just figured if somebody was serious enough to be paying for a decent paint job or a new set of rollers all the way around, $20 or $25 to see what it would look like isn't so much.
'72 K10 SWB, 350, sm465/np205
---- ----
dazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 10:49 PM   #3
special-K
Special Order

Re: Repley to Special k

I see these points. I figured it took some effort to put out a good picture and it seemed most requesting wren't showing much appreciation. Didn't think twicw about what they were asking for, if they actually asked and not just state what they wanted done...like it's someone's job

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote