The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-15-2022, 09:18 AM   #1
Boog
laying low

More Tom Brady & Aaron Rogers

Now just 40 days after retiring Brady has now come out of retirement. Going back to Tampa Bay. Says he has unfinished business. ?
Rogers is staying with Packers for $50m per year. Really?
So is this just a rivalry thing between those two or what?
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 12:20 PM   #2
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Re: More Tom Brady & Aaron Rogers

Money Talks to many of them.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 12:51 PM   #3
Loco83

Who cares.
Loco83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 04:54 PM   #4
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Tons of football fans do. Why ask? I could care less, but I can scroll too lol
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 05:33 PM   #5
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
Yes. BIG MONEY. Those guys aren't dumb. If someone offered me big money to come back from retirement I would. But so far I haven't had any offers.

All I got was a cake.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 01:35 AM   #6
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

You realize when Peyton Manning played the going rate for Top QBs was only approaching 20M? Now it's 50M, rich getting richer. Must be the global market.

Brady, ha ha ha, he loves the attention. Bucs must be looking good again, what else is new, they only stack teams now, apparently, just like the NBA. That and the officials sure have a way of seeing the "right teams" through. I sure like the game, but the BS including politics is sad.

Rodgers is his own worst enemy, on a side. His best ball can't really be duplicated, not that I've seen or felt, and he's consistent as can be, thanks in part to favorable conditions for the QB of course. But 50M? No wonder they can't win another SB, he takes too big a slice.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 12:57 PM   #7
Shifty One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
Gas is expensive!

1998 C2500 lot-rot rescue
Shifty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 03:45 PM   #8
Gotenntitans

I'm a high school math teacher about to complete my 26th year, all at the same high school in the state of Arkansas. Teachers in Arkansas can retire with full benefits after completing 28 years.

I was elected by my peers to be on a yearly committee where we discuss various issues. One thing we discussed last month was a possible raise or stipend for high school math, science, & English teachers since we've been told that we're "so very hard to replace." Were told there's no money for this. So, OK........suck it up Buttercup and keep on plugging along.

So now, our School Board has voted to put in a new coaching position for high school volleyball......which will have a stipend attached to it. Really??? There's money for a new coach for a new sport that we've never done before, EVER, but there's nothing for the core teachers who are on the front lines when it comes to trying to catch all the students up after missing so much for COVID?

So I'm an NFL football fan. I loved my Houston Oilers and I am loyal to my Tennessee Titans, but this is really getting ridiculous now with the multi-million dollar contracts and athletes who don't honor their contracts or who hold out for more money. My fellow educators and I would all work our entire careers and not make as much as some of these pro athletes do for one season. Maybe not as much as they do for one game!

I think I have a solution to everyone's problem regarding this matter. I'm gonna pull a Tom Brady and retire, then come back because I have unfinished business and name my price tag. Or maybe I'll complain and whine and gripe like Aaron Rodgers does until I get a big raise. Think it'll work at a public school? I may just go offer my services as an NFL quarterback to the Packers & Bucs. I would play for one quarter of their salaries.......they could cut these guys and let me play and use the leftover money to go bring in other better players to surround me and we would do just as good. I can hand the ball off to Derrick Henry and watch him roll thru defenses just like Ryan Tannehill does. How would that be?
2003 Chevy Silverado
Gotenntitans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 09:19 PM   #9
best view

The problem is no one come to watch you play lol
best view is offline   Reply With Quote