The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1973-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-24-2002, 11:51 PM   #1
littlebubba

WTB K5 Blazer Rustfree body and 2WD frame

Still trying to find a solid rustfree original FULLSIZE K5 Blazer or Jimmy body thats mostly complete! Not gutted out or stripped. Running or not running. Prefer a 2WD version (73-82), but can also use (82 & up) later body for/on my frame. Somebody must know of one for sale, within 300 miles of Detroit, or delivered to my house or vicinity for a small fee.
Also need 89-91 Blazer/Jimmy front grille parts in excellent condition.
littlebubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 02:57 PM   #2
fanman

I've got an '83 C10 that I could sell you. I'm pretty sure that it's not the same frame though. Oh, I'm in Auburn..about 2 hours north of you.

I'm not stuck, I've still got some gas left"
fanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 06:56 PM   #3
Grim Reaper

There is a 77 2wd on Ebay that's ready to go and VERY clean. I think it's in York PA
You could also make a 2wd. 2wd cross member is a bolt on. I'm seriously thinking of making my 79 a 2wd pre Runner. Swap the rear axle shafts for 5 lug and your 2wd. It will sit a little high in the rear because the 4x4 spring mounts are a little taller but most people prefure the rear up from stock. Stock the do sit a little tail low.
Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 12:24 AM   #4
littlebubba

Any info?

GRIM: you have the auction number-don't see it.

Fanman: yes it will fit my frame, any more info you can give me on it? SOLID & RUSTFREE? How complete is it? Been to AUBURN a few times to the track there to watch the roundy rounds!

Last edited by littlebubba; 10-28-2002 at 12:28 AM.
Old 10-28-2002, 12:22 PM   #5
Alexis
Member since 2000

www.coloradok5.com
Alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 02:06 PM   #6
littlebubba

Don't have much luck over there!

I have tried my luck over at the site you suggested, but don't seem to have much luck, or many responses.

Right on with Toby Kieth!
More and more people are coming over to country music!
Old 10-28-2002, 08:49 PM   #7
fanman

The frame is in good shape, the normal Michigan surface rust. i started to clean it up a little, the parts I did do, were fine under the rust (still had some paint in places). The body is still on it, it's pretty rusty, except for the hood. The engine runs very poorly (idles fine, just no power once you get moving). It's got a 3speed manual tranny, converted to floor shift. If you want to talk on the phone about it, pm me and I'll send you my number.

I'm not stuck, I've still got some gas left"
fanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 01:31 AM   #8
littlebubba

Fanman , can't use

Hey Fanman sent you a pm. Don't think I can use your Blazer for anything. I need something thats "SOLID and Rustfree" to begin with. Thanks anyway.
Old 11-07-2002, 11:16 AM   #9
littlebubba

Help me out

Somebody help me out on finding a " solid rustfree factory original" 2WD BLAZER/JIMMY Fullsize -- or on this body deal, I would like to get this done by spring so I can drive it. There must be one looking for a new home or should I say frame to rest on, at a reasonable price. I will travel to get it if driveable vehicle, or right one!

Last edited by littlebubba; 12-05-2002 at 02:17 PM.
Old 12-05-2002, 02:43 PM   #10
littlebubba

Still Looking!

I am not having much success in my hunt for a 2WD Blazer, see the above posts, help me out! I'm not desperate but would like to find the "right" one, come on guys!
Old 12-05-2002, 09:30 PM   #11
Desert Rat

I have one fresh paint,hasnt even been on road yet,very detailed under hood Big Block,New Edelbrock Carb,Water Pump,Fuel Pump,Oil Pump,Alt,Starter,Distributor,Wires,Belts,Hoses,even all the hose clamps!its very clean underhood,painted with motor out so firewall is done,inner fenders are mirror gloss black finished,and cleared,new grille moldings,bezels,grille,bumpers,all lenses. all it needs is weatherstrip,waiting for new exhaust im about to have done 2 1/2" with Flowmasters,also needs carpet yet,it was painted inside and out.seats are in nice shape,but to be perfect one has a 1" rip,it has lowbacks from a 73,Blazer is a 79.the top was smoothed and painted white,have ralleys,tilt,tach dash.even have new Optima battery sitting on shelf for it.once it has exhaust its ready to roll.$5000 possible part trade.
Desert Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 09:31 PM   #12
Desert Rat

Blazer was 100% rust free when painted,but the hood is brand new was folded in half from the dry hinges syndrome.
Old 12-05-2002, 09:33 PM   #13
Desert Rat

80 4x4 Blazer Rearend Needed

Need a Rearend for a 80 Blazer 4x4 6 lug of course,cash or will trade 5 lug 73 3.42 posi.need something in exc shape.
Old 12-06-2002, 02:56 AM   #14
littlebubba

Your 2WD Blazer

Hey there DESERT RAT, how are you doing? We talked about your 2WD Blazer before, if you recall. We also talked about another one (2WD) you knew of around you at a wrecking yard or something, that I was really interested in, is it still there? I tried PMing you but never got a reply. Any details or specific info? I have a guy that could bring it back here for me. It would fit the budget better. I would love to have yours but, have to do the "budget buildup" routine on this thing. So if you can help me out on that other one or know of another good rustfree solid 2WD, I would appreciate your assistance.
Old 12-07-2002, 12:10 PM   #15
Desert Rat

Hi sorry my PMing is shut off,there was a rust free 2wd in a buddies junkyard that i bought,and i sold to a local guy for $1200 it was less motor and trans and interior.but had a sweet body,it was a full removable top one.74 if i remember right.I dont know of any others except one with rust for $900 no motor,trans,top,and interior is crap.
Old 12-07-2002, 12:14 PM   #16
Desert Rat

its missing other parts like hood,grille etc.rust dont appear real bad in 1/4s or anything,but i remember seeing some somewhere,i wasnt real interested in another project i thought maybe a tubbed,race Blazer might be cool but i got enough going on.the rolling frame probably worth $500,it had a tach dash in it that i gave the guy $20 for.its a AT rig.
Old 12-07-2002, 11:36 PM   #17
littlebubba

Don't need any rust

I will pass for now on the one with rust, I don't need that! I need a real good solid body to begin with for this PROJECT. If you run across anything else let me know.
Old 12-08-2002, 12:28 AM   #18
Desert Rat

has little rust nothing major,near impossible to find anything with less,its a Arizona rig,but no problem on my part,it can sit in his yard not mine,it was good enough where i considered it.but 100% rust free is a nice score of a find.good luck
Old 12-08-2002, 03:23 PM   #19
littlebubba

Where are located?

Hey RAT, where in Southern AZ. are you again? I have a lead on a pretty good prospect in CHANDLER, AZ., if your in that area.