The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-03-2011, 01:05 PM   #1
72gmcshorty

Fuel line motor to frame...

How did you guys make the fuel line that goes from the fuel injector rail to the frame? I'm trying not to have to use the 6an fittings but...
Old 12-03-2011, 04:29 PM   #2
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: Fuel line motor to frame...

Right way if you ever want to take it to a track (nhra has rules on rubber hose length)
for non return motors : supply 3/8 hard line along frame -> 3/8 tube to -6 AN male fitting OR 37* flare on hard tube and use -6 AN male fitting -> -6 braided fuel injection line with -6 AN female on BOTH ends -> -6 an to 3/8 gm quick disconnect fitting.

Return motors are the same on the supply side, but need a 5/16 fitting on the rail for the return.

Cheap way; use fuel injection line and fuel injection clamps from the hard line to the plastic doorman quick disconnect fittings or the "fuel injection repair kits" that parts stores sell.

I started with the cheap way, and changed me setup to the braided system all on my build. Click the link in my sig, I show everything I used for both, and I have parts and prices listed on the Build cost thread. Prob have to search for that one, but it shouldn't be too far back.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote