The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2021, 10:56 PM   #1
Andy4639
Old member

Talking I never knew!

I took off yesterday from the beach to go pick up a golf cart to wire up for a member here on the forum. Jeff Goddard in Mooresville NC. I picked it up then head on up the road a ways to see dad in Conover NC.
I hadn't seen dad in 2 months and he looks good for a 96 year old young man. He still lives by himself and he can get around some. Not much but he does get up and walk some if you make him. He even walked outside to look at the golf cart I had.

Well last night we got to talking and hollering at each other because he is like I and can't hear a thing, and then my hearing aids started going dead so we had to holler back and forth to each other all night. So anyways we start looking at some old pictures that he had found a few days ago and I found a interesting one of mom & him and another man standing in front of a sign saying:
Best of the Best in 1980. I had never seen this picture before so I asked him about it.
Many of you know my dad retired from GM Chevorlet division. But what I didn't know was the time frame and how it went along with me. I never thought about it I guess until last night.
Dad retired in June of 1980. I had just started working full time at Duke Power in 1979. So dad was free from any of the 7 kids to put through school anymore. He and mom could do what they wanted.

The picture was in March of 1980 he said, he won the Nation Chevorlet service manger of the year award for outstanding service. This award was given to him in Marco Island Florida. This was why he & mom lived in Naples right before you crossed the bridge into Marco Island for several years. When they went down that March for the award they took his final 6 weeks vaction and stayed checking out the area. They ended up living there for about 6 years after he retired.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote