The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-26-2004, 10:09 PM   #1
Duffy

WTD: 69-72 Blazer Buyer's Guide / Help

Okay, I have owned 10 71-72 trucks covering plain janes to loaded, 2wd to 4x4's, long and short. I have never owned a Blazer however, and find myself in need of one, now that I have two children. Does anyone have a good list of things to be aware of that are particular to Blazer's and Jimmy's? Any advice or help would be appreciated. I know all of the usual issues for trucks but which ones apply to Blazers? Anyone have a link or two for FAQ's?

Thanks.....
Duffy
Old 03-27-2004, 12:57 AM   #2
Gee_Emm
Account Suspended

Most important is the windshield frame, they rust out. Rocker boxes used to be an issue but now they are reproed. Cracked hatches are a problem but they are also now reproed although still expensive. Getting a solid hardtop would be a good idea because they aren't reproduced. So bascially check the normal areas that rust in trucks and check out the windsheild frame REAL good. The rest can be easily repaired. I don't know much about 4X4 running gear.
Gee_Emm is offline   Reply With Quote