The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-29-2019, 09:00 AM   #1
Bob Q

LMC/Brothers/USA1 reproduction tach question

Good morning,

I’m seriously considering the reproduction tachometer conversion kit to convert to a factory style tach in my ‘83 K2500. I noticed that LMC, Brothers, and USA1 all have tach conversion kits to do this swap on 81-87 trucks that include the factory style tach, small fuel gauge, new printed circuit, etc. LMC is the cheapest for this kit by about $70-90 and includes a replacement instrument cluster lense too where the others do not. I was going to get it through LMC, but I haven’t heard too many good things about their quality and customer service. Do these three companies pull these reproduction parts from the same source? Has anyone bought one of these tach kits from one of these three places? I don’t mind paying a little more if the parts are a higher quality at Brothers or USA1.

'83 K2500 6.2L
Bob Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 09:12 AM   #2
buffydores

Re: LMC/Brothers/USA1 reproduction tach question

Hmm. I have received good service from LMC. I've bought a lot of parts from them too. They can't be perfect, but there does seem to be a true desire to provide good products for our truck.
buffydores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 10:04 AM   #3
TKCR

Strong possibility they are all coming from the same vendor, but I maybe wrong. Did you price out LMC WITH the shipping. Thats what I have found with using them, you may save money, until they add the shipping!! LMC's shipping is a bit high. I try not to order anything from them, until I can spend the grand, and get free shipping!! Luck may have it, but I have several friends that all order from there. So we have been known to combine our orders, to reach the $1000 and get free shipping.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:40 AM   #4
Bob Q

Thanks for the info. I haven't checked the shipping costs with LMC yet; I'll check that out. I would sure think they're all getting these replacement gauges from the same source. I can't imagine there are multiple places reproducing them, but I could be wrong.

'83 K2500 6.2L
Old 11-06-2019, 07:45 PM   #5
Factory Guy

I am looking to do the same conversion. It seems to me LMC is one of the few that offer a complete kit. The others offer everything not as complete. Or am I missing something?
Factory Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 02:09 AM   #6
Bob Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factory Guy View Post
I am looking to do the same conversion. It seems to me LMC is one of the few that offer a complete kit. The others offer everything not as complete. Or am I missing something?
That's what I noticed too. My kit arrived from LMC the other day, but I won't be able to install it for another week or two. I'll report back how it works out.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-08-2019, 11:05 AM   #7
Factory Guy

I plan to order mine around Xmas as my Xmas present. That way I can install it in January when it is S****y outside.

Let me know how it works out.
Factory Guy is offline   Reply With Quote