The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-18-2018, 08:04 PM   #1
Ryan Hubbard

Re: 1990 V2500 Suburban Build Thread

I don't have the NP208, I used the stock transfer case and just used a 4x4 4L80E and it bolted right up.

I have the NP241 transfer case
Ryan Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 11:24 PM   #2
jathur02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Hubbard View Post
I don't have the NP208, I used the stock transfer case and just used a 4x4 4L80E and it bolted right up.

I have the NP241 transfer case
Great job on the Suburban! Was the interior tough to take out and replace? I'm in the process of getting all of the old interior out of my 89' GMC Suburban 2WD and replacing it with the same interior, but new. I like the added additions as well. Do you have any more information on the interior build, so I can try and replicate some of it on mine? Thanks in advance!
jathur02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 11:29 PM   #3
Ryan Hubbard

Well I have been driving my Suburban for a couple of years and unfortunately have had to keep delaying finishing the beast.

Finally got the funds together and am finishing it off. Here is a picture of it towing my 2019 Mustang GT PP2 with a whipple to the track day.
Attached Images

Old 04-20-2020, 11:35 PM   #4
Ryan Hubbard

So first item of business is to get a real paint job on the truck. The paint was redone about 5 years ago and it has already failed on the roof and hood. The clear coat is peeling off everywhere.

So I am getting the suburban ready. I am taking all the trim and windows out. I am also going to have the door jambs painted and will remove all the doors.

I am going to have the receiver hitch, the skid pan for the gas tank and the tow hooks powder coated. I already had the front fender wells powder coated.
Attached Images

Old 04-20-2020, 11:40 PM   #5
Ryan Hubbard

I am also getting ready to do the LS swap in August. I just got my factory tach modified to now be a 7000 rpm tach. I found the guy in South Carolina that will rebuild the tach and silk screen it to look factory. I will post a pic when I receive it back.

I will be installing the LS3 E-Rod and will install the Dakota Digital cruise control and will integrate the factory turn signal switches to the system. I have carefully worked on the wiring harness to make sure that I will remove the complete TBI wiring and only leave the wiring that is needed to run the A/C and other factory systems.