The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-10-2007, 09:42 PM   #51
special-K
Special Order

Re: whats the problem with GMCs???

To me it`s like the difference between a`67 Chevelle and a`67 Beaumont.How cool to find something one notch off from something so popular,yet so different.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 05:18 AM   #52
GMC Jim

The GMC's are definitely more rare than the Chev ( 67 thru 72)...I was a parts man for a Chev dealership for about 1 1/2 yrs and then parts guy for a GMC Dealership in the same town for about 2 years....In that area ( northern Montana) ; the GMC was looked upon as a 'prestige' truck. In other words Chev owners would take their 'trucks' to town while GMC owners seemed to always refer to their truck as a 'GMC'.
I personally think the GMC - 4 headlight grille looks more 'massive' and more 'trucky' ( if there is such as word !!! ). The Chev 'egg crate' appearance does not turn me on.... never did...... never will !!!!

Last edited by GMC Jim; 03-11-2007 at 05:19 AM.
GMC Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 07:04 AM   #53
special-K
Special Order

The GMC grille makes a 4wd look tougher(and the grille is).And a 2wd look rarer(and handsome).It`s the exotic factor.
Look!!I just like them.I have really good taste.Women love me and they think my GMC is soooooo manly.I can`t go anywhere in mine with out being stalked.It`s aweful.It`s mostly these rich women in their prestige-mobiles.They`re tough to turn down.I don`t want jealous husbands taking a bat to my Jimmy.These women understand after a little comforting conversation.They always can see that anyone driving such a noble creation could be no less than a man of great integrity and high morals.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 03-11-2007, 08:18 AM   #54
see ten
WTB this ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
The GMC grille makes a 4wd look tougher(and the grille is).And a 2wd look rarer(and handsome).It`s the exotic factor.
Look!!I just like them.I have really good taste.Women love me and they think my GMC is soooooo manly.I can`t go anywhere in mine with out being stalked.It`s aweful.It`s mostly these rich women in their prestige-mobiles.They`re tough to turn down.I don`t want jealous husbands taking a bat to my Jimmy.These women understand after a little comforting conversation.They always can see that anyone driving such a noble creation could be no less than a man of great integrity and high morals.
Oh boy

see ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:46 AM   #55
GMC Jim

Spec K; your comments are kinda like college degrees, methinks !!.... B.S.; well most everyone kows what BS stands for..... M.S. is More of the Same; while a PHD stands for -- Piled Higher and Deeper... LOL
Old 03-11-2007, 08:48 AM   #56
watahyahknow

the only reason for me not to buy a GMC would be there not typeaproved here in holland europe , they never where imported here by the dealers and it would take me a lot of effort and a detour to germany to get my dutch licenceplates .
i like the grille and everything elso on the truck and own a allready aproved GMC C10 from 1986 .
GMC in europe usually are old army surplus from bases in germany

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts
watahyahknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 09:32 AM   #57
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by watahyahknow View Post
the only reason for me not to buy a GMC would be there not typeaproved here in holland europe , they never where imported here by the dealers and it would take me a lot of effort and a detour to germany to get my dutch licenceplates .
i like the grille and everything elso on the truck and own a allready aproved GMC C10 from 1986 .
GMC in europe usually are old army surplus from bases in germany
Just buy a Chevy and put a GMC grille in it.We`ll get even!!

GMCJim,that`s good stuff...piled higher and deeperI am offended,though.I was serious.

I have both,I like`em all.I was looking for a 1st gen MonteCarlo to have a car to mate up with my truck in the earlt`80s.I saw a`63 Riviera and thought,"That`s just an earlier Monte Carlo in Buick wraps."The more I read and talked I found it was the grand dady of the personal sport luxury GM cars that started the "Pepsi Bottle" side panel design.It was,also,launched to counter the T-bird.It did,it sent T-birds runnin`for a new identity.I called mine the bird killer.(425 daul quad)

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 03-11-2007 at 09:38 AM.