The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-18-2008, 04:01 PM   #26
68 short step

Re: any body know how to contact tink

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
-
Also, NEVER buy anything and send money without getting personal contact information from the seller.... Period.

LockDoc
x1000
68 short step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 07:16 PM   #27
houndstooth

wow nice to belong to a site with such nice and honest people. as for contac info i normally do unless i'm on a site i belong to never had any problems on other sites i belong to including the dreaded h.a.m.b. we all kinda help each other out
thks for your help
houndstooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 07:25 PM   #28
68 short step

whats h.a.m.b.?
68 short step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:59 PM   #29
special-K
Special Order

From what I`ve seen Tink has done all she can about this and has proven,as far as I can see,that it was sent and it is now the responsibility of either the Us Postal Service,Us/Canadian Customs,or Canadian post office.In your thread in the proper message board,Bad Deals,I posted how I had a deal with a Canadian diesel parts supplier that got hung up forever in customs.
Wayne,I know it sucks that you paid for something and didn`t get anything,at least yet.But,bad mouthing someone who has shown that they have made every attempt to be cooperative and ignoring the fact that there are a few other parties that could possibly be responsible isn`t going to make the carb appear.Sorry,just how I see it,bud.I really don`t think that Tink has ripped you off.I don`t know her any better than you.And I really don`t like saying this to a friend of someone who mattered to me.Enough to make me want to visit the island even after he has passed and hopefully meet what friends he had that I`m aware of...such as you.Please don`t let this bring bad blood.I`m cool,I just think you need to take another look at what`s going on here.Please see that is all there is to my post.Thanks,Tim

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 06-18-2008 at 09:02 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:29 PM   #30
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 short step View Post
whats h.a.m.b.?
It's what us people from new Yawk have with our eggs in the morning

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:33 PM   #31
entourageguy
Yellow truck club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 short step View Post
whats h.a.m.b.?
Hokey Ass Message Board

check it out some time....

Brian ......

My hub garage address
http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/59apache
I gue$$ everything has it'$ price
ALL GONE NOW

59 Chev Apache
PRAISE THE LOWERED
350 700r lokar shifter
power MII front end, shockwaves
tilt, 4 wheel discs
4-link and bags
10 bolt limited
entourageguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:04 PM   #32
glock35ipsc
Next project: 1970 K10

Quote:
Originally Posted by entourageguy View Post
Hokey Ass Message Board

Link: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/

1970 Chevy K10 LWB "Goldie" 350/TH350 next project!!
1981 Chevy C10 LWB 355/TH350 - My son's truck

LS SWAP FORUM! Tons of LS swap info here!
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT THE GREATEST BOARD ON THE NET!
CLICK HERE FOR THE FAQ INDEX by KRUE
glock35ipsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:17 PM   #33
larry may

New Mystery ....."WHERE IS THE CARBERETOR" ???

Not serious, but I do feel your aggravation too! Been Shang hied my self once or more times. But never from this site. This surely will get straightened out for you.

Thou shalt be cool and not hassle

Be a site supporter.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool inclines to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2
larry may is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:45 AM   #34
Shane
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by entourageguy View Post
Hokey Ass Message Board

Two things to add here:

1.) One of the coolest sites on the 'Net

2.) Be very very careful what you ask or what you say once you're there.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:36 AM   #35
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry may View Post
New Mystery ....."WHERE IS THE CARBERETOR" ???

Not serious, but I do feel your aggravation too! Been Shang hied my self once or more times. But never from this site. This surely will get straightened out for you.
No one has been Shang Hi`d on this site.Check the facts.It`s in the hands of one or the other post office`s or customs.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 06-20-2008, 03:01 PM   #36
raggedjim

If I sold something and it hadn't arrived in 4 months I would refund the money, regardless of the circumstances. Whether it is legal not to wouldn't matter, for me it is a matter of principle. When I ship something I feel an obligation to follow up on it until it arrives. I can honestly say I have only had one item never arrive and I returned the money to the buyer. My reputation isn't worth the money, some people's reputations are for sale for a lot less...

Good luck, Rg

'68 Short step - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=849675
'69 ('70?) 2wd Blazer
'70 GMC Jimmy 2wd
raggedjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:32 PM   #37
houndstooth

beware of dealing with tink

bought carb from tink in feb. did not rec. tink told me she was checking into it and it could take 6 months . get real . she sends me a shipping # from a trace she was doing but it was just a # with no referance to me or our transaction , it could be to any one, well still nothing and there is no way buyer can trace ....tink seems to have disapeared.buyer beware from tink
Old 07-30-2008, 08:44 PM   #38
jb4short
Damn Yankee

Re: beware of dealing with tink

Is this a repost? This looks real familiar
jb4short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:24 PM   #39
houndstooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ProAutomotive View Post
Is this a repost? This looks real familiar
no last time i posted every one kinda dumped on me saying it takes 6 months to ship to canada . well give me a break i've been dealing in the usa for years it takes 14 days usually and i've had stuff in 7 days and over nite . just a heads up if any is dealing with tink. she has done nothing to help solve this other than a shipping number that could be for any thing or any one
thks
houndstooth
Old 07-30-2008, 10:08 PM   #40
Cyclone44
Step Brother

This is a repost...The other one is in the bad deals section....
Cyclone44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:43 PM   #41
augie
Waiting for Paul to Open Safe

This should had been in Bad Deals where your other thread is. All four threads on this subject are now merged. Please update one thread and do not cross post them.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:49 PM   #42
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Re: payed no delivery what next

I am really not sure what else to say here besides the same thing again.

Tink has not been on the site since May. She was an active member with NO issues previous to that. She offered a refund to this part AND set up the trace which had been explained before. Canada had 60 days to review it and then send it to the usps and then they got to review it and then let her know what was going on.

I can understand your frustration, but as a buyer you should had gotten contact information as well. There is nothing we can do to help you at this point... You have posted this 4 times now and that is just annoying no less against the rules as well. Please post in this thread to update from now on as Augie stated.

I wish you the best in getting your item, and again hope all is well with tink too..
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:41 AM   #43
special-K
Special Order

This sucks,for sure.I am sympathizing with you,Wayne.But,in my mind,I`d jump to cuss bureaucratic muttling and lack of accountability between customs and two postal systems before I`d personally attack a person with no known history of wrong doing.If you are wrongly accusing Tink then did you consider you may have run her off the site?Did you consider how you would feel if innocent and in her shoes?How would you handle it?I`ve given real life examples in this thread about international befundledness as well as a simple California to Maryland postal hangup.I`ve had a zillion smooth transactions,but that didn`t make the couple bad ones I`ve had not occur.I ordered a set of 14.50/37-16.5 mounted & balanced tires from San Diego and got them months faster than a car model kit.I hope this still turns out well.But,my gut tells me you`re a victom of some system failure.Shippers are known for throwing away damaged parcels to rid themselves of blame for damage.Not every employee in the chain of shipping will have enough integrity to own up to mishandling a package.It`s just another cardboard box to them.

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 08-01-2008 at 07:44 AM.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:38 AM   #44
PHOENIX

First I wouldn't send something out of the country for just this reason. Plus sometimes the buyer refuses to pay the taxes and it comes back, costing the seller/shipper even more money.

I think if the seller can't prove the item was delivered the transaction was not complete. A full or partial refund should be given.

Unless the buyer would only accept one method of shipping its the sellers responsibility to deliver (not just ship) the item. I prefer to ship UPS with a tracking number. It may cost a little more, and UPS does funk sheet up, but way more times than not they do it right and can prove delivery with tracking number.

Where is Tink?
Old 08-06-2008, 10:40 PM   #45
houndstooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
This sucks,for sure.I am sympathizing with you,Wayne.But,in my mind,I`d jump to cuss bureaucratic muttling and lack of accountability between customs and two postal systems before I`d personally attack a person with no known history of wrong doing.If you are wrongly accusing Tink then did you consider you may have run her off the site?Did you consider how you would feel if innocent and in her shoes?How would you handle it?I`ve given real life examples in this thread about international befundledness as well as a simple California to Maryland postal hangup.I`ve had a zillion smooth transactions,but that didn`t make the couple bad ones I`ve had not occur.I ordered a set of 14.50/37-16.5 mounted & balanced tires from San Diego and got them months faster than a car model kit.I hope this still turns out well.But,my gut tells me you`re a victom of some system failure.Shippers are known for throwing away damaged parcels to rid themselves of blame for damage.Not every employee in the chain of shipping will have enough integrity to own up to mishandling a package.It`s just another cardboard box to them.
you have got to be kidding me i run her off the site ??? i'm the one that didnt rec. my goods she is the one that dissapeared and has not tried to help in this matter if she is innocent why have i not heard from her there is no system failure if she follows up they have to respond to her requests . i can not trace from my end only the the shipper can . pull your head out special k..and by the way if you decide to visit out this way drop by i'll be glad to show you around , we may not have the same morals when i do a deal i see it through, any way i'm sure we can find some common ground as we share same interests.
cheers
houndstooth
Old 08-07-2008, 09:19 AM   #46
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

well if tink offered a refund, and im kinda getting into this well past the start of the thread, ya shoulda taken the refund and if the parts get there then id hope you give her the money back... It is kinda in her court to get the parts to you and it is the responsibility of the seller to handle the shipping and dealing with the shipper if they screw up. She has to fight it out with the shipper. Until houndstooth actually signs for the item the item is still owned by tink
This is why you always ship signature requested so that there is proof the intended recipient gets their item, for everyones protection
That being said and having spoken to tink in threads here i find it hard to believe she would do anything intentional to screw any member here. I would hope that she is not run off the site as special-k suggested and would hope this matter can be amicably resolved as both tink and houndstooth are valued members of our community

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:39 PM   #47
90\87Formula

Here's a couple of things I would like to add and I am not saying Tink is a thief, because I have never dealt with her and even communicated with her on this or any other board.

Even though there is a filled-out customs form and a Postal receipt, it doesn't mean the item was shipped. You can pay for shipping charges and not actually ship the item. The clerk will give you back the package if you ask for it. (maybe you thought of something else that should go inside) UNLESS you pay for a Certificate of Shipping/Mailing. This is a little slip of paper which has the senders' and receivers' names and addresses on it. I think it cost $1.15. It gets stamped by the Postal Clerk with the postmark date/time info and is given to the shipper. The Postal Clerk will not give you the package back if you buy this Certificate. It also shows up separately on the receipt; which it doesn't on the receipt in question.

ALSO, you can do a Delivery Confirmation search on the USPS site, using the customs number; which is CP352495574US. It won't tell if the package has been delivered, but it will at least tell if the package was accepted at the Post Office. I did a search and nothing shows up for that customs number.

AND one more IMPORTANT thing. This package was shipped Priority Post, so it is automatically insured for $94.06 or $54.06 ( I can't tell for sure what the receipt says) for loss or damage. I don't what the time limitation is on this though. So if you never receive your item, you should be able to at least get the insurance money. Tink will have to file the claim though.

Once again, I am not calling Tink a thief, because I don't know her and have not had any dealings with her.
90\87Formula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 04:54 PM   #48
special-K
Special Order

Wayne,nothing personal meant nor taken over this.Just trying to help resolve by looking at both sides.I am all about morality and am careful with jumping to conclusions.She did offer a refund,check with the shipper,and was trying to work with this until alot of posts of accusations.I don`t know her well,but knew it was bothering her to be accussed after showing her earnist.It was in wait for word from P.O. staus,yet she was still being called out.I showed examples of problems I have had.I`m curious what has evolved here.Enough time has passed,but neither of you are here.I don`t know if,for her,it`s hiding out after a scam or a case of "this site ani`t worth it" and she`s just fed up and left.
I wish you two could have communicated this thing through.No one but you two know just how it went.

Tim

Old 09-28-2008, 06:25 PM   #49
houndstooth

thks for your interest ....yes a refund finally came about a week ago. i asked what became of the part and no reply so i guess thats the end of the drama. thks again for your interest
houndstooth
Old 09-28-2008, 07:53 PM   #50
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

wow good of you to update the post and clear her name in a timely manner

Tink contacted me back on 8/23 with confirmation that she had contacted you for info on where to send a refund with no reply. I'm glad this finally got resolved, but am surprised that after making a huge deal and countless posts over her "screwing" you over, you never bothered to reply saying you got a refund until asked in the post
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote