The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-09-2008, 11:13 AM   #1
bdydrp97s10

gmc pauls

alot of other ppl on here have had good expeirences with GMC pauls, and i hoped that i would to....

in the other thread i was asking why shipping was so high from them, and nobody really gave me a good answer.. there are other ppl that even say they have gotten free shipping from him...

well on the december 27 i ordered two inner door patches, two outter door patches , and one rocker panel.. a combined weight of 40 pounds... 53 dollars to ship it just sounded funny to me... anyways fast forward to today the packeage comes in.. i see that it has been drop shipped from NJ..
i just figured since it came from NJ thats why it cost so much to ship. But just to make sure i took the package to a UPS store to check shipping back to the samw adress.

Guess what shipping to return it was $23.. i overpayed $30 for shipping, thats just shady to me, i dont know why he would overcharge for shipping like that?? and on top of that i ordered on the 27 of december and it didnt even ship until january third...

im just mad that he trys to make more on shipping, if he needs more money to cover the cost of the parts he should just factor that into the cost of his products like everyother company out there does, rather than trying to slip that extra $30 by the customer, it just seems underhanded to me?????

sorry for the rant....
bdydrp97s10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:16 AM   #2
1966gmc
Why does it taste purple?

Re: gmc pauls

Yeah man that sucks.My G/F was goin to order some lenses for my truck from another company and they wanted 50 bucks to guarantee they were here before christmas.She call the first week of Dec FFS.They weigh less than a pound.I really hate some of these companies these days
1966gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:18 AM   #3
jkaylor68gmc

Not only do companies do this but I had a similiar experience on the board.
2002 Chevrolet Silverado 7-inch lift on 35 Daily driver
2016 Chevy Tahoe Better halves ride
jkaylor68gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:06 PM   #4
pcmcobra

It's a shame a lot of companies do this. Shop around, find best price WITH shipping.
You have to laugh at the "low price" marketing ploy of some folks, especially the ebayers, for example, to ship 10 5/16x1" bolts, $8.
I usually shop a lot of different places online, some have better deals than others, including shipping.

Miami...Flee it like a native
pcmcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:11 PM   #5
72freak
Rottenwood Garage Member

If it was drop shipped there is a VERY good chance that that was the price quoted/charged to them also....You might want to contact GMC Pauls first to find out what happened......They are honest people and they will telll you if it was them or the original vendor.

Also...remember....a lot of operations did not work between Christmas and New Years....so that would probably explain the delay in the product being sent>
1972 Chevrolet C-20 Custom Camper "Dump Truck"
1972 Chevrolet C-20 Suburban "Big Green"
1969 Chevrolet C-50 Wedge Hauler "Leonidis"
1966 C-10 2x4 short fleet 327 4 speed "Race Truck"
1952 Plymouth Cranbrook "Rican" (my grandfathers)
1931 Ford Model A Coupe "Black Beauty"
1930 Ford Model A truck "Club Cab" 4x4

Rottenwood Garage and Speed Shop.....where everything must be racy!

It's not just a hobby..It's a LIFESTYLE!!!

Thanks for nothing Barrett-Jackson

You cant fix stupid or teach accountability!

Time wasters, looky Lous and tire kickers are everywhere!
72freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:53 PM   #6
panhandler62
Java Mechanic

Have you contacted him? Shipping can get complex sometimes and mistakes happen.
68 C20 Fleetside -- RIP
Decorating the whole town up at a cost of $27 ....
panhandler62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 01:01 PM   #7
bdydrp97s10

nope havent contacted him, dont really care to... im not going to but from him anymore whether shipping was jacked up by him or the supplier..

i tryed doing the same order on his website and the shipping quoted was $65

so if you order on line the shipping gets even more rediculous??????
Old 01-09-2008, 01:06 PM   #8
bdydrp97s10

i think they should just be straight forward with people and charge what they need to charge to make their money, rather than try to make it by slipping a few extra dollars in there in the shipping cost.. that goes for all companies not GMC pauls.

i would much rather just pay the extra money in the original cost rather than have the company try to pull the wool over my eyes by charging more for shipping.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:21 PM   #9
Old Chevy Mech
Keepin it runnin!

I'm not defending GMCPauls at all, lets set that straight. My only thought is do you feel that any amount over what the UPS people wanted is wrong? In this particular case, if it was me I would figure that; $23 for the UPS people, and $10 for my time & labor in packaging, handling and delivering to the UPS pick up point (in this case he probably has a regular pick up set up with UPS, where I do not).
$30 over does seem like something went wrong though. Have you contacted them and asked?

Frank

"Liberty Means Responsibility, that is why most men dread it"
Old Chevy Mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 02:32 PM   #10
lyrikz
PITbut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Chevy Mech View Post
I'm not defending GMCPauls at all, lets set that straight. My only thought is do you feel that any amount over what the UPS people wanted is wrong? In this particular case, if it was me I would figure that; $23 for the UPS people, and $10 for my time & labor in packaging, handling and delivering to the UPS pick up point (in this case he probably has a regular pick up set up with UPS, where I do not).
$30 over does seem like something went wrong though. Have you contacted them and asked?

Frank
Of course not, his is going to complain about it and not just pick up the phone to see if it was a simple mistake.
lyrikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:11 PM   #11
Tim Christian

You could of just drove to Rogersville from Johnson City for $20.00 worth of gas and picked the parts up.
Tim Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:13 PM   #12
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:25 PM   #13
bdydrp97s10

tim, i am well aware of your store now.... but when i placed the order i didnt know you were in existance.. i would have just drove to rogersville and got the parts if i knew you were there

ill be looking for your booth at the gray swap meet... i need some fenders and i dont want to pay the shipping charges for shipping on those. what do you chrage for a left and right fender for a 68
Old 01-09-2008, 03:47 PM   #14
Billla
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdydrp97s10 View Post
nope havent contacted him, dont really care to...
If you haven't contacted the vendor, then you shouldn't be posting here. If you haven't even offered them the chance to make it right or explain...then what's the point?
Billla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:51 PM   #15
panhandler62
Java Mechanic

How you handle it is up to you, but I've always known Paul to be a stand up guy. Personaly -- I would find out if the expensive shipping was an error he might be inclined to put right.

If he doesn, he doesn't but if he does --- sounds like a $30 phone call and a fast cure for acid reflux to me.
68 C20 Fleetside -- RIP
Decorating the whole town up at a cost of $27 ....
panhandler62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 08:46 PM   #16
kevinr1970

It sounds to me like you need to talk to GMC Pauls if you are truly looking for an answer to your question?
Quote:
....in the other thread i was asking why shipping was so high from them, and nobody really gave me a good answer...
For comparison I just shipped a Mt. bike frame from Seattle to Chicago. It weighed 18 lbs and cost $53.64 to ship. 40 lbs for $53 doesn't seem out of line?
I am not defending GMC Pauls as I have never ordered anything from them but as was said before, you should at least talk to them before slamming them.
Quote:
... a combined weight of 40 pounds... 53 dollars to ship it just sounded funny to me... i just figured since it came from NJ thats why it cost so much to ship. But just to make sure i took the package to a UPS store to check shipping back to the samw adress.

Guess what shipping to return it was $23.. i overpayed $30 for shipping,
1991 GMC CrewCab Dually 4x4, just going to fix things up for now
1982/1989 K5/GMC Jimmy 2wd
1987 GMC 1/2 ton swb 2wd Crew (sold)
kevinr1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:46 AM   #17
jb4short
Damn Yankee

The shipping costs usually reflect more than just the freight weight (though $23.00 seems cheap for 40lbs.). There's dimensional weight (with door bottoms the package had to be over 45" long), packing materials, labor, etc.

Also; you should have been aware of how much you were being charged for freight before completing the sale

Doesn't seem right to blow a guy up when you knew what you were agreeing to.
jb4short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:02 AM   #18
72armyswbtruck

I understand your frustration, however it is common practice for companies to charge shipping prices greater than what they actually pay, I just paid nearly $20 bucks shipping on arm rest from brothers and the arm rest were only 30 bucks, that is crazy, they fit in a flat rate USPS box for 10 bucks.
My point is that this is not an uncommon practice.
JM2C

Quote:
alot of other ppl on here have had good expeirences with GMC pauls, and i hoped that i would to....

in the other thread i was asking why shipping was so high from them, and nobody really gave me a good answer.. there are other ppl that even say they have gotten free shipping from him...

well on the december 27 i ordered two inner door patches, two outter door patches , and one rocker panel.. a combined weight of 40 pounds... 53 dollars to ship it just sounded funny to me... anyways fast forward to today the packeage comes in.. i see that it has been drop shipped from NJ..
i just figured since it came from NJ thats why it cost so much to ship. But just to make sure i took the package to a UPS store to check shipping back to the samw adress.

Guess what shipping to return it was $23.. i overpayed $30 for shipping, thats just shady to me, i dont know why he would overcharge for shipping like that?? and on top of that i ordered on the 27 of december and it didnt even ship until january third...

im just mad that he trys to make more on shipping, if he needs more money to cover the cost of the parts he should just factor that into the cost of his products like everyother company out there does, rather than trying to slip that extra $30 by the customer, it just seems underhanded to me?????

sorry for the rant....
Old 01-10-2008, 06:21 AM   #19
1LoC10
Insert Title Here

you do know you pay for shipping AND handling right?.. the parts dont round them selves up, jump in a box, and go off to shipping

1000 pics of 67-72's>> http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z...-72/?start=all <<

Last edited by 1LoC10; 01-10-2008 at 06:22 AM.
1LoC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:50 AM   #20
Old Chevy Mech
Keepin it runnin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LoC10 View Post
the parts dont round them selves up, jump in a box, and go off to shipping
They dont?

Frank

"Liberty Means Responsibility, that is why most men dread it"
Old Chevy Mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 12:22 PM   #21
bdydrp97s10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LoC10 View Post
you do know you pay for shipping AND handling right?.. the parts dont round them selves up, jump in a box, and go off to shipping
are you sure

i guess ill just have to get used to this, as everybody says its common practice..

and for the guy that shipped the mountain bike--- last week i shipped two lower control arms, they weighed 60lbs combined, they went from tennessee to new york in two days, and it only cost the guy i shipped them to $25..
Old 01-10-2008, 01:39 PM   #22
bad6772
Official Site Guitar Shredder

well i have been watching this thread, so i figured i would chime in with my dealings with GMC Pauls...i have been buying from paul for over 7 years now...3-4months ago, i sent an email with some questions and parts availabilty and a day to pick up< is in the same state is me> Got a reply email stating all parts were there and we agreed on a date...so me and the wife got up early on a saturday, and headed out for the 3 hour.<one way trip) .called about 20 mins away and was told our parts were being pulled..Ha..... not only was our parts not being pulled when we got there ,but none of the parts i ordered was there NONE OF THEM...pissed was a understatement....But being calm before the storm... i figured things happen..Anyways..i then set to order everything that i drove there for (which i could have just done that from my house) .total came out to 408.56 ..(that included shipping) i laid out 420.00, and was told that they didnt have change, and that they would have to go the local quickie mart and get me change....i then stated that i had drove for 3 hours to get there for parts that was supposed to be there,and couldnt they just wave the 8 dollars...and i was told no sorry.... so i then decided this just wasnt the deal i wanted. i picked up my cash and me and the wife headed for the door.. I guess business is good to lose 400 dollars over 8 dollars....So basically i wasted 7 hours of my day plus fuel ( 55 dollars ) ...I did not deal with Paul directly,but it is his company with his name on it..
I also want to add i am not trying to bash or hijack this thread but this is my dealings with GMC pauls...it really gripes my arse to i have spent well over 5 grand with GMC pauls and this is how i was done.....VERY SAD...i hope that whatever is going on there gets fixed... i like paul and like dealing with HIM....not someone who makes me feel like i am a pain in their arse and im bugging them.... also there were two other site venders who got me all my parts, and i have made more orders through them and they made me feel wanted as a customer and a fellow truck guy....

Last edited by bad6772; 01-10-2008 at 01:58 PM.
bad6772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 03:05 PM   #23
kevinr1970

Quote:
and for the guy that shipped the mountain bike--- last week i shipped two lower control arms, they weighed 60lbs combined, they went from tennessee to new york in two days, and it only cost the guy i shipped them to $25..
I just double checked my checking account and it was actually $56.72.
BUT, I forgot I had it insured for $1000. Not sure how of the $56 that was?
My bad.

I still think you should give GMC Pauls a call just to find out why it was so much. Again, not defending the place but paying TWICE what shipping should be would have me curious enough to call.

As for paying "handling" on things like this, it just seems wierd since their business IS handling parts. To charge you for it in addition to the "price" just seems strange. I am not saying they shouldn't be making money on the transaction, but should'nt that be covered with their markup?
1991 GMC CrewCab Dually 4x4, just going to fix things up for now
1982/1989 K5/GMC Jimmy 2wd
1987 GMC 1/2 ton swb 2wd Crew (sold)
kevinr1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 03:46 PM   #24
bdydrp97s10

like i said, i dont really care anymore...

bad6772- that really suck that you drove all that way and they burnt you like that.. i dont know why they would tell you repeatedly that they had the parts in stock??

i dont know what you ordered, everything i oredered was dropshipped from another company.. that might explain why they didnt have anything there?? they probably just mark the prices up on other campanys goods and have tehm send them to you...

cause when i called there to order, some lady said "WE" will box thwm up and ship them out as asap... but they just called whoever and had tehm send me the stuff
Old 01-11-2008, 05:27 PM   #25
jsbgump
Gone Fishing

I think you should just get off of your soap box and call GMC Pauls. I have only ordered from them once and was pleased with the whole process. If their is anything that can be done to help the situation out just call and see. It could have been a simple error. Don't bash someone without contacting them to resolve it first.
Build Thread

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post3483616
jsbgump is offline   Reply With Quote