The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-09-2008, 01:58 AM   #1
68 short step

another CPP bad deal

i had ordered a set of 1.5" drop blocks.
i placed the order 4-18-08 amd after a week of waiting i called ,4-28-08, and spoke to danny inquireing where they are and to get a tracking #. He told me they were on back order and he just got them fom the machine shop and they'll ship out tomorrow (4-29-08). I asked him if he would email me a tracking # once they shipped out, and i gave him my email addy and a phone number. 4 days later on
5-02-08 i finally get the tracking #, and a expected delivery date of 5-7-08 (today). I received the package, opened it up to see the nuts/ washers scattered about in the box, and the kicker is the blocks were used or previously installed. they werent taped together when i received them, but one has a sliver of tape with dirt on it from before i got them. they also have a imprint of the washers digging into the aluminum when they were tighten previously. it gets better, i open my receipt only to see i was charged more then the rep. told me it would be. I called and talked to Aaron and told him when i placed the order, how i wasnt told they were on back order, how danny told me they were 'fresh' from the mill gonna be shipped out, how they were used/previously installed, and how they over charged me. He seemed just instrested in getting off the phone. He said he'd refund my $$ they over charged me, and send me new blocks if i wanted, but id have to get him these blocks and wait another 3-4days (heard that before). i told him i wasnt gonna fool with paying for more shipping charges and it was hard enough just to get these in... i told him their CS sucked, but it receiently (last year) had gotten better, but now its getting back to where it was before...he didnt care, and just wanted off the phone.
68 short step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 09:42 PM   #2
pocoloco71

Re: another CPP bad deal

I had already posted a long review about cpp troubles with some leaf
springs so I won't give another blow by blow, but at the center of the
trouble was a fellow named Aaron. He was condescending and not interested
in being helpful. I had to ask for a supervisor before I finally got the
correct springs. Anyway I have not ordered anything else from them.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:13 AM   #3
GKsport67

WOW!!! they got the goods but aint good huh!
GKsport67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 03:40 AM   #4
pocoloco71

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKsport67 View Post
WOW!!! they got the goods but aint good huh!
That's what's so frustrating, they do have some wonderful products, their
website is very good.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:13 AM   #5
huero
1969 Short, Fleet, and Beat

How many bad reviews have to be posted about these guys before people learn to stay away?
huero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:02 PM   #6
kyull67

CPP loves to charge you for more than what you originally agree on. It's almost like it's a policy of thiers. Happened twice to me, I got the money back and will never do business with them again. They suck!
kyull67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:32 PM   #7
68 short step

so mods, we banned james for selling crappy parts and screwing people.....are we just instrested in getting their 'vender fees' or are we genuinely instrested in peoples instrestes?
Old 07-04-2008, 02:32 PM   #8
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 short step View Post
so mods, we banned james for selling crappy parts and screwing people.....are we just instrested in getting their 'vender fees' or are we genuinely instrested in peoples instrestes?
CPP is not a paying board vendor. They are just one of many companies that sell stuff for our trucks. I have purchased many CPP parts through board supporting vendors that are dealers for CPP. Ive never had a problem with anything. Maybe dealing with a board vendor like I do is a work around if you want CPP stuff. Kinda sad that it has to work that way.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 05:38 PM   #9
68 short step

CPP IS a paying board vender......but i do like your idea of getting the parts from a more reputable vender.....

read post #205
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=245314&page=9
Old 07-04-2008, 06:14 PM   #10
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Quote:
CPP IS a paying board vender......but i do like your idea of getting the parts from a more reputable vender.....

read post #205
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=245314&page=9
Ok, my bad on that one...I looked at the list and didnt see them.

Read that whole thread...DKN is CPP...I wish he would have come on as CPP instead...I wouldnt like such a dork...lol.

Last edited by CG; 07-04-2008 at 06:22 PM.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 03:46 PM   #11
111stony

I recently stopped by CPP during a family vacation to check out their big brake setup. Their counter service was a little slow, but their products were first rate. I gave them a large list of parts that I would stop by on Sat. (3 days later) to pick up. I showed up on Friday because of an vacation timing issue. They put the whole order together. The few parts they did not have, they said they would ship them to me, no charge. They stayed after closing to complete my order, then helped me load everything into my car.

When I got home, I noticed the zinc wash on one of the rotors had a blemish. They said they would send me another one and send a UPS call tag for the bad rotor. The rest of my order was shipped 6 days later. They emailed me the UPS tracking info as well.

This was my experence with CPP.
111stony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:11 PM   #12
big_al_71

I ordered several parts from them last week and got them five days later!!!!
No problem at all and I am about to spend alot of money with them on a complete suspension and brake kit assy...I hope it all goes well,,

American express!!! if there are issues

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:50 AM   #13
screwballl
Tonawanda 454

make sure you guys add your experiences to resellerratings.com
-------------------
screwballl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:41 AM   #14
rene495

I see them at the Pomona Swap Meet.

Last edited by rene495; 08-29-2008 at 12:43 AM.
rene495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:42 AM   #15
rene495

I hate to hear that.
rene495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:43 PM   #16
Conroe trucker
SWBs: 67 2x4, 67 4x4, 70 4x4

I had nothing but hell with them.

My application was a 6 cylinder master cylinder and 4 wheel disc bakes.

They never sent the rear caliper mounting brackets, took six weeks to get them. The power brake booster will not clear a 6 cyl air filter. They said fits with no problem. So now I am running a manual set-up.

No copper crush washers for the banjo bolts, so we had to wait for that. Power steering pump would not fit, even though they promised it would. So they sold me a bracket for 66 to make it fit.

Needless to say I back charged them through AX for the bracket and power brake booster.

I kept a running talley of everyone I talked to and when, so when they questioned me about my attitude I rattled everything off and they settled down pretty quick.

If it had not been for Mario there, I would have back charged the entire order.
Took about 6 months to get it all resolved.
01 C5 convertable
08 Z06
Conroe trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 01:39 PM   #17
longhorn70gmc

Good to know! I like going to Pomona.

1970 GMC Sierra Grande 402/TH400
(Longhorn)14 years and counting rebuild!
1975 (Build) Chevrolet SWB 4X4 350 SB Lifted 6 inches
1970 Ford F250 Ranger 390 BB
2010 Ford Super Duty F250 XLT W/4 inch lift kit and Pro Comp Tires
Hub Cap Freak!
I need another truck like I need another hole in the head!
I'M IN THE MARKET...AS IT WERE!
longhorn70gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:31 PM   #18
jholley

Even though I'd read this thread I bought $500 in parts from them two weeks ago (e-bay auctions) Their ad states "We ship promptly by UPS" (1-6 days). I'd hoped to have the parts in by this weekend so I could get some work done on my truck. Anybody know where this is going? No parts as of yesterday. I e-mailed them this morning. This afternoon I get UPS tracking numbers. So it will be at least another week before I get the parts I bought two weeks ago.

Just for giggles I went back and read their feedback on e-bay. Same story again and again. To make it even better they come back and bash the buyers for complaining about their less than adequate service. Anybody who has any question about what CPP is about should read those responses to legitimate complaints. Very mature and contrite... NOT!!

They won't be getting any more of my money. I'll pay more somewhere else for better service. I hope their poor service eventually catches up to them.

Jim

Garage fillers...

85 Chevy C10 Silverado LWB
07 Nissan Altima
2006 Mini Cooper S

Last edited by jholley; 01-30-2009 at 10:32 PM.
jholley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 03:45 PM   #19
leddzepp

I have bought from CPP and had no problems. Their drop spindles are USA made and fit perfect. I live down the street from them, so shipping is not an issue with me. It seems to be the issue with most other people who have complaints.
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:20 PM   #20
wwotr

Quote:
i had ordered a set of 1.5" drop blocks.
i placed the order 4-18-08 amd after a week of waiting i called ,4-28-08, and spoke to danny inquireing where they are and to get a tracking #. He told me they were on back order and he just got them fom the machine shop and they'll ship out tomorrow (4-29-08). I asked him if he would email me a tracking # once they shipped out, and i gave him my email addy and a phone number. 4 days later on
5-02-08 i finally get the tracking #, and a expected delivery date of 5-7-08 (today). I received the package, opened it up to see the nuts/ washers scattered about in the box, and the kicker is the blocks were used or previously installed. they werent taped together when i received them, but one has a sliver of tape with dirt on it from before i got them. they also have a imprint of the washers digging into the aluminum when they were tighten previously. it gets better, i open my receipt only to see i was charged more then the rep. told me it would be. I called and talked to Aaron and told him when i placed the order, how i wasnt told they were on back order, how danny told me they were 'fresh' from the mill gonna be shipped out, how they were used/previously installed, and how they over charged me. He seemed just instrested in getting off the phone. He said he'd refund my $$ they over charged me, and send me new blocks if i wanted, but id have to get him these blocks and wait another 3-4days (heard that before). i told him i wasnt gonna fool with paying for more shipping charges and it was hard enough just to get these in... i told him their CS sucked, but it receiently (last year) had gotten better, but now its getting back to where it was before...he didnt care, and just wanted off the phone.
Wish I'd have known about this Forum BEFORE I used CPP.
Danny there is a big Bull$hiter as is Jeff.
You can read my expierence here on the Forums at:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...72#post3439172

I will NEVER do business with CPP again and will NEVER recommend them to anyone else..PERIOD!

Roger
"RATIKLE"
back in November of 2011.
I don't visit the site much anymore,
but please feel free,
to drop me a private message.
RIP...."RATIKLE"

Last edited by wwotr; 09-24-2010 at 04:47 PM.
wwotr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 04:45 PM   #21
LEEVON

I've had mixed results from them in the past with a big order for my dad's nova ($2k). They made it right enough that I decided I would give them my business again if necessary.

Last week I bought a crossmember and and shift linkage from them on Ebay after they said they would combine shipping and they sent me three tracking numbers...WTF? Just hoping everything arrives as ordered.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:06 PM   #22
VA72C10
VA72C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEEVON View Post
I've had mixed results from them in the past with a big order for my dad's nova ($2k). They made it right enough that I decided I would give them my business again if necessary.

Last week I bought a crossmember and and shift linkage from them on Ebay after they said they would combine shipping and they sent me three tracking numbers...WTF? Just hoping everything arrives as ordered.
I just had them say they'd combine shipping and then they didn't and said that they were paying more for shipping than they posted on ebay. Last ebay deal they did combine shipping and it was reasonable. Took a while to get back to me, the shipping was slow, but the products all look good.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:39 PM   #23
LEEVON

Got the stuff, crossmember is A+, universal shift linkage kit is C- for crappy instructions and poor fit.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:26 PM   #24
leddzepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEEVON View Post
Got the stuff, crossmember is A+, universal shift linkage kit is C- for crappy instructions and poor fit.
What problems did you have with the shift linkage? It was Kugel Komponents, correct? Mine fit perfectly, and needed some adjustment to line up the shift indicator (700R4), but that was about it.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 05:13 PM   #25
eightbanger
454 MAKES IT ROAR

I'm surprised to hear that folks are having bad experiences with CPP....none here, I will say, that there coms are bad, I have to send my q's a couple of times before I get a reply.

An American living in a British body.

1971 Chevy Cheyenne 10 454

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson

No more pain.
03.12.60 -- 12.28.10

http://www.youtube.com/Eightbanger
eightbanger is offline   Reply With Quote