The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-28-2008, 08:07 PM   #1
apachedaddy

CPP company????

i ordered a gas tank relocation kit from CPP 2 weeks ago. After the first week went by, i called and was told it would be shipped the next day. Another week go's by and i call again today and was told there was a computer glitch and they didnt have the kit in stock. I got the it should be shipped out in the next 2 days. Has anyone else has this prob with this company. First time i have ordered anything from them and would like to order some of their lowering parts, so im hopeing this is a one time thing.
apachedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:17 PM   #2
salazar44
65 - Chevy C10

Re: CPP company????

I would say it is a rare occasion. Sometimes stuff like that happens where they think they have something in stock and they dont. Then they gotta order it from their vendor. It is unfortunate for you but they are typically a good company to deal with.
salazar44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:24 PM   #3
scotts62
One day...

Yea must have had something happen, i have ordered some stuff from them and dind't have any problems..

93 crew cab build
Project 62
scotts62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:35 PM   #4
YOLO
Custom Truck Lover!

CPP has been great to deal with. Never had a problem. Sorry your order was messed up, I hope it is a rare occasion for them.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:43 PM   #5
83burban

They have been a good company to deal with for me but I have had a problem with them. When I order with my credit card the order doesn't go through unless they have everything in stock and they sent no email telling me what was happening...so I thought that maybe I had messed up and placed another order (same stuff)...got billed for one and they were planning on billing me for the other. When I sent them an email I asked them to cancel both orders...from now on I will just save up for everything I need and drive there to get my stuff.

I will say that they have great customer service and they took care of my problem quickly and kindly.
83burban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:40 PM   #6
Fred T
Cantankerous Geezer

I haven't bought from them for the last 5 years because of an incident like yours. And this was buying through a local dealer. He was getting tired of their attitude: We'll ship it when we're dang good and ready!

After 2 months, I had calipers that had to be returned due to bad machining. And we had to wait another 3 weeks for the replacements.

There is no such thing as too much cam...just not enough engine.
Fred T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:10 PM   #7
68 short step

yea, its a REAL COMMON problem with them.....their customer service sucks too....all they care about is getting your money......they've ripped me off more then once, and ill never do buisness with them again...nor will i recomend them to anyone.....
look under the "bad deal section" and there's quite a bit of bad reveiws of them...
68 short step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:14 PM   #8
Bazooka
Keepin it old school

the guy on the tech line is very rude. I had one simple question and he didn't want to take the time to explain it to me. Seemed in a big hurry to get rid of me. Was very short with his answers. He seemed botherd by my call. I just said thanks and hung up because I was put off by his attitude. I'll be buying from another company..

Last edited by Bazooka; 07-28-2008 at 10:17 PM.
Bazooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:50 AM   #9
ChiefRocka
Hollister, CA.

What the Heck is that ??

CURRENT BUILDS:
62 BurbMaster

Other Builds:
My '63 C-10,LWB,CC,BBW
'06 HD StrAight Axle Swap

Father/Son '67 C-20, LQ9,4L80,Bagged,8-Lugger !!Good Friend Richard's Build

AMERICAN CUSTOMS & CLASSICS (831) 630-1965
www.ACCHOLLISTER.com
ACC on FACEBOOK
"Rest in Peace, Mom & Dad ... I will see you again someday!"
ChiefRocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:07 AM   #10
kdrodworks316
KOFFIN DRAGGER

They have nice products, Just crappy service. I bought my drop coils through classic parts and they are drop shipped, I got the rears with my order, and the fronts were ????? classic parts didnt know, cpp didnt know, UPS didnt know. Long story short, 2 1/2 months later, UPS stops by and looky there, they have my coils. And I agree, The ASS on the customer service line got a good verbal lashing from ol'KD. He was rude and also seemed bothered by my call, but by the end of the call he was nearly in tears, ( I can say some pretty hurtfull things if you attemp to steal $500 from me and never send my stuff or even try to fix the problem) Never again from Cpp!

New updated stuff at www.kdrodworks.com
My site still needs help, web guys and gals pm me.

the best guys in the whole world:
sweet70beast, jonzcustomshop, runninlow, captainfab, and the one I havent met yet, joe231
kdrodworks316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:42 AM   #11
Riveted1
Tasty Cakes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefRocka View Post
God that just cracks me up.

----------------
'66 Chevy SWB "Penny"
'67 Chevy Big Window SWB- aka "Pearl"
'72 Burb- "Betty" "It's not a hearse dammit"
'99 Chevy Ext. cab Silverado
Riveted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 03:31 PM   #12
111stony

I recently stopped by CPP during a family vacation to check out their big brake setup. Their counter service was a little slow, but their products were first rate. I gave them a large list of parts that I would stop by on Sat. (3 days later) to pick up. I showed up on Friday because of an vacation timing issue. They put the whole order together. The few parts they did not have, they said they would ship them to me, no charge. They stayed after closing to complete my order, then helped me load everything into my car.

When I got home, I noticed the zinc wash on one of the rotors had a blemish. They said they would send me another one and send a UPS call tag for the bad rotor. The rest of my order was shipped 6 days later. They emailed me the UPS tracking info as well.

This was my experence with CPP.
111stony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:14 AM   #13
kdrodworks316
KOFFIN DRAGGER

They got me again...I had to get a c-notch kit for they burban, because I am to lazy to rip one out on my plasmacam machine. I ordered it, paid for it and heard nothing for 3 weeks. I shot them an email and it was 2 days before I got a reply. They assured me that it would ship the next day. I finally got my parts, but 3 weeks? really? I could have cut it out, welded it all together, and shipped it anywhere in the country in 7 days. I love their products, they are top notch in my book, but I cant bear to even think about the nightmare when I order and track bar kit, shock mounts, and a crossmember kit. Do they just not care? what the hell is wrong with these people? Sorry to rant, but it really chaps my ass to support an outfit only to take the short end of the stick over and over. When a feller orders parts, he needs them asap, not in 3 weeks when we get to it and never contact the guy that spent a $1000 of his hard earned money so we can jerk him around and not update him on his order. It seems the bad deals out number the smooth ones to me, as this is not the only thread about CPP's customer service. Hey CPP, if you happen to read this thread, cutomer service means exactly that, service the people who support your business, an email or a phone call would go a long way in the event of a order problem or delay. Sorry to make everyone read my rant and listen to me vent, I hope if anyone buys from them that they have a better experiance than I have had. On a lighter note, they do have some NICE parts.

sweet70beast, jonzcustomshop, runninlow, captainfab, and the one I havent met yet, joe231
Old 09-18-2008, 09:16 PM   #14
huero
1969 Short, Fleet, and Beat

You guys have to understand that it takes time for the items to come in all the way from China.
huero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:51 PM   #15
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 02:11 AM   #16
kdrodworks316
KOFFIN DRAGGER

Quote:
Originally Posted by huero View Post
You guys have to understand that it takes time for the items to come in all the way from China.
He does have a point.

Old 09-21-2008, 04:36 PM   #17
RunninLo
3DrDwn--the 'burb not the band

Hey KD I heard they're the express when it comes to 1-ton squarebody drop spindles... give that a try to renew your faith
Josh

'89 GMC Dually crew build page coming soon.
88 4x4 crew DD

duallys past/present pics here:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...46#post4001246

89 1 ton Dually rear flip kit install here:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=354327
RunninLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 04:10 PM   #18
kizer
Its Deja Vu time again

Quote:
Originally Posted by huero View Post
Ouch.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:17 PM   #19
wildmanaaron

Their service stinks. They throw orders together knowing parts are wrong, etc.

I guarantee that if it weren't for the fact that they make items that other companies do not make, that they would be out of business.
wildmanaaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:22 PM   #20
ChopperDr

Well over a month for them to get my parts to me, still waiting. Bought a tank for the bed of my 66 in August. Was shipped a 67-72 kit with the wrong sending unit. Waited for them to send a return label. Waited and waited. They picked up the wrong sending (90 ohm) unit and a few days later a package arived from them. Sending unit, 90 ohm again. Never again.

They are pretty good at excuses and can lie right to you with ease. I don't think they need me as a customer. If I was local I might reconsider, but wouldn't trust them to ship anything. If I can't find another source for something and they are the only ones to offer it, I'll do without.

Guess I'm pissed? Yup.

Chops
ChopperDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:34 PM   #21
scregan

Just picked up a 51 5-window, so I ordered some catalogs from a few different vendors. Most came quickly, a few in less than a week.
The CPP catalog was charged to my credit card on October 19th. One of the few vendors that charge for a catalog, but I didn’t have a problem with the charge.
I called CPP earlier & they said I should have it in 3-4 weeks from the time I ordered it.
I called again today and they said they wait until they have orders for 600 catalogs & then place the order. That happened Nov 1. The guy on the line said the people that do the bulk mailing for them are slow in getting it done. If it takes this long to get a catalog (That I paid for) then what can I expect for parts when I need them?

They have convinced me that they are not on the top of my list to make purchases with.
scregan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:48 PM   #22
scotts62
One day...

with that kind of service to get 600 catalog requests you might be waiting a while..

93 crew cab build
Project 62
scotts62 is offline   Reply With Quote