The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-16-2009, 11:23 PM   #26
vectorit
What?

Re: Brothers gets my vote.......

Couldn't have said it better myself! I have spent a few thousand dollars at the Truck shop in Orange in the last year or so, since as you said - They have it in stock! I can look at it, and I can talk to someone there that has experience with it usually. Plus their store is like walking into some old shop, with plenty of cool stuff to look at while you wait for your # to be called out.

Brothers use to be a lot better than as of late, but for me it's typically a big let down. And it's not as if I am looking for something hard to find either...

Quote:
Originally Posted by leddzepp View Post
Dudes- I live right down the street from Brothers. It has been hit and miss for me for years with them. They are primarily a mail order company...they NEVER have anything in stock when I go there. They are basically a middle man that takes your order, and has your part drop shipped from the vendor. There is no Q/C on their part at all. I had very good luck there with a rear bumper...but that was in stock and I made sure it was perfect before I rolled out the door with it. Their A/C center vent "upgrade" kit is a joke. Thin 2-piece molded plastic that is not even fully formed, allowing for air to leak freely. I stood at the counter, and looked it over in front of the sales dude. I said to him, "are you serious?" "This is a total piece of crap!" He agreed with me! Solution: Go to home depot and get 2 rubber pipe caps for $3.

I do not buy a whole lot from them. I choose to drive to the Truck Shop in Orange. They have everything in stock ALWAYS. For the most part their Q/C is far and above that of Brothers, and their prices are usually less.

2 weeks ago, I went to Brothers to get a set of metal clips for my upper moulding. They want $45 for it. I went to Truck Shop, and their kit is IDENTICAL for $28. Truck Shop also sells the clips individually, Brothers won't do this. Truck Shop also threw in a few extra in case one broke (which is common)

One good thing I can say about Brothers....they do have the best show on the West Coast for our trucks! I go every year and it is awesome!
vectorit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:41 AM   #27
72lb4x4
Account Suspended

There are other board vendors, and:

I haven't ordered from carolinaclassictrucks.com yet, but I plan to. I sent an email (after hours) about an M&H wiring harness. They replied the next morning.

I replied. They replied with good info, pricing, when the parts should be in, and very reasonable shipping.

Their price is good, shipping good, etc., etc. I'll be ordering from them soon even if they aren't a sponsor here...

They're so nice, I'll point them in this direction.

Last edited by 72lb4x4; 04-17-2009 at 12:43 AM.
72lb4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:56 AM   #28
1971 GMC SHORTY

I ordered a battary tray and hei wireing harness and tach from brothers.. I drove there to make sure.. Guess what wrong tray non a/c is not what i wanted tach was cheep... Good thng i went. A lil gas saved me anger.. I bought all my 64 sb stuff from brothers 12 years ago and it was a lot better stuff quality control sucks there,, my 2 cents
1971 GMC SHORTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:09 AM   #29
garryk

Having been in a few industries where customer service can make you or break you I have learned a few things.... When there are twenty other guys out there that do exactly what you do, your customer service is about the only thing that separates you from the rest, good or bad.

I have always had very good experiences with Classic Parts of America. The parts are decent quality and the prices are very fair. But then I am close enough to drive there and visually inspect the parts.

I have had good luck with LMC as long as I know exactly what I am looking for. Their counter people are not truck guys and can't really help if you have a question. But the parts are decent and the prices are fair.

I know other people in my Truck Club have had real good luck with Jim Carter and Manes.

It sucks to save up for parts and then get crap or crappy service. Sorry you guys are having to deal with that.

1968 LWB C20
1969 Blazer
1972 Suburban
1989 Suburban (Beast)
garryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:45 PM   #30
Beatcoaster
69 Fleetside

My fiance' is the customer experience manager for Allstate here in the Seattle area and boy did she get a kick out of my story last night...
Beatcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:34 PM   #31
skullboydeath

Well I did my first order though Brothers about a month ago. I can't really complain. So I ordered about 500 bucks wroth of stuff. Week went bye hadnt heard from them or got a email. So i called they looked up my order and told me that ups should have sent me A tracking order via email and they was sorry about it. I had 3 items on back order and they sent what wasnt on backorder. I ended up with about 4 packages the last one arrived 2 weeks after my intial order which I dont think is bad considering the backorders. He also told me that they was having a big sale for the month so they was having alot of back orders. Funny someone mention door sills plates in another post and I had the same problem one came with screws the other didnt
skullboydeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:15 PM   #32
Beatcoaster
69 Fleetside

I did get sent the repo headlight switch - shocker...I have since called them to cancel the order and ordered the AC Delco switch I wanted in the first place. I still have not got my backordered tach conversion set - but apparently as of yesterday it was supposed to ship today...Per usual I have never recieved a tracking number and am just surprised by packages on my door...
Beatcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:46 AM   #33
SixtySix

Well, I was about to order from Brothers and thought I would do a quick check here. I am glad I did!!!

The Brothers catalog just hit the bottom of the trash can.

Thanks, guys!