The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-21-2014, 09:02 AM   #1
Barney 66
Account Suspended

Classic Dash

Has anyone ordered from Classic Dash out of Nevada? I am hesitant about using them based on their Terms for an account and their language in returns and damaged parts. Just seems like they are not willing to cover any damaged parts during shipping and other things. Thanks in advance!!!
Barney 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:27 AM   #2
1963c-10

Re: Classic Dash

Appears to be a nice product....I've never heard of them. I'd be hesitant to use them if they cannot guarantee that your parts will not arrive as purchased or replace if they are damaged. Just my two cents....
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=619024
1964 Short bed trailer
1963c-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:07 AM   #3
tincan1966

Most vendors will not cover shipping damages, since they have no control over the packages once they leave their facility. All they have to agree to is that the part left them undamaged and in new/unused condition. They will also most likely never cover any fault of the product due to incorrect installation, or alteration either.

Any damages occurring during shipping are the responsibility of the carrier not the vendor. That's a pretty standard practice and why they tell you to report any damages to the shipper, not the vendor.
tincan1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:16 AM   #4
63burban
Chevy addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tincan1966 View Post
Most vendors will not cover shipping damages, since they have no control over the packages once they leave their facility. All they have to agree to is that the part left them undamaged and in new/unused condition. They will also most likely never cover any fault of the product due to incorrect installation, or alteration either.

Any damages occurring during shipping are the responsibility of the carrier not the vendor. That's a pretty standard practice and why they tell you to report any damages to the shipper, not the vendor.

Ditto, the installation part is what they are worried about. Most electronic part installations are not guaranteed because of installation.
63burban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:07 AM   #5
Barney 66
Account Suspended

Yeah, they just seem a lil shady when it comes to ordering and what they will accept as far as damage! They say that if it shows up damaged taht it is the buyers responsibility to go thru the shipper to get resolved. Makes me wonder what the heck I am paying for. I'll make my own template and get it cut out here in san diego.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:28 PM   #6
PGSigns

Well its the shipper who has to cover damage while in there care and not the seller. That is why we buy insurance from the shipper on the shipment. When it come to electronic parts in general they have not been covered for installation issues for as long as I can remember. Been working on cars for more than 40 years. To me its a pretty standard policy. They have been around a while and have a pretty big investment in equipment so it looks to me to be a pretty straight up company.
Jimmy
Jimmy
1966 BBW long fleet Daily driver
1965 BBW short fleet Sold and going to a good home
1965 Suburban
2003 3500 Duramax
2005 Ultra Classic
PGSigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:30 PM   #7
Barney 66
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGSigns View Post
Well its the shipper who has to cover damage while in there care and not the seller. That is why we buy insurance from the shipper on the shipment. When it come to electronic parts in general they have not been covered for installation issues for as long as I can remember. Been working on cars for more than 40 years. To me its a pretty standard policy. They have been around a while and have a pretty big investment in equipment so it looks to me to be a pretty straight up company.
Jimmy
Jimmy
Until I hear from someone that has used them or gotten product from them I will steer away. Thanks for the input and I wonder who you order from that lets you insure your order on checkout?
Old 03-21-2014, 12:57 PM   #8
1963c-10

I'd do a check in the vendor review forum here and see if anything pops up. I understand a vendor cannot guarantee what a shipper does, but if I pay good money for a part, I should get what I've paid for. Install error in my opinion is all on the installer, but a vendor should be able to convince you that you'll get what you want and that it'll get to you as described. If a vendor were to sell me a high dollar part and then say....not my problem, I'd never do business with them again.

edit....I've only had one or two issues with vendors... both times I contacted them, they helped resolve the issues even though they were shipping related. I know the carrier holds the liability to get it from point a-b, but its nice to know the vendor stands behind you as a customer.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=619024
1964 Short bed trailer

Last edited by 1963c-10; 03-21-2014 at 02:10 PM.
1963c-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 01:20 PM   #9
tincan1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney 66 View Post
Until I hear from someone that has used them or gotten product from them I will steer away. Thanks for the input and I wonder who you order from that lets you insure your order on checkout?
Any order can be insured thru the shipping company(not the vendor) as long as you want to pay for it.

A lot of the times, that insurance is figured into the shipping costs, just not itemized as such.

Calling a vendor shady because they won't "guarantee" a products against damages that would occur from someone else is a bit unfair.

If you are in question, I would check out some of the big vendors, and look into their return policies- I doubt you will find many that will guarantee your money back on items broken in shipping without filing a claim with the shipping company.

Not real clear on what you are expecting, as far as a warranty and guarantee.
Old 03-21-2014, 01:26 PM   #10
tincan1966

Copied directly from the LMC website, since a lot of people like to buy here.
I think it's a good example of most business's policy on shipping.

Shipping/Damage Claims
Please open your package(s) and check the items and packing list as soon as received. Some small parts are occasionally packaged inside larger ones.

All parts are F.O.B., Lenexa, Kansas. DAMAGED SHIPMENTS ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CARRIER. Should your shipment appear to be damaged or opened when received, check the contents in the presence of the carrier's agent. Report any discrepancies and file a damage claim with the carrier at that time. •On Truck Freight Shipments: It is the customer's responsibility to ensure driver notes all damage on the freight bill BEFORE SIGNING FOR THE PACKAGE.
•On Concealed Damage (not noted when delivered) contact the carrier.
•Save all packing your order was received in.
• Claims for shortages or damaged parts (visible or concealed) must be made to the carrier within 15 days of receipt of parts or the claim(s) will not be honored.
Old 03-22-2014, 04:52 PM   #11
Rob Fisher

Here's what I did to the dash on my 64 GMC.
Cut up a damaged stock bezel to create the outer ring.
Cut a flat piece of 1/8" plexiglass to fit within the stock trimmed bezel.
Mounted a set of Dakota Digital VHX gauges designed to fit a 64 GTO.
Finished it off with a brushed stainless face and 4 machined rings.
Fits perfect,
Attached Images

Rob Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote