The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2021, 12:56 AM   #1
70chev383

1953 chevy 1100 gigis truck

Hello, this has been a long time coming, this was my great grandfathers 1 3/4 ton grain truck and then my grandfathers (gigi's) when he took over the farm. Gig eventually stopped farming and gave the truck to his brother in law the lived and farmed 1 mile away, he used it for a year and parked it beside a building. 20-30 years later Gig wanted to make a dumping trailer out of the frame and hoist, 4 or 5 year old Me would not let him do it, so he pushed it to the back of the yard and we aggred when i was older we would get it running and he would teach me how to drive. Another 20ish years pass by, Gig has been having a rough couple of years so this truck is going to be on the road so i can get the long overdue drive in the truck with him.
There is the quick backstory of the truck, my quick backstory, i am a redseal jounrney man tech for our local Ford dealer, the last couple years have been very busy for me, started a family fully renovated my house and built a decent sized shop which now alows me to build this truck.
Attached Images

Last edited by Rickysnickers; 12-05-2021 at 10:46 AM.
70chev383 is offline   Reply With Quote