The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The pre 1947 Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-09-2010, 10:19 PM   #1
Dan in Pasadena

Post Ads For Early GM Trucks & Parts >>Here<<

If you're waiting to get into the early trucks because you think they're hard to find or good deals on them are; look no more:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...593947135.html

Here's an ad for a '41 Chevy frame - same as '41 thru '46 for only $70!!! How can you beat this for a starting point?

I'm suggesting this ad thread be made a sticky. I hope others see the pictures of the nice early trucks and review these ads and get into the trucks with us early guys. GOOD SHOPPING!

Last edited by Dan in Pasadena; 02-09-2010 at 10:19 PM.
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:23 PM   #2
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Ads for Early Chevy Trucks & Parts

Oops, here's another one. A '37 Chevy cab and door for $500. I'm guessing you could probably get this cheaper in other parts of the country but in SoCa; where there is VERY little early tin in junkyards and little rural space where they are planted in the "lower 40 acres" prices are higher in general.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst...593352742.html
Old 02-11-2010, 12:04 AM   #3
Dan in Pasadena

Here's another. 1946 Chevy with a 350 for only $3k.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...595171453.html
Old 02-11-2010, 05:14 PM   #4
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
I'm suggesting this ad thread be made a sticky.
Only problem is, Craigslist ads are local ads. At least with eBay, a lot of people wouldn't be scared to chunk down some cash and send a transport truck long distance to pick it up. But, I don't know anyone who would send a wire transfer or even a down payment for a Craigslist truck.
Don't take it wrong. Thanks for posting the ads. But these are basically SoCal ads IMO.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Gandhi
63 & 64 Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:48 PM   #5
special-K
Special Order

Let`s see how it goes.Normally,that`s how I feel about Craigslist ads,too.But to have a 1/2 decent resource right hear is cool.It`s any finds and in their own place.It`s good to keep it seperate from the general talk,I think.What would make it even better would be if members listing local ads would be willing give assistance as a sort of agent,just for the sake of helping fellow members.That would be tight.If I show something local,that`s what I`m prepared to do.The other thing,and this may make me sound dumb but,do members have the edit feature back?I never saw discussion.Staffers always do.It seems I`ve noticed deletions by supporters.Anyway,if editing is possible,I`d like the original poster responsible for wiping out expired ads.Craiglist comes to mind,not sure about other stuff.
Bill let me know this was started and about his concern with expired ads.We`ll be talkibg and you all will now soon about sticking.I`m waiting for his reply.I want us to be able to enjoy working together on this great segment of the site.He PM`d me concerned about stepping on toes(because he missed that I had said something already),which is a great start.We are both excited about these gems as much as anyone else.That`s why we`re here.Let`s all keep a brotherly vibe here.These are the precious gems of GM here and we should all stick together to honor them.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 02-11-2010 at 09:09 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:19 AM   #6
special-K
Special Order

Well,me and Bill talked and we`re givin`er a whirl.Don`t anyone think Bill,for one minute,didn`t want to work with this idea.He showed his concerns and I agree.We`re a team and what I overlook I hope he`ll see,and visa-versa.You all and me and him are all one bunch of truck nuts and all should feel free to ad any input you have here.These era specific forums are a website within a website.Some are all over this website and others only go here or there.We were both asked to run this area because we love these things.We are one of you.We don`t want to have to play cop.We want to enjoy this stuff along with you all.It is what we make it.Let`s make it great.Keep communication open.That`s the main thing I ask.Let`s have us some fun!

ps: Let`s go easy on the Craigslist.there are so many other sources and I guess if anyone wanted they could use Craig`s Helpe to locate with.We just don`t want it to be a Craigslist thread...ok?Thanks

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 02-12-2010 at 09:06 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:12 PM   #7
jdmathes074

also a pretty good website for parts is chevsofthe40s.com. im looking at them for some of the parts for my 53.
jdmathes074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:22 PM   #8
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

Re: Post Ads For Early GM Trucks & Parts >>Here<<

46 basket case in OH
eBay, type in item number: 280478284456 in the search box.
auction ends: March 20th

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Gandhi
63 & 64 Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:38 AM   #9
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Post Ads For Early GM Trucks & Parts >>Here<<

Complete '36 Chevy with a 327 for $4500 obo. No affiliation.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv...644502437.html