The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-11-2011, 12:42 AM   #1
ya it is a classic

i hate fords!

so i work in a ford dealership. i pretty much do everything, mostly parts, mechanic, sales, service, wash cars. pretty much in 18 so i do all the b**ch work haha. its all good though cause i work with some amazing people. anyways we got a 89 f250 gas and a 90 diesel f250 pickups in and we needed to swap all the body parts over from the gas to the diesel so me and another mechanic got it most done so we just needed to swap the beds. so i was washing a pickup and the shop foreman was like chad grab this corner of the bed. so i came over and grabbed it and there was a pinch weld kind of digging into my hand but it wasnt cutting it so we were taking it off and a gas filler hose caught my index finger on my left hand and my finger sliced along the weld. so i yelled STOP PUT IT DOWN and in trying to get my hands out i cut the other seven fingers(not too bad but enough to bleed. so i got 8 bleeding fingers and three guys holding a bed up so i grabbed some rags and wrapped my hands in them and we took the bed off. so i was like wow im bleeding so i went to the sink and washed it off and one of the mechanics brought me some bandages so i sat down and was putting them on and joking with the mechanic about workmans comp. anyways i started feeling light headed and i was like wow its not that bad. so i stand up to get more bandages and as im walking out my vision goes black and im like colter i cant see! so we start over to the couch and next thing i remember is jake and colter looking down on me on the floor and there like dude u just passed out! and i was like ya right....hey im on the ground! so i sat on the couch for a few minutes and felt better so the boss looks at it and was like i want u to go to the hospital. so i went and my index finger on my left hand needed 4 stitches...workmans comp after all! only fords would have something stupid like pinch welds and gas filler necks! but ya it was so wierd to pass out like that. usually when i get a cut or whatever i just laugh and wrap it in a paper towel and electrical tape...or just leave it. so now i cant hardly do anything and it really sucks!
ya it is a classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:55 AM   #2
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

Re: i hate fords!

consider that your initiation into the world of wrenching.
wanna have some fun? take a 95 E150 with the 4.9 and unplug the injectors so you can do a pressure drop, without removing the upper plenum!!! then take a GM minivan and do the rear plugs. finish off the morning by doing a timing belt on a PT cruiser.
your hands will look like you stuck them in a garbage disposal.
Man rule #77...if you own a 67 stepside with a caddy 472 you will never be in danger of loosing you man card
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:47 AM   #3
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Maybe this is the wake up call you need to start using gloves where they're warranted.There's no sense in tearing up your hands when it can be avoided.I have woirked with lots of people who laugh because I use my gloves religiously.I just laugh back when their hands are too cut up to work efficiently.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:18 PM   #4
GmtGmt
Conversion Truck Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanelDeland View Post
Maybe this is the wake up call you need to start using gloves where they're warranted.There's no sense in tearing up your hands when it can be avoided.I have woirked with lots of people who laugh because I use my gloves religiously.I just laugh back when their hands are too cut up to work efficiently.
well i cant work with gloves no matter how hard i try

Quote:
Tonight mine pulled a few cars out of snowbanks, and is sitting in my driveway, icicles on the grille, wheels just white cakes of snow, buried up to the lug nuts in powder, straps and chains wrapped around the bumpers, the outline of the wipers clear in 4 inches of snow on the windshield... A tired warrior of the 1980s in a world of low profile tires, front wheel drive, and plastic bumpers, where people stay in their houses until snowplows move the offending substance from their paths, too helpless to travel without AAA and chains and salt, clearing their windows with longhandled brushes while gently stepping around in the snow trying to stay nice and dry.
GmtGmt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:18 PM   #5
leddzepp

Wear gloves or suffer cuts and blisters. Pretty cut and dry.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:12 PM   #6
dammitmitchell
the pollock

thats it? a cut finger jeesh hehehe

lifted a bed and my buddys got cockeyed and crushed me between the wall and bed.. thus smashing "my boys" with an 8ft bed..
that sucked...
got ball punched by a truck bed.. that sucked.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=343538
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=386042
dammitmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:21 PM   #7
fastwillie 696969
~Rest In Peace~

i hated the chemicals ,the old days when parts wash wasn't green water ,more like acid .to the point were your skin itched like crazy and would get that one Calais in the middle of your palm and finger tips

B___H please, I can remove 90% of your so called "beauty" with a kleenex
fastwillie 696969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:23 PM   #8
fastwillie 696969
~Rest In Peace~

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammitmitchell View Post
thats it? a cut finger jeesh hehehe

lifted a bed and my buddys got cockeyed and crushed me between the wall and bed.. thus smashing "my boys" with an 8ft bed..
that sucked...
got ball punched by a truck bed.. that sucked.
no what sucks is when you clean the wheel bearing and dry them off with compress air and spin them about 100,000 rpms and the bearing cage gives out and one bearing take a nad shot .

B___H please, I can remove 90% of your so called "beauty" with a kleenex
fastwillie 696969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:50 PM   #9
dammitmitchell
the pollock

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastwillie 696969 View Post
no what sucks is when you clean the wheel bearing and dry them off with compress air and spin them about 100,000 rpms and the bearing cage gives out and one bearing take a nad shot .
ohh man.. mine was the knuckle i remember it well.. got me right on the bony part hahaa..

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=343538
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=386042
dammitmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:22 PM   #10
Restrorob
The One And Only !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastwillie 696969 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dammitmitchell View Post
mine was the knuckle i remember it well.. got me right on the bony part hahaa..

Both of you are damn lucky it didn't take your eye out like I witnessed years ago. After that I've fired three guys on the spot for doing it, It was for their own safety and others around them......
88 TA-GTA in the works....
97 GMC Ext. Cab
502 Crate 5 Spd......Sucks Gas But Haulz Azz !

The primary function of an Engineer is to make it difficult for the Fabricator and impossible for the Mechanic.

"Why go out preserved when you can go out beat up, worn out, sliding in sideways screaming, Holy Sh!t What A Ride" !!!
Restrorob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:05 AM   #11
ya it is a classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68C15 View Post
consider that your initiation into the world of wrenching.
wanna have some fun? take a 95 E150 with the 4.9 and unplug the injectors so you can do a pressure drop, without removing the upper plenum!!! then take a GM minivan and do the rear plugs. finish off the morning by doing a timing belt on a PT cruiser.
your hands will look like you stuck them in a garbage disposal.
well i cant top that. all i did today was washed 5 vehicles, hooked up a bunch of stuff on the diesel motor. soldered a rad drain plug. sold 9 parts, drug home a 66 mercedes, and moved my 55 chevy cause i can only have three at the house. but we had to move the bed off the other pickup and put it on the one we took off the other day when i cut my finger. the other day nobody had gloves on but today everyone either had big leather gloves or a bundle of rags on their hands. (i supervised!) i thought it was pretty funny. but ya nobody uses safety glasses or ear plugs there. and i use some every time i do anything and i always get crap for it but im just like "hey it just takes a second to put it on" but ya i hate to use gloves! ill cut my hands up all day(unless its something really bad) rather then use gloves...one day ill learn
ya it is a classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:14 AM   #12
special-K
Special Order

I can't work with gloves on,but I can lift and carry all day long with them.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 04:12 PM   #13
thirdstreettito
Resident of Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmtGmt View Post
well i cant work with gloves no matter how hard i try
I agree. The only time I use gloves is if I'm working with poop or some extremely harsh chemicals. I learned at an early age to make my hands callused. I hate wearing gloves, even the medical type of gloves, I cant feel anything, Im sort of old school, I do a lot by touch, not by what the manual says if you know what I mean. I have been wrenching my entire life. I have never sliced anything open(other people have sliced me open though), maybe I'm just lucky. Any type of work I do, razor blades, sheet metal, nails, screws, etc. I've tried to wear gloves, it's close to impossible for me to do.

There's my $.02

Miss having a truck
thirdstreettito is offline   Reply With Quote