The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1988-1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-06-2008, 10:24 PM   #1
StingRay

WTB tire winch

I am looking for a really clean, with good cable and in good working condition tire winch for my 92 RCLB truck. Anybody got one for sale? Email or PM me if you do.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:26 PM   #2
lvschevytrucks
Unfinished Project Club

Re: WTB tire winch

if your talking about the spare tire winch, I have one on my 89 Im not sure if its the same or if it will work for you if it is 20.00 shipped

Last edited by lvschevytrucks; 12-07-2008 at 11:03 PM.
lvschevytrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 07:08 PM   #3
WIDESIDE72

I've got one from a 94 model. Do you need all pcs including mount? If so, $20 + shipping
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:56 AM   #4
StingRay

I'm not sure what all of the pieces are. My truck has no winch at all so I want to add it. I guess I'd have to say I need all of the pieces. As I recall they winch mounts inside of the rear cross member and is bolted through. I would need the winch and any hardware to facilitate the mounting and use. I have all of the jack and wheel wrenches and I believe they are used to crank it up and down. Is that correct? Either of you guys got any pics?
Old 12-08-2008, 12:57 PM   #5
lvschevytrucks
Unfinished Project Club

Thumbs up Re: WTB tire winch

Name:  000_0253.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  41.8 KB

Name:  000_0256_edited.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  39.1 KB

Name:  000_0253_edited.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  38.8 KB
is this what you need, cable is clean and rust free, outside housing is durty but im sure would clean up nice When I quoted the 20.00 price shipped, I didnt know you were in Canada. Im sorry but Ill have to change it to $25.00 shipped if you want it. Sorry
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
I'm not sure what all of the pieces are. My truck has no winch at all so I want to add it. I guess I'd have to say I need all of the pieces. As I recall they winch mounts inside of the rear cross member and is bolted through. I would need the winch and any hardware to facilitate the mounting and use. I have all of the jack and wheel wrenches and I believe they are used to crank it up and down. Is that correct? Either of you guys got any pics?

Last edited by lvschevytrucks; 12-08-2008 at 10:47 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:41 PM   #6
WIDESIDE72

. Do you need only the winch or the cross brace as well? $30 shipped for winch and brace for mine Paypal to steveshow1@hotmail.com
Attached Images

Old 12-08-2008, 07:42 PM   #7
WIDESIDE72

PS mine's prettier HAHA removed from Central Texas truck, never seen snow or SALT
Old 12-09-2008, 12:49 AM   #8
StingRay

LVS thanks but I'll pass on yours. Wideside I agree yours is what I was hoping to find. Wideside does the cable on that look as good up close as it is in the pic? I do need the little cross member but I think it might not be worth the shipping. Actually check what it would cost to send just the winch. I can find a usable cross member up here and clean it up with the sand blaster so really the winch is the critical part. If you feel up to it go ahead and price out shipping on the little cross member but don't kill yourself to get it done. Let me know what you find for actual shipping because in the end it has to be worth your while and I don't think 30 will actually make it that way for you.

Ray
Old 12-09-2008, 01:56 AM   #9
WIDESIDE72

It is as nice as it looks. It runs in and out smooth and everything. In my part of Texas, we never get the extreme weather like you guys up North do. I will check on shipping just the winch.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:48 AM   #10
StingRay

Oh ya I'd really like to have it come up USPS as UPS is a lousey deal for us Canadians. Price the shipping USPS if at all possible. Thanks
Old 12-09-2008, 03:45 PM   #11
lvschevytrucks
Unfinished Project Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
LVS thanks but I'll pass on yours. Wideside I agree yours is what I was hoping to find. Wideside does the cable on that look as good up close as it is in the pic? I do need the little cross member but I think it might not be worth the shipping. Actually check what it would cost to send just the winch. I can find a usable cross member up here and clean it up with the sand blaster so really the winch is the critical part. If you feel up to it go ahead and price out shipping on the little cross member but don't kill yourself to get it done. Let me know what you find for actual shipping because in the end it has to be worth your while and I don't think 30 will actually make it that way for you.

Ray
not a problem I would take his too. but he didnt need to be rude....Snow and salt in South Carolina, I havent see it yet just comes off an older truck

Last edited by lvschevytrucks; 12-09-2008 at 03:46 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:30 PM   #12
WIDESIDE72

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvschevytrucks View Post
not a problem I would take his too. but he didnt need to be rude....Snow and salt in South Carolina, I havent see it yet just comes off an older truck
Didn't mean to be rude or snipe you. (HAHA after a post usually means in jest, BTW.) I never said yours saw snow or salt. I said mine never saw snow or salt.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:15 PM   #13
Stitch
Account Suspended

lvschevytrucks, what would the price on yours be for pickup...I'm in Sumter, right around the corner and I'd like to mock one of these on my 84...you can pm because I don't come in this section often...thanks...

Chuck.
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:54 AM   #14
lvschevytrucks
Unfinished Project Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIDESIDE72 View Post
Didn't mean to be rude or snipe you. (HAHA after a post usually means in jest, BTW.) I never said yours saw snow or salt. I said mine never saw snow or salt.
Im sorry about the comment Wideside I was having a bad day and your comment just hit me wrong at the wrong time. I had just gotten home to find one of my Labs in the road, He'd been hit but someone. Sorry
Old 12-11-2008, 01:08 PM   #15
WIDESIDE72

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvschevytrucks View Post
Im sorry about the comment Wideside I was having a bad day and your comment just hit me wrong at the wrong time. I had just gotten home to find one of my Labs in the road, He'd been hit but someone. Sorry
No need for apology. I can see why you might take it wrong. Sorry to hear about your dog. Is he OK, or was it bad?
Old 12-11-2008, 03:31 PM   #16
lvschevytrucks
Unfinished Project Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIDESIDE72 View Post
No need for apology. I can see why you might take it wrong. Sorry to hear about your dog. Is he OK, or was it bad?
it was really bad, only good thing is he was getting really old (Had him 16 yrs) so his ol joint hurt him alot. I miss him
Old 12-11-2008, 08:36 PM   #17
WIDESIDE72

Dang, that sucks about your old dog. I now how it is to get attached. I have a 12 y.o. Arkansas Giant bulldog named "Bubba. His hearing is going, but he still thinks he is a pup. He runs around all frisky when the weather cools. He used to jump in the back of the pickup anytime I dropped the tailgate. Now I have to help him in. I guess we all have our time. Sorry it had to be like that for your dog.