The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Product Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-09-2013, 01:03 AM   #101
RPIcka

Re: GMC paul door seals are great!

Anyone mind ordering a set of these and shipping them up to Canada for me? Us Canadians need the good stuff too.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:14 PM   #102
greystoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCPaul View Post
The problem is the cab was repaired incorrectly as the gap between rocker & floor edge should be 7/16"-1/2"
So your floor is either protruding 3/16'-1/4" or the rocker top edge is pulled in that far. You might try crimping the top edge of the rocker lip slightly to gain any additional clearance needed to install them.
Paul ( owner ) @ GMCPauls
Hey Paul, I wanted to touch base again. We trimmed that lip and put those seals on. They are awesome. I also took a closer look at the rocker and would agree with you that someone did a bad repair. It's like the Mona Lisa..looks ok from a distance but..well you know. I couldn't convince my mule headed 80yr old dad that the rocker at least on that side had been replaced.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=305629
greystoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:33 PM   #103
solidaxel

What is the part number for my 78 Silverado door glass ( L & R) rubber/felt not including the vent side just the door window pieces.
I have looked at your site and it is a bit busy for a old man!
It would be nice to look at some pictures to make my decisions.
Thanks
53 TuTone Extended Cab 350 4-Spd 3:08 (SOLD)
53 Chevy Moldy pearl green ZZ-4 4L60E 9" 3:25
55 GMC 1st Black Mll (ZZ4) ZZ6 TKO 600 5 sp 3:73
62 Solidaxle Corvette Roman Red (327
340hp 4spd 3:36) C4 & C5 suspension tube chassis
LS 3 4L70E
65 Corvette Coupe 327 350hp 4spd 4:11
78 Black Silverado SWB (350/350) 5.3 & 4L60E 3:42
2000 S-Type 3.0 (wife cruiser)
2003 GMC SCSB 5.3 4L60E 3:42
solidaxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 05:36 PM   #104
Blazerowner

I just installed the push on door seal on my passenger side and Ill have to say while they are nice and go on easy it is substantially harder to close the door. I cut the V shape in it and it didn't make a difference. It seems the door begins to grab the seal up front when closing it. I have to slam it to get it to close all the way. Hopefully they loosen up a little over time.
Blazerowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:37 PM   #105
Blazerowner

Got a response from GMC Paul's with some possible issues. I'll try to fix it as I think it's my door adjustment.
Blazerowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 05:42 PM   #106
FL71C10

How long do they take to break in if the doors are real hard to close after installing?
Old 07-25-2014, 10:09 PM   #107
GMCGrim

I have the same thing happening to my truck. The drivers door closes fine meanwhile the passenger side I have to slam. The door adjustment is not an option but I read somewhere that letting the truck sit in the hot sun for a period of time seems to relax the rubber. Now after repeated time in our 90+ degree summer heat I don't have to slam it as hard. So I would imagine over time the new rubber will give.
GMCGrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 07:08 AM   #108
Holliday

I have had these on my truck for over a year and it has set in over 100 degree temperatures on occasion. I still have to slam my doors! I have realigned them 100 times and I just finally took them off. I forgot how nice it is to shut the door and it close without slamming it! I'm currently looking for a new solution.....

Quick update... I took a large hammer and a crescent wrench and moved the door seal lip inwards and got the doors to shut without slamming them. Glad i didn't go back to those stupid glue on ones!
Porterbuilt, Accuair suspension

Last edited by Holliday; 02-16-2015 at 12:04 AM.
Holliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 12:41 AM   #109
Layne

What do you use to get the old glue off the doors?
Layne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 07:02 AM   #110
GMCPaul

We now have a NEW Push-On door weatherstrip that has been refined to deal with the 10-15% of the trucks that the owners had to slam their doors when using new glue on or push on door seals. These seals are made specifically for all 67-72 Trucks. They use a softer compound to eliminate the hard closure of the door while still retaining the resiliency of the original seals so that they seal correctly. These have had the mitered corners added to them so that the seal itself better resembles the original OEM glue on seal.
We have also added a 60-66 Push-On seal designed specifically for the 60-66 trucks these also use a softer compound and have the OEM style mitered corners. You can find both of these seals available for immediate shipping in our Rubber & Weatherstrip pages under the appropriate year group.
Paul @ GMCPauls
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 10:12 AM   #111
Layne

Do you have a stock # ?
I have the old style, and would love to try the new ones.
Old 01-06-2016, 12:58 PM   #112
GMCPaul

Wink Re: GMC paul door seals are great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne View Post
Do you have a stock # 17879061
I have the old style, and would love to try the new ones.
I pasted the answer in your question.
Old 01-10-2016, 07:28 PM   #113
DoobieBrother

We had the old version that I bought a month ago and experience the problem. Today I just installed the new version on our `68. It's slightly better, but we still have the same problem. I was looking at it, and it's all about the front leading edge. Most of the door pushes flat up against the seals. All that is fine. The front edge (from bottom of window down), though, catches them from the side and pushed forward rather than smashing against the seal. The problem is all in that area. I'm considering cutting them a bit to allow them to just fold, but it's for sure still not right.

Truck has never been in any wreck or had the doors moved or off. Getting kind of tired of trying to make new seals work on this thing.
DoobieBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 07:29 AM   #114
GMCPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoobieBrother View Post
The front edge (from bottom of window down), though, catches them from the side and pushed forward rather than smashing against the seal. The problem is all in that area.
Try taking seal back off and checking the gap on the inside all the way around the door with the door closed using various sized drill bits to see how wide the gap is at it sounds as though you have that gap to tight in that location. You could also wipe the seal with armor all to allow slip past the seal rather than the door catching on it.
My son has suggested that with the upper door hinges having the door stop check on them only that when ever the door has been allowed to swing forward in the past that every time the door check stops the door at it's maximum allowed travel the doors momentum and weight slowly over type distorts the front door jamb area and flange so that slowly over time the flange it's self begin bending outward as the center section of the pillar slowly tries to twist in this area. So while the seal is off I'd also check the flange you are attaching it to and make sure it's straight and not angled outward if so a small bending of the flange can make a remarkable difference in that area. Finally 8iyou only used your hand to push these on instead use a hammer to knock them into position as if the seal not fully seated on the flange it will cause a problem with the seal protruding to far into the door opening.
Paul @ GMCPauls
Old 01-11-2016, 11:49 AM   #115
DoobieBrother

Thanks Paul. I will go over these things and see what can be found. Hopefully it will improve things.
DoobieBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 11:04 PM   #116
Cash3481
Loves all GMC trucks

I ordered and put these on a truck today. It's gonna be on the road Monday so I can give some additional feedback then but first...
1. The newest seal GMC Pauls is selling, I bought.
2. Door closes well. Still takes some effort but they have only been on 1 day. Much easier than the previous set I bought elsewhere.
3. Length was perfect I didn't have to cut anything off it.
4. The GMC Paul's seals (bulbous seal part) actually "feels" different than the soft seal ones you an get at at autozone. (That's because the soft seal ones are too big that autozone sells and so you have to slam your doors)
5. Lastly...I'm already happy with the effort to close the doors, the look, fit and feel of these new seals. I will be ordering another set for another truck!

Great product... Just my 2 cents!

Mike

Last edited by Cash3481; 01-15-2016 at 10:52 AM.
Cash3481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 10:12 AM   #117
Layne

Awesome! Mine came in yesterday. Will put on this weekend.
Old 01-18-2016, 11:51 AM   #118
GMCPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash3481 View Post
I ordered and put these on a truck today. It's gonna be on the road Monday so I can give some additional feedback then but first...
1. The newest seal GMC Pauls is selling, I bought.
2. Door closes well. Still takes some effort but they have only been on 1 day. Much easier than the previous set I bought elsewhere.
Wipe this down with Armor All or similar product, this will remove the release compound used in making these which actually causes the seal to catch onto the surrounding metal when not removed resulting in slightly more pressure needed to close.
Paul @ GMCPauls
Old 02-27-2016, 02:01 PM   #119
mark.kelley

do any of you guys have a phone number for GMC Paul's? I have some of the door seals ordered and they are on backorder, I can't get anyone to give me a ship date through email and can't find a working number. Thanks in advance. mark
mark.kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 04:39 AM   #120
GMCPaul

All back orders have been shipped and these are in stock again. Thanks! Paul Jr. @ GMCPauls
Old 03-18-2016, 08:01 AM   #121
BugzC10

Quote:
All back orders have been shipped and these are in stock again. Thanks! Paul Jr. @ GMCPauls
I have your seals I bought and installed a 2-3 years ago. What improvements did you do to your new version? I see that they have Mitered corners at the wing, were there any other inpovements. Mine currently have attendancey to pull away in the upper corner above the door latch.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:58 AM   #122
GMCPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugzC10 View Post
I have your seals I bought and installed a 2-3 years ago. What improvements did you do to your new version? I see that they have Mitered corners at the wing, were there any other inpovements. Mine currently have attendancey to pull away in the upper corner above the door latch.
Redesigned from the ground up for the 67-72 truck specifically. Which include mitered corner for improved look, bulbous seal profile redesigned and a softer compound used for it's construction for easier door closure, slightly taller base so inside lip covers same area as originals did.
Where yours are pulling loose there must either be a bind, damaged door lip they attach to or damaged gripper on the seal in that area. Pull on it to remove that section and look at wide & straight the lip is that attaches in that area and check the rubber grips inside the seal lip for damage. If both appear good try wiping that section with Armor All or similar and see what happens. If it's improved then look to see if the door latch on door or striker area on door are deformed to find what's causing the bind in that area.
Paul Jr. @ GMCPauls
Old 03-18-2016, 12:38 PM   #123
BugzC10

Quote:
Redesigned from the ground up for the 67-72 truck specifically. Which include mitered corner for improved look, bulbous seal profile redesigned and a softer compound used for it's construction for easier door closure, slightly taller base so inside lip covers same area as originals did.
Where yours are pulling loose there must either be a bind, damaged door lip they attach to or damaged gripper on the seal in that area. Pull on it to remove that section and look at wide & straight the lip is that attaches in that area and check the rubber grips inside the seal lip for damage. If both appear good try wiping that section with Armor All or similar and see what happens. If it's improved then look to see if the door latch on door or striker area on door are deformed to find what's causing the bind in that area.
Paul Jr. @ GMCPauls
Thanks for your response. It's my drivers side that is affected mostly and I believe my door fit or lack of proper adjustment is causing the issue. When I adjust the door I will upgrade to your latest seal.
Old 03-18-2016, 12:44 PM   #124
GMCPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugzC10 View Post
Thanks for your response. It's my drivers side that is affected mostly and I believe my door fit or lack of proper adjustment is causing the issue. When I adjust the door I will upgrade to your latest seal.
Look for play in the door hinge pins and replace bushings & pins if worn before you try to adjust anything. They'll cause a bind at the latch area when worn.
Paul Jr @ GMCPauls
Old 03-18-2016, 02:09 PM   #125
BugzC10

Quote:
Look for play in the door hinge pins and replace bushings & pins if worn before you try to adjust anything. They'll cause a bind at the latch area when worn.
Paul Jr @ GMCPauls
When I refurbished my doors I rebuild the hinges, replacing the bushings and pins. I just didn't dial in the door alignment completely. I have it on the top of my all encompassing to-do list.