The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > Trucks For Sale

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-30-2023, 09:32 PM   #1
dansweekendtruck

1972 gmc 1500

For sale is a 1972 GMC 1500 half-ton, two-wheel-drive pickup truck that has been in indoor storage for the last two years. I am the second owner of this truck, which was first owned by my mother-in-law.

This truck is ready to be a driver with a little work, or to be fully restored. See the running video and a lot more photos at: https://flic.kr/ps/42F4be

Feature notes:
• Service parts identification sticker (see photo) lists Hydro Brake Booster, Turbo Hydra-Matic, Full Foam Seat, White / Medium Olive, Rear Suspension—Leaf Spring, 350 CID V-8 Engine, Power Steering, Amp-Oil-Temp Gauge, Black Vinyl Trim. Just a basic truck, but a good one.
• The odometer reads 42K and change, as shown in the photos. I’m told this corresponds to an engine replacement to run unleaded gas. This happened before I got the truck, and I’m told the chassis has as much as twice as many miles as the replacement engine.
• Other upgrades prior to my ownership: front disc brakes, and an auxiliary gas tank. The aux gas tank had a broken switch when I got the truck, and I’ve never fixed it or used it.

Life experience notes:
• There is rust damage to lower front quarters, lower door shells, lower door frames, and bed, all in the photos.
• The truck has been hit twice during my ownership, both when parked. The first required body work on fleet sides and tailgate, the second gifted the bent bumper that is shown in the photos. Neither incident caused more than superficial damage to the cab.
• The tailgate is not original and is bent. Don’t let someone put a sod cutter in your truck unless you’re there to supervise.
• All other parts, including all body panels, are original to my knowledge, and the interior paint is original. The exterior was repainted medium olive green with no white cap prior to my ownership.
• It did run well, drive well, and stop well prior to storage, but the startup for the video revealed a slow drip in the fuel line just below the tank. You should plan to trailer or flatbed this truck.
• Sale includes a replacement dash pad and a clean WA title.

This truck brought me to this forum, which I’ve enjoyed a lot over the years, though I’ve not had the time I hoped for to work on the truck and ask a lot of questions. I did get a lot of good ideas from your builds.

Hagerty value for this truck in fair condition is $8100. I’m asking $6500, and open to offers. Please reply in the thread if you’re interested or have questions--I'll also be posting the truck for local sale in the Seattle area. Thanks!
Attached Images

Last edited by dansweekendtruck; 01-01-2024 at 06:39 PM.
dansweekendtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 12:40 PM   #2
dansweekendtruck

Re: 1972 gmc 1500

Price adjusted. Glad to talk if you have questions!
Old 01-01-2024, 06:40 PM   #3
dansweekendtruck

Happy new year! Price re-adjusted, open to offers as well.
Old 01-01-2024, 10:36 PM   #4
68bowtie

Nice looking truck.

Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh)
68bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 12:28 AM   #5
Chevyland

Pm sent
Chevyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 11:11 PM   #6
dansweekendtruck

Sold, thanks everyone!