The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2016, 04:16 PM   #11
Run Away

Re: Run Away's '69 C10 LWB Project Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by t300 View Post
Yikes thats a lot of repair there! Did you price out the body parts @ Walker in Winnipeg? I was going to order inner fenders from the US / to the border and Walker's price was better and they have them in stock as well. Tri-Plus brand I believe.
I priced out the parts I needed locally from Keystone/LKQ/Pro body. Decent pricing, but they were out of stock on the full floor pans. I called to see when they'd be back in stock and was told there was no ETA, so probably 2-3 months. I wasn't willing to wait that long.

I also phoned and email'd Bill's Truck Shop in Ontario, they had the floor in stock but didn't reply to my email for a total, even though they were expecting it (sent the email about an hour after talking on the phone). Maybe it never got delivered, who knows.

I wanted a few things (like the Precision weather strip) that GMC Paul's offered, and price-wise they were very good too so I just bought it all from them. Decent communication so far, my only gripes are they charged me $450 USD for shipping..hoping they will refund some of that when the actual shipping costs are figured out. It's truck freight but all the sheetmetal is going on one shipment so I would think it would be cheaper than that. They also email'd me and said their last 69-90 firewall had damage, I opted to put the order on hold until a good one comes in. That should be the 20th.
Run Away is offline   Reply With Quote