The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-30-2008, 04:37 PM   #1
white_paper_180

Angry Ls1 Swap

Okay, i bought a 2001 ls1 out of a camaro, my plans being to swap it into a 1972 chevy c10. I bought CPP perch engine mounts, and the adapter plates to swith the engine mount style over. I just finally got around to tes fitting the engine and now im having major clerance problems with the oil pan touching the front crossmember. I also had to take my stock exhaust manifolds off to get it close to fitting. im a little pissed for two reasons, one - i wanted to use my stock manifolds 2 - it doesnt f'n fit!!. I just spent 2 hours trying to find a solution on here, but i cant find anything. These are my thoughts, let me know what you think. Drill new holes and mount the perch mounts about 1.5"s back, or notch the crossmember. or spend a bunck of money and get new mounts. How did you guys get your engine to fit????
white_paper_180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:50 PM   #2
Ackattack

Re: Ls1 Swap

I used some tubular engine stand from some place along with stock 73+ motor mounts. I then made some adapter plates to mount the motor mounts to the engine. Dropped right in and no clearance issues with the oil pan.

I'm using some Camaro/Trans Am headers and didn't have an issue with them either, so I can't say what to do with your manifolds.
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 06:20 PM   #3
white_paper_180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackattack View Post
I used some tubular engine stand from some place along with stock 73+ motor mounts. I then made some adapter plates to mount the motor mounts to the engine. Dropped right in and no clearance issues with the oil pan.

I'm using some Camaro/Trans Am headers and didn't have an issue with them either, so I can't say what to do with your manifolds.
Do you have any pictures you could send me? are you using the same engine as me?
Old 11-30-2008, 09:26 PM   #4
STOCKISH
Formerly- 1972SuperCheyenne

Cadillac CTS-V oil pan and pick-up tube.
STOCKISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 10:58 PM   #5
white_paper_180

Update, i drilled two holes in the crossmember, roughly 1.5 inchs back, and presto, it fit perfect. I messured against the firewall aswell and it should look awesome. thanks for the input everyone.. i took some pictures, i'll put them up here