The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-10-2020, 08:48 PM   #1
Jeffh

'60 Exhaust

Since my carburetor has me stymied right now I spent the afternoon working on coming up with an exhaust system. Don't have the $$ right now to take it somewhere and have a custom exhaust put on so I grabbed a few prebent elbows from Oreillys and fired up my ancient Lincoln wire welder. This has the swept back rams horns from the '67 283 I put in it. Dodged the starter, oil filter cannister, torsion bars, squeezed through the center hump in the crossmember, dodged back out to go between the front of the trailing arms and the center of the x frame. Had to dig through my parts stash to come up with a usable heat riser. I believe the hard part is done now...
Attached Images

Jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 10:36 PM   #2
AcampoDave

Re: '60 Exhaust

Way to go. I built my own exhaust too using a Summit DIY kit and I now get why the pros charge a premium. I'm such a poor welder that I had to fill the pipes up with water and mark the leaks with a wax marker and keep repeating it 'till I got 'em all. I do like it though and I'm proud to say that I did it all by myself. All the way out the back even.
AcampoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 11:17 AM   #3
slepysal

Re: '60 Exhaust

Nice job looks good too!

"Over, Around or through it... "
slepysal is offline   Reply With Quote