The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-06-2014, 04:12 PM   #1
zacthrasher

What motor mounts should I use?

I have a LQ4 6.0 that I am about to transplant in to a 67 C10 and I have searched and am probably missing my answer in one of the many threads. What are the best motor mounts to use? Also are there any that I can use the stock exhaust manifolds and not have to modify the frame to make them fit. Last qualification is I would like to not have to changed the oil pan and would like it to fit under the stock hood. The motor does have a truck intake. Thanks in advance!
Old 10-07-2014, 08:35 AM   #2
Clyde65
1965 Chevy C10, 2005 4.8L/4l60

Re: What motor mounts should I use?

are you going to run AC?

I would suggest the high mount AC Bracket.

Use POL Perches ( they set the motor up and back slightly)
then Dirty Dingo plate/mounts for adjustability.
Stock exhaust manifolds wont work, get you some long tube Doug Thorley headers or TBSS stock manifolds will work.

Install the CTS-v or Hot Rod oil pan for clearance.

Keep the truck intake and accesories, you can change later after you get it running and bugs worked out.

Throw a cam in it now, you dont want to pull it back out later for that, also springs and keepers too!

Good luck!

Rebuild of Clyde
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post8338184

69 Aristocrat Lo Liner build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post7561684

support our troops!
Clyde65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 05:06 PM   #3
ericjon262

you mention oil pan clearance, ground clearance or frame? will an A/C compressor fit at all or does it need a serious frame pounding?

My trucks don't leak oil, they mark their territory.
ericjon262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:35 PM   #4
crazy longhorn
Fabricate till you "puke"

On the oil pan, it would be ground clearance issues , with the truck pan. I used the GMPP hotrod pan , on my swap (cheap, the kit was around $150), complete with gasket, tray, pickup tube , dip stick& hardware. I cant help on the AC....longhorn
69 longhorn,4" chop,3/5 drop, 1/2 ton suspension/disc brakes,1 1/2" body drop,steel tilt clip, 5.3/Edelbrock rpm intake/600 carb, Hooker streetrod shorties,2 1/2" exhaust/ H pipe/50's Flows , 6 spd Richmond trans,12 bolt/ 3.40 gears....
crazy longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:03 PM   #5
ericjon262

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy longhorn View Post
On the oil pan, it would be ground clearance issues , with the truck pan. I used the GMPP hotrod pan , on my swap (cheap, the kit was around $150), complete with gasket, tray, pickup tube , dip stick& hardware. I cant help on the AC....longhorn
cool, I have a 3/4 ton, and am not planning on lowering the truck, so that shouldn't be an issue. are there any adapter plates that put the engine in the same spot relative to the bellhousing flange?

Old 10-09-2014, 11:16 PM   #6
crazy longhorn
Fabricate till you "puke"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericjon262 View Post
cool, I have a 3/4 ton, and am not planning on lowering the truck, so that shouldn't be an issue. are there any adapter plates that put the engine in the same spot relative to the bellhousing flange?
On your 3/4 ton truck, no issues (stock height on the pan). I build to fit on my swaps, but will say that most of the guys like the Dingo sliders? They will give you that movement that you need, for/aft, & not a bad deal, for bolt in? Many guys do not have a 200 amp Mig, in they're garage....I do After almost 40 yrs playing, I build what I want...(no brag, just fact)? For the younger guys/or the ones don't have the tools that I have to play....look at the slider mounts Longhorn
69 longhorn,4" chop,3/5 drop, 1/2 ton suspension/disc brakes,1 1/2" body drop,steel tilt clip, 5.3/Edelbrock rpm intake/600 carb, Hooker streetrod shorties,2 1/2" exhaust/ H pipe/50's Flows , 6 spd Richmond trans,12 bolt/ 3.40 gears....
crazy longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:18 AM   #7
zacthrasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde65 View Post
are you going to run AC?

I would suggest the high mount AC Bracket.

Use POL Perches ( they set the motor up and back slightly)
then Dirty Dingo plate/mounts for adjustability.
Stock exhaust manifolds wont work, get you some long tube Doug Thorley headers or TBSS stock manifolds will work.

Install the CTS-v or Hot Rod oil pan for clearance.

Keep the truck intake and accesories, you can change later after you get it running and bugs worked out.

Throw a cam in it now, you dont want to pull it back out later for that, also springs and keepers too!

Good luck!
With that said what are TBSS manifolds? Also are you talking clearance from the cross member or ground on the oil pan? Last question how are the CPP perches?

Thanks for the help!!!
Old 10-10-2014, 08:20 AM   #8
Clyde65
1965 Chevy C10, 2005 4.8L/4l60

TBSS manifolds are from Trail Blazer SS's, they hug the block better than any stock manifold on the LSx motors. This would be the cheapest way to go. Doug Thorely has great products but those are pricey.

I bought the CPP perches and they ONLY fit on the front holes of the frame, not ideal for me at all. Pushes the motor forward a couple inches which also push the trans up the same and minimizes radiator to fan space.

Since you have a 3/4 ton, this would not be useful to you but good to know. The CTS-v or Hot Rod oil pan would be flush with the cross member, or very close. stock truck pan will hang about 1-3/4 inches or so below. If ground clearance is a concern, go with the CTS-v or Hot Rod oil pan.

Rebuild of Clyde
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post8338184

69 Aristocrat Lo Liner build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post7561684

support our troops!
Clyde65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:44 PM   #9
zacthrasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde65 View Post
TBSS manifolds are from Trail Blazer SS's, they hug the block better than any stock manifold on the LSx motors. This would be the cheapest way to go. Doug Thorely has great products but those are pricey.

I bought the CPP perches and they ONLY fit on the front holes of the frame, not ideal for me at all. Pushes the motor forward a couple inches which also push the trans up the same and minimizes radiator to fan space.

Since you have a 3/4 ton, this would not be useful to you but good to know. The CTS-v or Hot Rod oil pan would be flush with the cross member, or very close. stock truck pan will hang about 1-3/4 inches or so below. If ground clearance is a concern, go with the CTS-v or Hot Rod oil pan.
I do not have a 3/4 ton, that was the other guy above but after looking you can get the low profile for 150 which is not bad and I would like my truck another 1" lower or so.

Thanks!
Old 10-10-2014, 01:42 PM   #10
LS1Impala

If you can find a CTS-V oilpan I would go that route...mine sits perfectly even with the crossmember.
LS1Impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 02:18 PM   #11
ericjon262

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy longhorn View Post
On your 3/4 ton truck, no issues (stock height on the pan). I build to fit on my swaps, but will say that most of the guys like the Dingo sliders? They will give you that movement that you need, for/aft, & not a bad deal, for bolt in? Many guys do not have a 200 amp Mig, in they're garage....I do After almost 40 yrs playing, I build what I want...(no brag, just fact)? For the younger guys/or the ones don't have the tools that I have to play....look at the slider mounts Longhorn
Joined the navy and had to leave my welder at home in Pensacola... my truck has already had a 700r4 swapped in, so I'd rather not move the transmission again and have to mess with the mounts until I get a 4x4 transmission and front axle.