The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 10:16 AM   #76
Rochlow

Re: Fast N' Loud square body build

I was told who did the interior... Bag.. whatever it's called..
Old 10-29-2014, 10:32 AM   #77
PBFAB.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
I highly doubt Porterbuilt gave GMG another customers parts.
Do you really think that TV show plays out in the timeline the viewers see?
All episodes are highly planned out from the beginning.
Little fact for all to know:

Gas Monkey Garage placed their order in February of 2014. LOTS of behind the scenes planning and effort goes into these builds.

The fact that a comment was made that we would "give somebody another customer's parts" is highly offensive to me. Let's get back to reality guys... not "reality TV".

Nate

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP

Supporting this forum since 2003!
Old 10-29-2014, 10:39 AM   #78
PBFAB.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killthewabbit View Post
Handbag?

Those are some seriously tucked front wheels. Do dropmembers with porterbuilt a-arms always pull the wheels in that much?
If you want to drive the truck an inch off the ground and have lock to lock turning capabilities that's the only way to get the clearance.

Offset and control arm length also play a role.

Nate

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP

Old 10-29-2014, 10:41 AM   #79
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

I think it is great to see the square bodies finally get the respect they deserve. Hopefully prices won't get too far out of reach for us though.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:50 AM   #80
slowcpe

Nate, my comment on the 10-12 week wait was humor. I could only imagine how much time and planning is involved in these builds. Heck I know how much reading and questions I've asked for my little build and I don't have a) the budget a TV show has and b) only doing 1 build.
1967/71 Blue SWB C10..SOLD
1977 SWB K10..my grandpa's.....never should have sold
Old 10-29-2014, 10:53 AM   #81
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
I think it is great to see the square bodies finally get the respect they deserve. Hopefully prices won't get too far out of reach for us though.
And all the 67-72 members "square parts hoarders" became overnight millionaires after that episode...

79 2wd Blazer (Bruiser)
85 M1009 Blazer (Sarge) build
74 Honda Z50 build
Old 10-29-2014, 11:01 AM   #82
PBFAB.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowcpe View Post
Nate, my comment on the 10-12 week wait was humor. I could only imagine how much time and planning is involved in these builds. Heck I know how much reading and questions I've asked for my little build and I don't have a) the budget a TV show has and b) only doing 1 build.
No worries Ryan... no offense taken.

Nate

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP

Old 10-29-2014, 11:13 AM   #83
C10Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBFAB.COM View Post
Little fact for all to know:

Gas Monkey Garage placed their order in February of 2014. LOTS of behind the scenes planning and effort goes into these builds.

The fact that a comment was made that we would "give somebody another customer's parts" is highly offensive to me. Let's get back to reality guys... not "reality TV".

Nate
Well said!, and in regards to the 10-12 week wait just remember. For those people who understand the quality and integrity of your parts, no explanation is necessary, for those who don't understand, no explanation will suffice. Thanks for bringing the great products to the C10 world.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:53 AM   #84
Hiluxxulih

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUISER View Post
And all the 67-72 members "square parts hoarders" became overnight millionaires after that episode...
I got in at a thousand dollars for my 85 but its long bed and those are not as sought after for the builder types .
Old 10-29-2014, 12:02 PM   #85
Hiluxxulih

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlocksRule View Post
Bought the entire building so he could get the truck...he's a financial genius! Short wide squarebodies are all over Texas, even at the $4K - $5K they were talking, it's about twice what it should be.
I'm a lot more old school than many here, don't understand the appeal of being able to put the frame on the ground. Just a good stance with wheels slightly tucked would have had more appeal to old farts like me.
That seamed like pretty good deal , a building like that would be way more expensive around here .
Old 10-29-2014, 03:37 PM   #86
BigBlocksRule

Handbag!!!
High five, Rochlow!
Whatever trips his trigger, he's sure making a lot more of those hundos than I am and has a good thing going with his shop.

Aaron is one talented builder, he keeps 'em clean which is a must IMHO.

Seriously, if a shop decided to specialize in slammed squares, they could tool up for it and punch 'em out like nobody's business, and sell 'em that fast, too. Gonna be that way with the GMT400's soon. I hope so, I'm stashing straight sheet metal, doors and dashes.
Old 10-29-2014, 04:51 PM   #87
Jeepwm69

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlocksRule View Post
IF and when I make it to the DFW area, I think I'll drop a big stinker in the bathroom at A$$ Monkey's diner, name it Richard, then visit Sue's shop, buy her a drink and get a T-shirt from her, get her to autograph it.

I'll be surprised if the clowns at Dip$hit (or is that Misfit?) make it 6 months.

I put A$$ Monkey in the same group with brotherbrotherbrother Danny from Kount's Kustoms. All hype, very little hands-on viewing.

Too bad we don't have many shows that actually show what's going on and too many that are more like stupid so-called reality shows..."*****in' Rides" is a big step in the right direction, though.

Long Live Chip Foose - very talented and he realizes it's all about the cars and the people who own and drive them, NOT about reality TV shop drama.
You can throw in their buddy Dennis Collins of Collins bros Jeeps. Collins has a huge Jeep boneyard, charges 400% of what the parts cost elsewhere, and the people act like they're doing you a favor by doing business with you.

Collins has made a few guests appearances on gas monkey (he's in Wylie TX) He's probably the most hated Jeep person in the Jeep world.
Old 10-29-2014, 05:52 PM   #88
watahyahknow

guess all that cash flowing in made them a little bigheaded

as long as misfit garage can haul in enough flipcars and sell them as fast as they did the last few they should do ok , its mosty the custom build that are eating cash , monkey garage started the same way , it took them some time too
the guy that cut up the front frame of that tri five was realy messing things up for the sale of the car ,even if they dont have to rechrome a lot of the trim and bumpers and upholster the interiour as its a racecar i just hope they can sell it fast enough as their money is tied up intoo it
wouldnt be suprized if next build the main guy takes the garage keys with him when hes not around to keep an eye on things

that tree landing on the customers truck was bad for busnes though , hope they or their landlord has good lyabillityinsurance if thats the case replacing the damaged parts might even be profitable even if it will take them time to rebuild the truck

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts
Old 10-29-2014, 08:04 PM   #89
Axle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiluxxulih View Post
I got in at a thousand dollars for my 85 but its long bed and those are not as sought after for the builder types .
Give it time. Back in my day if you said you where going to restore/build/whatever a 4-door anything you'd be laughed outta the parking lot. Now? Those 4-door cars, as ugly as the lines are are, their undesirablity in the past keeping the price realistic has made them something seriously looked at today. Same will happen with trucks. Someone mentioned GMT400's; those are already getting a head of steam building up here. They will catch on faster than you may think.

-

Just to draw a parrallel with this thread and the parts thread in general discussion, here, some are bemoaning the fact that a couple rich guys spend their money as they see fit. In the parts thread, there are some bemoaning the fact that some of us don't want to pay for ridiculously profit margined parts at a local parts shop. Same poop, different players.

I don't think either of the tv guys try to make it a secret, they have the money to do what they want and do it. Give me that luxury and disposable cash, and I'd probably be doing a bit of the same.
Personally, I like watching gas monkey garage--they ain't trying to come off as 'this is the way it is', they're having a good time doing what they do and hamming it up for the camera as the producers, and the vast majority of mindless non-gearhead viewers want. Us gear-heads try to catch that little interesting snippet of real work that is being interrupted by what the mindless masses want. Same reason Speedvision bit the dust--gear heads are but a tiny fraction of the viewing public and we don't generate the revenue the mindless masses do.

Alex.

Last edited by Axle; 10-29-2014 at 08:10 PM.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:25 PM   #90
Rochlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle View Post
Give it time. Back in my day if you said you where going to restore/build/whatever a 4-door anything you'd be laughed outta the parking lot. Now? Those 4-door cars, as ugly as the lines are are, their undesirablity in the past keeping the price realistic has made them something seriously looked at today. Same will happen with trucks. Someone mentioned GMT400's; those are already getting a head of steam building up here. They will catch on faster than you may think.

-

Just to draw a parrallel with this thread and the parts thread in general discussion, here, some are bemoaning the fact that a couple rich guys spend their money as they see fit. In the parts thread, there are some bemoaning the fact that some of us don't want to pay for ridiculously profit margined parts at a local parts shop. Same poop, different players.

I don't think either of the tv guys try to make it a secret, they have the money to do what they want and do it. Give me that luxury and disposable cash, and I'd probably be doing a bit of the same.
Personally, I like watching gas monkey garage--they ain't trying to come off as 'this is the way it is', they're having a good time doing what they do and hamming it up for the camera as the producers, and the vast majority of mindless non-gearhead viewers want. Us gear-heads try to catch that little interesting snippet of real work that is being interrupted by what the mindless masses want. Same reason Speedvision bit the dust--gear heads are but a tiny fraction of the viewing public and we don't generate the revenue the mindless masses do.

Alex.
Extremely well said!!!
Old 10-29-2014, 08:36 PM   #91
watahyahknow

happen to like watching that series and *****in rides better than amerikan hotrod
i dont have the talent but if i had i couldnt immagine working for boyd or his shopmanager when he was still alive no matter how mush he would pay per hour , the people working in that shop where a bunch of cuttroats that revelled in trowing eachother under a bus and making other peoples lives misserable
at least the people on the newer shows seem to have fun sometimes and dont get knocked down a lot when they act like eeeeh monkeys

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts
Old 10-29-2014, 09:10 PM   #92
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

One more,...
Attached Images

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
Closed Thread