The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-24-2022, 01:49 AM   #1
tjs

1969 c30 disc brakes

Hey guys I some questions about c30's I recently purchased one and would like to put disc brakes on it and was wondering if this kit would work on it for the front brakes thanks in advance for the advice.

https://www.performanceonline.com/19...-8-Lug-Deluxe/
tjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 09:28 AM   #2
CantPutTheSmokeBack

Re: 1969 c30 disc brakes

Your title says C30, so I'm working under the assumption you have dual rear wheels. This kit is for the single rear wheel 3/4 ton trucks. Your wheels won't fit right if this is the case. If you do have single rear wheels then this will work. I'm not sure if SRW 1 ton was an option on these trucks. The difference between the two trucks is in the rotors. There is a hub to offset the deep dish dually wheels correctly.

I'm in the same situation with the same year truck. From my looking, nobody has a "kit" with everything in it. If it's out there it slipped past me and I'd love to be shown the light. Most guys I've seen are able to locate a parts truck to rob everything off of, but I'm in the middle of absolutely nowhere and I've seen exactly 1 other truck for sale and it was running and driving, way too nice to pull apart. If you're unable to locate a parts truck, you can buy everything from your local parts house for a 73-87 truck. Control arms are the same, so you need new spindles and everything outward from there. The parts stores don't have a source for front spindles, but everything else they should have. For spindles, cheapest I've found NEW is Classic Industries for $250. If you've got a parts yard that has these trucks in it you can get them from there for much cheaper. SCOTI here on the board also turned me on to Texas Square Bodies (on Instagram) in Wills Point TX. He says Tony (owner) has a bunch of these trucks and can get you what you need.
CantPutTheSmokeBack is offline   Reply With Quote