The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2013, 01:19 AM   #1
NoForAnAnswer

Strange Turn Signal Problem

Ok folks. Here's a noodle scratcher for ya! I was driving my truck home from work today and when I almost get there, the left turn signal starts going wonky. When I try to turn it on it doesn't work and the battery gauge is going ape. After I pull over and look a bit closer it appears that the battery gauge it "turning" to the left as my signal should. Also, my sunpro tach is dipping the needle a bit too with the signal on. All the while no flashing on my exterior lights. When I got it home, I disconnected the fuse for the battery gauge abd tried the signal again. It worked normally this time. So I hook up the fuse again and it dips to the left but not as far. Went away to talk to my dad about my problem, came back to try it all again and this time the gauge it "blinking" all the way to the left again and the lights aren't working. So, I turn the headlights on, turn on the left turn signal and every exterior light is blinking. Headlights, marker lights, tail lights both turn signals all of them. Decided to come back to it later as I had to leave for my second job. I come back after I get home a second time and check it all out again. Now the left turn signal works and blinks. The battery gauge is "blinking" left as well but not all the way. All the other lights work just fine. just the left side turn signals are giving me problems.

I think it may be a bad ground because I have a CB installed and wired to my aux battery (charged via isolator) and the last time I tried the turn signals when they would blink I would get static on the CB.

I plan on tackling this on saturday. Any ideas where to start looking?

Oh yeah. '71 K10 factory harness not butchered up. We're the second owners and we've had it since '83.
Posted via Mobile Device
NoForAnAnswer is offline   Reply With Quote