The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2020, 04:18 AM   #1
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Buying a car on the internet

I'm about to do something stupid. (Not my first rodeo).

Car prices seem low right now and I've always wanted a 911 Porsche. The big thing is that there are none around here. There's nothing around here. So I need to go to the net. Which involves shipping and all that. But I think it's a buyers market with all this craziness going on. So I have to think. Do I roll the dice. Take a shot. I've already got the green light from my wife. I think she just wants me to shut up about it.

A little history. I tried to buy a beautiful black 911 when I was about 20 for a whopping $6000. But I didn't have the credit. I had a good job. I was making good money. I could have paid for it easily. But I hadn't established any credit yet. I was only 20 years old. I asked my dad to co-sign for me.

He flat turned me down and told me to buy a new car. Not some old car. That was one of the few, if only the one time that we really locked horns. He didn't get my perspective and I didn't see his. I always got along with my dad. And I couldn't believe it when he shut me down when I had it covered.

Fast forward many decades. I'm going to try and get one again. I guess it's been chewing at me all these years. But I won't see it until it shows up and I've already paid for it. That kind of scares me. It's an expensive car. It gives me cold feet. I guess I'm just afraid to jump in to the deep end of the pool.

It's funny. I met my wife on the internet. I bought my houses on the net. And those worked out extremely well. But this one scares me. I like to kick the tires. And I do not travel well. So I'm not going anywhere. It get's delivered.

I just have to figure out where to park it. I'm out of room. Like I said I'm not too bright.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote