The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Product Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-18-2005, 03:17 PM   #1
JonnyTechMech
STOP! Hamma time!!!

Question TBI Spacers

Have any of you tried or is currently run a TBI with a spacer such as Poweraid, Jet Power-Flow, Helix Power Tower? I’d like to know what’s you opinion of this part. Does it low fuel consumption and really increase torque? I using a Helix Power Tower and I can definitely feel a change in acceleration. However, I’m still on the fence about the fuel efficiency. If you’re using one, has it done any wonders for you? Forgive me if this subject has been covered already.

JonnyTM
JonnyTechMech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 05:15 PM   #2
boraxman
Keepin an eye out

Feel lucky if you feel anything. These have been covered over and over again on the Toyota sites I go to. They have been shown on Dyno tests to lose HP on Toyotas. Most feel they are a complete waste of money.
ZIP 91351
boraxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 03:56 PM   #3
Z16

I use a Helix as well on a Vortec. While I can't say it made a noticable difference, It did run a little quicker as shown on my G-tech. it did help mileage too. I found it's an integral part of a buildup when used with other parts such as a cold air intake, headers and exhaust
98 GMC Sierra Ex Cab, cowl hood, Euro LED lights, 30 bar billet, Whipple Supercharged 350 Vortec: Forged flattops, E-Tec aluminum heads, Comp Cam, Scat crank and rods, Granatelli Mass air flow, Headers, Flowmaster exhaust , Complete MSD Ignition, Custom Tuning, intake spacer , ported throttle body, AC Delco port injection upgrade, Roller Rockers, Power Pulleys. Gear Vendors Overdrive. Soon to hit a dyno. 2/4 drop(for now).

95 Chevy S-10 Ex Cab 4.3 5 Speed 2/3 drop, Euro lights, billet grill, More to come. The Daily Driver
Z16 is offline   Reply With Quote