The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-10-2020, 09:42 AM   #126
DJ_Baar

Talking Re: My '67 Chevy C20 "Camper Special" Build

Replaced the Driver's door seal with "HONDA" replacement and it made ALL THE DIFFERENCE --- AWESOME simple push close. It feels GREAT to have something work!

I have the new three point (shoulder now) seat belts to finish install and the new door glass, channel, seals, and new door handles and locks too.

I can tinker with adjustment on passenger door later. Works, but a slam. Suspect more "adjustment" bottom back corner where all the new sheet metal was installed. The "new" sheet metal panels were not perfect fit - a little smaller in places (like the rain gutters). But had to be "massaged" in place. I did re-install old door before final welding, but that also had original door seal and before repairs to door too.

DJ
Attached Images

Last edited by DJ_Baar; 05-10-2020 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Put deleted portion into new comment with new pictures.
DJ_Baar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 02:10 PM   #127
DJ_Baar

Wink Re: My '67 Chevy C20 "Camper Special" Build

I had idea to mount stainless steel hardware fasteners & washers for mounting "Truckers" mirrors back on Blue. I will leave the fasteners in place mounted to door and simply add the mirrors, washers, nuts and acorn nuts to top the bolts. I have to re-drill the front mount hole because I had to weld-up and reinforce that area after prior Owner had Swiss-cheesed that area with holes --- it was a mess.

Worked-out OK I think. Now back to working door glass, etc.... Later I will do some corrosion and paint to mirrors as needed before final assembly.

DJ
Attached Images

Old 05-15-2020, 09:50 AM   #128
DJ_Baar

Smile My '67 Chevy C20 "Camper Special" Build

I totally took this electrical disconnect for camper apart and rebuilt with new gasket in similar material. I did not wire it, but can remove and add wiring if needed. Just wanted to get that hole filled in as it was.

DJ Baar

Attached Images

Old 05-15-2020, 12:25 PM   #129
DJ_Baar

Question My '67 Chevy C20 "Camper Special" Build - Question with Vent Window Replacements?

I posted in separate forum, but I am just trying to understand why the vent windows I purchased for my '67 Chevy C20 Truck are not drilled for door rail screws? Please see pictures of old and new. I explained I was ordering for a '67 and told same thru '72. I just want to know if I am supposed to drill and tap these new vent window frames for three mounting screws (each)? I emailed Supplier.

I just thought this would be easier than rebuilding old windows that had welding splatter from a prior Owner.

DJ Baar
Attached Images

Old 05-15-2020, 06:10 PM   #130
DJ_Baar

Re: My '67 Chevy C20 "Camper Special" Build

Response from usa1industries: You are correct, the reasoning behind it is there are now 3 manufactures of the door shells for these trucks. Unfortunately they have not been very consistent in there placement of the holes in the frame of the door so the vent window manufacturer quit putting the holes in the vent window frame brackets because it was causing a fitment issue. We know its not ideal but its better than having to modify a door shell after paint work.

So I had to prefit, drill, and then final fit

DJ Baar

Old 05-16-2020, 04:43 AM   #131
DJ_Baar

Cool My '67 Chevy C20 "Camper Special" Build - Dr Glass back in

I finally got the new glass in both doors & a minor adjustment to Passenger door striker has it finally closing like a Champ!!! 🙃😉

Installing, marking for 3 front mounting screw holes, taking new vent windows, out then reinstalling, and figuring-out how this all goes BACK together took most of the day Friday. Thank God for YouTube helpful instructional videos from LMC & BROTHERS Trucks!!! 😎

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zay64xBOgD8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3wTuTY3HZM

Now just need to get new inside "whiskers" & outside rubber seal on door windows, & back to minor things, (like replacing old door locks I thought I had. ) But "Blue" can now stay OUT of garage & face the weather with all glass back in!!! It has been a long road getting this far. 😁

DJ Baar
Attached Images

Old 05-16-2020, 10:00 AM   #132
DJ_Baar

Unhappy My '67 Chevy C20 "Camper Special" Build - Why Selling

This is why I'm selling truck. Yes as I tinker with & get remaining "bugs" out value & price goes up. But no leg room for this big guy with a replaced right knee to drive safely and comfortably now. It's uncomfortable now on accelerator & must lift to hit brake. Fine driving slow ... but reflexes are not fast enough to drive "Blue" safely. In my Toyota FJ I have more longer leg room and can pivot my right foot from accelerator to brake.

Attached Images

Last edited by DJ_Baar; 05-16-2020 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Type-O
Old 05-16-2020, 10:22 AM   #133
DJ_Baar

Talking My '67 Chevy C20 "Camper Special" Build - Ready to sell

Truck is finally coming together and looking good. I like the patina. Its easy to care for and fix parking lot dinks. Garage picture now vacant of truck has all that is reusable or sell-able, Like complete original steering column and HVAC, even includes touch-up paint....

Attached Images

Old 05-16-2020, 01:56 PM   #134
DJ_Baar

My '67 Chevy C20 "Camper Special" Build Has SOLD

I am very happy truck has gone to a good new home
Attached Images

Old 05-16-2020, 02:01 PM   #135
Getter-Done

That's Cool.
Is He a board Member?

63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 02:26 PM   #136
Gargoyle

A bittersweet day I'm sure.
Gargoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 02:44 PM   #137
DJ_Baar

[QUOTE=Getter-Done;8740454]That's Cool.
Is He a board Member?

He said he tried to get on this Forum but full. You can contact Jon Jones via email at: cecilorange@yahoo.com because I for one would like to see how this plays out for him. Wife's Dad had a K10 of similar color but frame was far too gone.

DJ Baar

Last edited by DJ_Baar; 05-16-2020 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Needed to add Member
Old 05-16-2020, 03:49 PM   #138
Getter-Done

[quote=DJ_Baar;8740470]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getter-Done View Post
That's Cool.
Is He a board Member?

He said he tried to get on this Forum but full. You can contact Jon Jones via email at: cecilorange@yahoo.com because I for one would like to see how this plays out for him. Wife's Dad had a K10 of similar color but frame was far too gone.

DJ Baar
Thanks
I sent him an E-mail.

63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 05:53 PM   #139
DJ_Baar

Thank you