The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-25-2017, 02:08 PM   #1
Devil Pup

Re: Complete build change. Lifted 2wd

Tested the motor on the stand thanks to a tip from youtube. Only had to give power to one wire and the main power terminal, made a homemade fuel injection tube for about 10 bucks at lowes. Motor Fired right up and idled nicely. Stoked to say the least! click the link below to check it out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kitr...ature=youtu.be

Got a LOT done over the weekend since we had a break in the rain for a day. Removed the front cross member and found out that the vary front support brace is bent. I don't think the rail itself is out of shape. I have a spare brace so ill be swapping that in.

Picked up some new Silverado wheels on Craigslist for free from a gentleman. Score. 3 of them match, one is a miss match but the same size so it'll work. ill have to figure something out there. My brother mocked up the new rear end with the axle saddles I got form Summit racing and we rolled the new rear end into place. Fit pretty good. Gotta pull it out and take the axle to my brother in laws to have the perches fully welded. Gonna be ordering some new poly bushings for the springs and shackles too. the old ones are worn.

I used some degreaser and a whole lot of scrubbing to get the frame rails cleaned up in prep for the new crossmember and suspension to go in. As much as I would like to powder coat the frame or even spray it with a real gun, this is a budget build and a driver so I rattle canned it. plus easy touch ups.
Some rusty metal primer

And a few coats of gloss black
Devil Pup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 06:10 PM   #2
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
Looking good so far. Keep on it, you are making progress. Looks like you have some good help also...

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 06:19 PM   #3
Devil Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
-
Looking good so far. Keep on it, you are making progress. Looks like you have some good help also...

LockDoc
thank you! Always great to have help, even better when you get time with the family!

Hoping to put the front suspension on next weekend. maybe get to see how much lift ill be looking at.
Devil Pup is offline   Reply With Quote