The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-16-2019, 11:34 PM   #3351
nvrdone

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

still sounds like a scam to me....
nvrdone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 12:48 AM   #3352
idbeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrdone View Post
Me too...……….

Been working 80 hr. weeks, so not a lot getting done, but I got enough wiring done and the gas tank all buttoned up to attempt firing it off... only to find out I have a leak in the fuel line where I put the fuel filter in, so that is a tomorrow thing.... however the 383 stroker fired right off with a little gas down the FiTechs throat, brought the old lady running out to the garage to ask if it was the truck!!!!
Attached Images

idbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 01:34 AM   #3353
MARTINSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrdone View Post
If not a scam, he has some issues for sure!

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 02:00 AM   #3354
MiraclePieCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
If not a scam, he has some issues for sure!

Brian
Don't feel bad Brian, buyers frequently get upset on Craigslist. The guy didn't answer his phone. The Craigslist rule is, whoever puts cash in your hand first gets it.

Meanwhile, I tried to attend a car show last weekend, but I should have known better...

In my area there is a weird phenomenon: car owners always try to get to the show before one another, then they all try to leave before everyone else. They think they're "beating the crowd" when in fact THEY ARE THE CROWD. I have coined a name for early leavers; I call them "Runners" after the iconic sci-fi movie, "Logan's Run."

This weekend's car show was advertised as going from 8:00 AM until 3:00 PM. I'm a lifelong night shift employee, so I usually aim for later in the day. But when I arrived at this show at 1:30 PM ALL THE CARS WERE ALREADY LEAVING! By 1:45 I was standing in a totally empty lot in a show that was advertised as ending at 3:00 PM. WTF??? Not only is it rude, early running means cars are driving through the throngs of attendees, endangering spectators and children.

I have already written letters to the car show's organizers and sponsors suggesting that entrants be required to keep their vehicles parked until after the official advertised show end time. But it's too late for me, I've been burned dozens of times. This was the last empty lot I'm going to and the last car show I will attend in my area ever.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:43 AM   #3355
MARTINSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiraclePieCo View Post
Don't feel bad Brian, buyers frequently get upset on Craigslist. The guy didn't answer his phone. The Craigslist rule is, whoever puts cash in your hand first gets it.

Meanwhile, I tried to attend a car show last weekend, but I should have known better...

In my area there is a weird phenomenon: car owners always try to get to the show before one another, then they all try to leave before everyone else. They think they're "beating the crowd" when in fact THEY ARE THE CROWD. I have coined a name for early leavers; I call them "Runners" after the iconic sci-fi movie, "Logan's Run."

This weekend's car show was advertised as going from 8:00 AM until 3:00 PM. I'm a lifelong night shift employee, so I usually aim for later in the day. But when I arrived at this show at 1:30 PM ALL THE CARS WERE ALREADY LEAVING! By 1:45 I was standing in a totally empty lot in a show that was advertised as ending at 3:00 PM. WTF??? Not only is it rude, early running means cars are driving through the throngs of attendees, endangering spectators and children.

I have already written letters to the car show's organizers and sponsors suggesting that entrants be required to keep their vehicles parked until after the official advertised show end time. But it's too late for me, I've been burned dozens of times. This was the last empty lot I'm going to and the last car show I will attend in my area ever.
That sucks! I think it's a "thing" now, like graffiti and trash, people do that here too and I don't remember years ago it happening. It's like a a ball game, I never understood it. You have bought a ticket to watch your team play, to spend the afternoon in the park with other fans, seeing a game, eating good food, what a great way to spend the day! And in the eighth inning people are leaving! Obviously when the team is not playing well this happens more, but I have seen it happening when they are winning too. Important games even, they are filing out while the team is still playing! Do they do this at the movies? How about a concert, do they do this a concert too?

Yesterday, I got nothing done on the truck, I did get a roll bar in my son's latest acquisition, another Miata. I guess it was dad's job on daddy day to put a roll bar in to save my child's life in a future accident.

Brian

Old 06-17-2019, 06:02 PM   #3356
mick53

Heading out to an engine builders 2 day auction tomorrow. Pretty much all high end v8 stuff but you never know when you might need 200 roller rockers.
mick53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 10:47 AM   #3357
Marty68

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiraclePieCo View Post

if you do not want to stay at the car show for the whole time. park your car (however nice or old it is) in the spectator parking area and levae when ever you wish
Marty68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 11:12 PM   #3358
idbeast

Wooohoooo, the truck runs, starts and shuts off with the key!!!!! The first time since I've owned it!!!!
Old 06-18-2019, 11:30 PM   #3359
oldman3

Quote:
Originally Posted by idbeast View Post
Wooohoooo, the truck runs, starts and shuts off with the key!!!!! The first time since I've owned it!!!!
Congrats...Jim
oldman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 11:46 PM   #3360
svr

Very nice Idbeast, a major hurdle cleared
Old 06-18-2019, 11:54 PM   #3361
DransportGarage

Quote:
That's BIG !!!
Bob's Retirement Build - My 55 TF
Bob's 700R4 Build (how-to)
DransportGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 12:10 AM   #3362
mejum

Mounted my New Vintage USA tach. I wanted it near the gauge cluster but not on the column. My dad made me a bracket to mount it off the dash.

I like how it turned out. From the side, you can't really see the bracket because of the can the tach is in--it looks like the tach is floating in-place.
mejum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 08:33 AM   #3363
DransportGarage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mejum View Post
Mounted my New Vintage USA tach. I wanted it near the gauge cluster but not on the column. My dad made me a bracket to mount it off the dash.

<snip>

I like how it turned out. From the side, you can't really see the bracket because of the can the tach is in--it looks like the tach is floating in-place.
Very clean! Can you post a pic from the side? What did he make the bracket out of?
Old 06-19-2019, 10:10 PM   #3364
Black_Sheep

Quote:
Congratulations! It would be cool to see a quick video
Black_Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 10:20 PM   #3365
Black_Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mejum View Post
Nice job
Old 06-19-2019, 11:52 PM   #3366
idbeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Sheep View Post
Congratulations! It would be cool to see a quick video
The 28 second video is 29mb I had the wrong resolution set on the phone!

Thanks everybody!
Old 06-20-2019, 12:09 AM   #3367
mick53

Picked up stuff from auction today. Holley carb, hydraulic throw out bearing, some water pumps, O2 sensors, big rack of a/n fittings. Bunch of other stuff and 45 Crower and Comp cams. I don't have a clue what they fit but they are in their original boxes. Most of them the lobes are not ground. I paid $10.00 each for the lot of 45. Also a few hundred pounds of TIG rod for $25.00 and an engine stand from the dyno room for $30.00.
mick53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 01:33 AM   #3368
MARTINSR

Just trying to figure out my gas tank brackets on the frame, something is amiss.

Brian

Old 06-20-2019, 07:28 AM   #3369
DransportGarage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick53 View Post
Picked up stuff from auction today. Holley carb, hydraulic throw out bearing, some water pumps, O2 sensors, big rack of a/n fittings. Bunch of other stuff and 45 Crower and Comp cams. I don't have a clue what they fit but they are in their original boxes. Most of them the lobes are not ground. I paid $10.00 each for the lot of 45. Also a few hundred pounds of TIG rod for $25.00 and an engine stand from the dyno room for $30.00.
Sounds like you had a fun day!
Old 06-20-2019, 10:01 AM   #3370
my56chevytruck

Since I've painted my truck myself, I have to admit, painting is not one of my best abilities. I found some paint "cracks" and "chipping" so I thought I'd buy and learn to use a airbrush. You know, to do the "few" cracks I've found. Well after going around the entire bed and fixing those "few" cracks I ended up pulling the paint gun down. So now that the tapes been removed, it's again time to get back to the road.
my56chevytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 10:11 AM   #3371
Black_Sheep

Took the day off to get ready for the MSRA Back to the 50’s weekend. The truck was pretty much ready until the hose came off the driver side defrost duct when I went for coffee and fuel this morning. When I registered last night I was car #10723 so 12,000+ cars is a real possibility. Even with rain in the forecast it’s going to be a great weekend...
Attached Images

Old 06-20-2019, 12:06 PM   #3372
MARTINSR

All this shiny paint assembly stuff is pissing me off!

Brian

Old 06-20-2019, 01:00 PM   #3373
Black_Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
All this shiny paint assembly stuff is pissing me off!

Brian
Use lots of blue painters tape and take it slow...
Old 06-20-2019, 02:27 PM   #3374
evilokc

Quote:
congrats man. its an amazing feeling isn't it. you sir have created life!
evilokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 02:30 PM   #3375
evilokc

I finally got the water pump in the death rattle changed. I took some time to make a few spacers to get my belts running true. its happy as a demon clown about to eat a child. ive gotten my motivation back to continue on the systems. its back to being a driver. about time for a fresh coat of primer as well.
evilokc is offline   Reply With Quote