The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Site Feedback and Announcements

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-01-2020, 04:55 PM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Rule changes for the for sales areas

Id love to see some rules changes to the sales areas.

How bout a three day bump limit

I feel bad for the fellas that step up and pay for high octane and there are others that take advantage. So maybe a limit to how many for sales you can put up (time line to be decided) before you have to step up to high octane.

A limit to how many ads you can put up at once. I see folks putting out 10 at a time and bumps half a page of people to the next page. So maybe more bundling of ads? Got a bunch of NOS stuff … One ad. Got a bunch of misc used parts … One ad.

Keeping someones ad at the top because the thread turns in to something that's less an ad and more of a dialogue. I know sometimes its helpful but more often its … Oh I had one of those. Or, Hey whats that in the background?

I dunno, not looking to ruffle anyones feathers, just thinking maybe there are some better ideas out there.

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 06:31 PM   #2
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: Rule changes for the for sales areas

I agree something needs to be done. I don't think the high octane or higher should be given any preferential treatment over the premium though. That only allows you to sell more than left over parts from a project (although that is being abused by many it seems) Same rule across the board avoids confusion. 3 day bump sounds fine to me, could even be 5 day. I understand it is a lot easier for sellers to go to their ads and bump them all at once but it really is unfair doing it to 10 ads at a time.
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 07:54 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

There already is a limit like that on bumping more frequently than every few days. If you see someone bumping too often then report it. And we ask to not post too many consecutive ads or bump them all in a group. Same thing, report it if you see it.

I don't like the limit how many parts sold before mandating a High Octane subscription. Some only recently got into these trucks, only have one, had someone else do the work, and might only have a part or two to sell that wasn't used or was removed. Then there are others who have been into these trucks for decades, always having several, and they do their own work. This requires buying parts when you see them, parts trucks, and having a big parts stash. The High Octane subscription draws a line between selling for profit vs selling extra parts. Some will have more extra parts than others, but didn't buy the parts to resell. Buying trucks to part and sell and buying parts to sell at a profit is what defines High Octane. It's not fair to the ones more heavily into the trucks. A member can have parts for a project, change direction, and need to sell parts bought in order to finance the new parts needed.

I think we need to watch creating too many rules and go more with etiquette and mutual respect. Bad etiquette can be reported and a moderator can still make suggestions to that person without it being a rule. That way, only the ones really causing a problem will be addressed. If they continue, they can keep being bugged. I think eventually they will comply or get tired of being bothered and go away.

And the parts boards are a feature of this "forum", it's not a classified listings site. The info and conversation is gained in the parts board as well as selling parts. If you just want to sell parts and only talk to people buying your stuff, there are other places for that. This is a place to enjoy socializing, a community. The flavor of the parts board is buddies selling to buddies. Being a High Octane member does not turn this place into strictly business.

Let's leave all this alone and stay with keeping folks in line. That takes reporting from the members. Mods may see things on their own and take action. But we also don't want a staff that is overzealous keeping the screws too tight on members. Action is taken through mod discretion and response to complaints. There are a lot more members' eyes than there are moderators' eyes. Some members get bothered more than others and this is the best way to keep a balance. Too many rules suck

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 04:32 PM   #4
CG
BlahBlahBlah

I agree ... to disagree =)

Now get to posting pictures ... lol, hopefully you got that figured out =)

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 07:54 AM   #5
special-K
Special Order

The picture problem fixed itself... shew! Life without picture posting is a very scary place.

In general, I feel there can be too many rules and that happens when you start getting real specific. Basically, the board runs more on 'guidelines' than hard line rules. And unwritten etiquette that any adult should comprehend and follow is expected. Rule, guideline, or common etiquette violations are what can be reported and dealt with. There are things that bother me that don't bother other people. I can report what bothers me without it being made a universal rule for everyone. Mods deal accordingly with discretion, from a kind suggestion to throwing the hammer down.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote