The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2023, 03:03 PM   #1
kglowacky

PCM going bad MAYBE

running a 2002 trans am LS1. Been driving for 2 years no issues. Cooling fans connected to the PCM Dark Green Wire and dark blue wire, these are both negative signal wires connected to 2 separate relays. Pretty sure set at 195 and 205. I decided to hook up my A/C factory retro and ran a totally separate fan wiring system with its own relays and triggers off the compressor power. When running A/C the fans come on always and temp sits at 190. BUT now when I don't run A/C the fans don't come on. I ran it up to 217 and no fans. I took a ground and touch the dark green wire between the relay and PCM and I get fan same with the dark blue wire. This tells me the problem is the pcm it is not working sending the negative signal at temp. Is this a sign the PCM is going bad. I assume my temp sensor is working as the Snap on scanning is getting a reading, Your thoughts??? I am going to check the wiring from the relay back to the PCM next.
kglowacky is offline   Reply With Quote