The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #1
dropanddrag71

Pulleys not lining up, help needed with a/c pulley

Heres whats going on... I want to put aftermarket a/c on my 70 c20 with a small block and short water pump. All i know about the motor is it's post 87,
-V0516fbm- votec heads, Intake bolts go in at an angle, not 90 degrees. The truck has power steering and the Alt is on the drivers side. I have a 2 groove water pump pulley and the crank pully is 1 groove, a "blank space" then 2 more groves. I need help in lining this all up.. I am thinking, but just dont know... If i get a 3 groove crank, then the power steering wont line up, unless i get a 2 groove power steering pulley, and agin that may not line up.. I did find some old water pump pulleys pulleys from pre 69 with three groves, but thats 5/8 pilot hole and i'm unsure of the bolt pattern there... any help, or advice here would greatly help. I burned threw google and summit, not much help. i think this calls for someone who's been here before..
I also assume to run the a/c the belt has to go around the water pump and crank??