The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-28-2010, 04:20 PM   #26
valero

Re: 63 c20 tear down/no money sidewalk build

Quote:
Originally Posted by daverod View Post
Nice find on the fenders. What you going to do with your old ones? Better yet ,I would just keep your old ones they match your truck. You can sell me the new ones. Give ya 150 Got a pic of the inside of the new ones? Just wondering if they came with all the parts?
oh and by the way...i just went to check out your build thread...THAT DASH IS F@#$IN AWESOME!!!!!....i damn near fell off the chair i was so excited to see that in your truck...if only they came stock like that...my hats off to you on that one man!
valero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:39 PM   #27
daverod
SSN 706

Thanks. I guess the part of the fender is called the rear fender brace? I need to get a couple fenders and I did'nt know if those came with the brace or if they hit you up for another 40 on top of the 185? I've never seen the back so I was just wondering. I'm thinking it comes with it.
daverod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:17 PM   #28
valero

Quote:
Thanks. I guess the part of the fender is called the rear fender brace? I need to get a couple fenders and I did'nt know if those came with the brace or if they hit you up for another 40 on top of the 185? I've never seen the back so I was just wondering. I'm thinking it comes with it.
ah ok...yeah i looked at it and i was wondering if you were talking about the braces...so yes, they both came with the rear braces already welded in...

but hey...i'll trade my fenders for your garage....?....
Old 04-28-2010, 07:47 PM   #29
daverod
SSN 706

You already have a garage.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:27 PM   #30
valero

Quote:
You already have a garage.
lol...at least yours serves a purpose more than just squeezin your ride in...lol...i cant even keep my tools in there cause my punk-a$$ neighbor never remembers to shut the (automatic-single push of a button) door when she leaves...
Old 04-28-2010, 08:36 PM   #31
daverod
SSN 706

I feel for ya. It does look alittle tight. I've seen worse. this guy painted his in a storage shed. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=364425
Old 04-28-2010, 08:39 PM   #32
daverod
SSN 706

Ok yours might be smaller You can get even with the bit#h when you leave overspray all over her ride.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:18 PM   #33
fryer1979
Redneck Hillbilly

To the OP: Very cool truck. Having grown up doing all of my previous work in an uncovered gravel patch next to my parents driveway, I am quite familiar with doing the best you can with what you've got. Since then it's been dirt driveways, apartment parking lots, public parking lots (yeah that intake manifold gasket change was fun), and a two car garage that seems to be similar in size to the one you have. Finally I have my own shop, but all along the way I have had to remind myself that "where there is a will, there is a way." Good luck with the build, and don't forget to have fun.
fryer1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:54 AM   #34
valero

Quote:
Ok yours might be smaller You can get even with the bit#h when you leave overspray all over her ride.

yeah, i saw most of his build, thats pretty bad ass and it is a tight space, but then again im sure he might have just a little more loot than i got to make that whole situation work out...haha...and yeah, id love to just superblast her little red ford focus with some of that white KBS paint i got....but then im sure my truck will end up sittin in the street when my landlord finds out

all good though, at least i actually have somewhere to work and even just the opportunity to restore such an awesome old ride
Old 04-29-2010, 09:05 AM   #35
valero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryer1979 View Post
To the OP: Very cool truck. Having grown up doing all of my previous work in an uncovered gravel patch next to my parents driveway, I am quite familiar with doing the best you can with what you've got. Since then it's been dirt driveways, apartment parking lots, public parking lots (yeah that intake manifold gasket change was fun), and a two car garage that seems to be similar in size to the one you have. Finally I have my own shop, but all along the way I have had to remind myself that "where there is a will, there is a way." Good luck with the build, and don't forget to have fun.
hey thanks fryer!...i appreciate the encouraging words man!...i admire folks that have that optimistic/adapt and overcome outlook on things...always cool to hear...

and yeah, most importantly...havin a ton of fun too!.......
Old 04-29-2010, 09:16 AM   #36
valero

got a free chrome valve cover and gasket from a buddy, so i decided to do a little switch-a-roo...unfortunately the new cover didnt come with a oil cap, and the one on my current cover doesnt fit...so i could only replace the gasket....which its cool cause the other gasket was about as trashed as charley sheen at a strip club....
Attached Images

Old 04-29-2010, 10:02 AM   #37
andyh1956

hey i want to respond to the "do the best you can with what you have" posts here. don't let not having the kick ass shop & other neat tools keep you from getting your trucks going. it might be cold & wet out in the drive sometimes but you can live through it. i painted my neighbors 359 pete (at his insistance) in his driveway. bright yellow. i couldn't beleive it. when i got done there was not a leaf print or a bug track in it anywhere. so don't give up. i have a good shop now but i built many a vehicle out in the yard. i like the attitude of folks here, i hope most of you are young men cause that kind of attitude will take you a long way in life. good luck!
andy
andyh1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:07 PM   #38
valero

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh1956 View Post
hey i want to respond to the "do the best you can with what you have" posts here. don't let not having the kick ass shop & other neat tools keep you from getting your trucks going. it might be cold & wet out in the drive sometimes but you can live through it. i painted my neighbors 359 pete (at his insistance) in his driveway. bright yellow. i couldn't beleive it. when i got done there was not a leaf print or a bug track in it anywhere. so don't give up. i have a good shop now but i built many a vehicle out in the yard. i like the attitude of folks here, i hope most of you are young men cause that kind of attitude will take you a long way in life. good luck!
andy
yeah...i figured out a long time ago that youre not gonna get very far, with anything, if you dont have that attitude.....im only 28 (not that thats super young, or super old) but regardless its done me well so far
Old 04-30-2010, 01:30 AM   #39
fryer1979
Redneck Hillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by valero View Post
hey thanks fryer!...i appreciate the encouraging words man!...i admire folks that have that optimistic/adapt and overcome outlook on things...always cool to hear...

and yeah, most importantly...havin a ton of fun too!.......
...yeah, you may need a little of that too at the end of a long night.

Your welcome bro. I'll be looking forward to watching the progress on your pickup.

Last edited by fryer1979; 04-30-2010 at 01:32 AM.
fryer1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:15 AM   #40
valero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryer1979 View Post
...yeah, you may need a little of that too at the end of a long night.

Your welcome bro. I'll be looking forward to watching the progress on your pickup.
shoot by the end of the night i'll probably have had more than a little...

i'll try to keep the pics frequent...but right now im waitin for my next paycheck so i can pick up some of the "safest rust remover" i had highlighted in an earlier response...

as soon as i get it delivered, im gonna attempt to soak and derust the full front crossmember, (suspension and all) without fully disassembling...i know it sounds kinda crazy, but this is what the company claims, along with pictures and tutorials to prove its effectiveness......so, needless to say, im super excited to see how well it works...