The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-02-2017, 05:34 PM   #1
Cadillac Kid

Question Chevy 350 What Intake Bolts Go Where?

Hello everyone.

I may just sound like an moron with this question but I'm just not sure about the bolts for the intake manifold. I'm just wrapping up an engine bay clean up on my 74' c10 and unfortunately I did not have access to a camera when I removed the intake. I took all of the bolts and cleaned the threads, painted the intake, and then installed the intake yesterday and put all 12 bolts in finger tight to let the RTV cure. I have a feeling I have the wrong bolts. This is where I may sound stupid because I am starting to think they are all supposed to be the same length threads. There are 12 total. I have 9 bolts all the same length threads, then 2 bolts with just slightly shorter threads, and then one bolt that has a stud on the head with a lock washer and nut on it. (Like the bolt for the thermostat housing but It is not the one for the thermostat housing because the threads snapped off that one. Do I have the correct bolts of the intake manifold, If not what do I need, and where do they go?

I know, I should have taken pictures It is my fault, But I didn't have access to a camera when I removed the intake and I have kinda been asleep through the whole cleanup of this truck.

Thanks for the help.

-Gavin
Cadillac Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 05:42 PM   #2
Gmc.guy

Re: Chevy 350 What Intake Bolts Go Where?

The shorter ones should be in the middle and longer on the outside. Longer ones were used on the engine lift tabs too.
Old 04-02-2017, 08:10 PM   #3
andyh1956

Re: Chevy 350 What Intake Bolts Go Where?

On the bolts that go in the "Thru" holes they should have sealer on the threads, the ones on the end "Blind" holes just need some lube. Be careful I think just one on each side lines up on a pushrod & too long a bolt there will rub the pushrod.
I think 1 1/4" long works good with a lock washer.
andyh1956 is offline   Reply With Quote