The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2020, 11:51 PM   #10
mr48chev

Re: Post your C/L finds for everyone to enjoy!

Climate change may have some to do with it but I can't blame that all on man made causes. Not to say that we can't do things to help out though such as solar power for buildings.

I'd say that the huge fires are due more to bad range and forest management practices as much as anything else. The current people who run the forest service and Bureau of land management seem to cater way more to the hike in the pristine woods brigade who don't want to see area that have been logged or are afraid of cattle that might be run on the range that could be leased out and are extremely vocal about it.

If you live anywhere north of Sacramento in the western states you know about the thousands of acres of trees killed by pine beetles that were never cleared out and left standing dead and ended up providing fuel for a lot of the fast moving fires.

Throw in people who build houses out in forest area and I have to admit that I would probably have been one given the opportunity you have thousands of homes in the line of fires. Many with areas around those homes not very well kept as far as fire preventive measures go.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote