The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2020, 12:29 PM   #1
special-K
Special Order

Warm Work Gloves?

I'm a carpenter/housing contractor, so it's that type of work I am wondering about gloves for. Or anything you need full dexterity to do. My fingers just don't handle the cold like they used to. I remember when I first started construction how my fingers and toes would freeze. Boots are not a problem. Plenty of options there and fortunately I don't use my feet to handle my work. I ended up in the aluminum siding business and hung that stuff all winter long. I got used to it. We hated wearing gloves, they slowed us down too much. When it was really cold we would wear the brown jersey gloves. Within a couple hours the finger tips would have holes from grabbing nails and we would cut them off. I could work in freezing cold weather handling aluminum all day long and my finger tips were fine. I worked 100% outside for 25 years. For the last 15 years I've been doing more assorted work, but still most of it outside. Working for myself by myself, and carrying a much lighter workload, I have been able to avoid working outside on the worst days. Now it's back to how it was when I began, fingers get really cold fast. Jersey gloves feeling like no gloves within an hour. I used to be able to use those knit gloves with rubbery palms. Now that rubber gets cold and forget it. I used the gloves w/o the rubbery palms and it helped, but fingers still get cold. Any heavier of a glove I have to pull on and off all the time.

What do you all know about good winter work gloves?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote