The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-01-2018, 04:07 PM   #976
Killer Bee

Re: My Facetruck thread.

Hoppy Easter from the Bees!

Mrs. Bee is in the kitchen wrapping some fresh dove with bacon.....

just kidding

do have a fat Honey Baked ham though!!!!

kids colored their eggs yesterday and found them all this morning

Old 04-02-2018, 05:53 AM   #977
special-K
Special Order

I hope everyone had a Happy Easter.

I had been leaving the door to an outbuilding slightly cracked open to air out a while. One day I'm in there and a wren had built a nest in one of the motorcycle helmets I had hanging on the wall. I figured let it have it's babies in there. My wife probably wouldn't be riding with me till after they hatched anyway.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 04:34 PM   #978
Killer Bee

well, I guess I underestimated momma dove, she did manage to hang on to both babies so far

guess the broken egg shell I found at the base of the gutter was just rolled out with the trash..

and oh boy I have a lot of poop to wash down once she's finished up there..

Old 04-05-2018, 07:55 PM   #979
special-K
Special Order

Bad renters. Always leave the place crappy.

The first local antique truck club show was supposed to be this Saturday. The roads aren't washed off quite well enough from winter for me yet. Well, looks like I'm not the only one concerned about taking my truck out. Cancelled, due to snow forecast for Saturday! Holy smokes!

This is a show by the local chapter of the ATCA/Antique Truck Club of America, Old 40 chapter. It's early for a show around here, but too wintery has never been the issue. Spring Carlisle is coming up. I hope spring is!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 04-05-2018, 08:33 PM   #980
Boog
laying low

What was that last snow storm named Waldo? They'll run out of names before the snow season is over! Ya'll get ready for another one.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 08:37 PM   #981
Dustmaker65

Not sure how all of you guys are liking this year so far, but I think it is sucking big time! Bass tournaments have started and the high for this weekend is upper 30's!!! Possibly more snow on Sunday to boot!

Girlfriend is in Houston this week with highs in the 90's.... she is really rubbing it in too. But she has to come back Monday in the snow! Show her...lol
Old 04-09-2018, 11:01 PM   #982
davischevy

I'm a little melancholy tonight.

I just found out one of my friends passed.

Bob was a street rodder from way back. He retired from Alcoa in Little Rock when he was 55, and moved here 25 years ago.

After he built his house and shop, he searched for and found a 1946 Chevy Fleetline Aero Sedan, to build his streetrod. He put around 300,000 miles on that old Chevy.

I have been joining him for coffee and going to shows with him for most of that 25 years. We weren't super close, but understood each other, and had some long talks about life.

When Google announced they were going to launch gmail, he told me I should get my company email. I wasn't big into email at the time, and ignored him. One day he came to the coffee shop and handed me my email address. Yep, he got tired of waiting on me. Even then, I didn't realize the importance of the address. I'm sure, today, I would have no trouble selling the address davisconstruction@gmail.com (It ain't for sale.)

He was a tough old guy. He had been fighting Cancer for 10 years. The last couple of years were especially bad.

These times sure affect you perspective on life.

RIP Bob Grenough, strodder@gmail.com

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 11:37 PM   #983
flashed

Cancer SUCKS but Im beating it . Sorry to hear about your friend , R.I.P .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 04:25 AM   #984
Boog
laying low

Ya'll had a long friendship. He sounds like a great guy. May he RIP.

Old 04-10-2018, 07:08 AM   #985
special-K
Special Order

Sorry to hear about your friend Bob. You've made me realize how many friends I have like that, people I know through work, hobbies, just being out and about, back in HS, Harley riding, traveling, etc ...including this place. I am a personable guy and have a zillion acquaintances more than I have good friends nearby. I have a lot of people I care about to be hearing have died in my future. So I better get used to dealing with that. Not that some have not already passed, because I was the young guy the older guys took in because of the shared interest. You expect the older ones to go first, although never nice to hear. And it's not unusually to hear of people my age passing now...mostly heart attacks and cancer.

My best best forever best friend from youth, also a carpenter, had moved to Marin County, CA in his 20s and we had stayed in touch through all the changes. There is a very beautiful third person involved in this friendship. In HS she was his GF, then mine. She is why I went to CA in the '70s. That didn't last and later on he ended up out there with her, broke up for a long time, and ended up being together in Portland until he was diagnosed with lung cancer and died within a month, back in '13. I had always hoped he and I could end up in business together. We were soul mate buddies and the odd thing was there was never a bit of animosity between Peter and I over Kim. I was very happy for them. She couldn't have found a better man and same for him with finding a woman. They were perfect for each other and I had moved on long ago. Poor Kim had to deal with him dieing so fast and we talk more now that he's gone. When he passed it really affected me. To what point I was not aware of at the time, yet I knew it had. I stopped cutting my hair and grew a long pony tail, for instance, same as good old steady Eddy Peter always kept from youth. One day I decided to cut it off to donate to Locks Of Love and I now see it as Peter giving something to kids with cancer. He had a good heart. Not sure he ever yelled at anyone in his life. Just the most easy going kind strong man this world needs more of.
R.I.P. Peter Sutton, you were the best

Tim

Old 04-10-2018, 08:37 AM   #986
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

My condolences and I understand how you feel.I had a friend pass last week. It makes you sit back and think a while.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 08:47 AM   #987
Dustmaker65

Sorry for you guys lost in good friends.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:15 AM   #988
Boog
laying low

Just last week a young guy i know took his life. As far as i know he didn’t have any health issues. He had a pretty wife and two teenage girls. Nice little family ya know. My nephew played golf with him the day before and didn’t notice anything unusual about him. They were buds since kids. My nephew is the one who found him. He was 45.

Old 04-10-2018, 02:06 PM   #989
Ol Blue K20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
Just last week a young guy i know took his life. As far as i know he didn’t have any health issues. He had a pretty wife and two teenage girls. Nice little family ya know. My nephew played golf with him the day before and didn’t notice anything unusual about him. They were buds since kids. My nephew is the one who found him. He was 45.
It makes you wonder what could have been so bad. My condolences.

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 04-10-2018, 10:38 PM   #990
davischevy

Bob wouldn't want any body shedding tears. He was a matter of fact kind of guy.

I am very fortunate that my kids are into cars and trucks. They go with us to events. It's a good thing because my friends are "aging out". I don't know about you guys, but I think the attraction of this site is we can reach outside our normal stomping grounds for people with the same interest.

Tim, I have brought this up before, but, it is interesting to me how the surnames are common to your area and here.

Sutton is a common name here.

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
Old 04-10-2018, 11:05 PM   #991
Chevyland

[QUOTE=davischevy;8235473]

but I think the attraction of this site is we can reach outside our normal stomping grounds for people with the same interest.

Very true!

When you meet someone off this site
That you ‘kind of know’
Through posting etc etc
It makes it easy
So when you do meet, it is a truck ‘talkathon’
All the guys I have hooked up with,from the site have become my long distance friends, that I really enjoy connecting with.
Usually though text.
And, hopefully we will meet again, in person at some point
Chevyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 07:18 AM   #992
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
Tim, I have brought this up before, but, it is interesting to me how the surnames are common to your area and here.
Yep. I might have told you that grandfather Hicks was an insurance broker in Baltimore and when the depression hit, when my dad was 4, he took the money and ran off to St. Louis. He remarried, so I guess I have half brothers and/or sisters out that way I never met.

We have Davis Rd within a mile from here. There's Davis Chapel nearby. My friend Waldo Davis in town is a mechanic (retired now) who was always big on military vehicles and as a result we have always had some pretty wild Humvees running around, as well as the Blazers and K30s. My old friend Jimmy Davis from near Cumberland and I go way back. We have a member here, Steve Davis, who doesn't do much of any posting but builds incredible Chevy Trucks and lives up in the area my mom is and is from. Just south into WV is Davis, WV, a very beautiful old town in the mountains. Many people migrated westward to areas similar to where they left. I got the feeling rolling through the back country of the Ozarks that I wasn't far from home at all. Only in my 20s and I remember thinking, "I could retire here". If you road around Garrett County, MD you would see what I mean.

My most recent girlfriend's dad was from Lee's Summit, a Lowery. Joined the Navy and went from there to NSA at Ft. Meade, MD. Any Lowerys migrated down your way? He was a good sort. His dad was a carpenter who she said put a new roof on his house at 70. Maybe not so unusual now, I expect to be doing such things, but this would have been quite a few years ago when a lot of men were about done by 70.

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 04-11-2018 at 07:24 AM.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:39 AM   #993
davischevy

Lots of Lowrey's here.

Old 04-11-2018, 09:06 PM   #994
special-K
Special Order

Oh yeah? Figures. I think came from early settlers in the new frontier.

Hey other Larry, does Facetruck share our information? I'm having a get together with some of my fed buddies and you are invited to come along and entertain us with anything you'd like to add to this topic. Should be a fun time. Please do come

Tim

Old 04-11-2018, 09:29 PM   #995
davischevy

I don't know how far south you have to go before the accents change, but that's one of the interesting facets of meeting people form different regions.

When I was growing up, deep southern accents were the norm here. The accents have been somewhat "diluted" here over the years, as people have moved south. Most of those from Iowa and the west coast here. Fro some reason, we get a lot of people from Arizona too.

Just west of here is Little Chicago.

Even 60 miles north of here, in Springfield, MO, the accents are mixed, but when we go in a store or restaurant, we are asked "Are you from Arkansas?".

I think is left over from the British, Irish, Scottish heritage.

When and where is this get together?

Old 04-11-2018, 09:49 PM   #996
Chevyland

Attached Images

Old 04-12-2018, 06:15 AM   #997
special-K
Special Order

Beautimus maximus!! Not so much for those directly under that cell.

How about we have a no questions asked get together. Ah just wown't to hear ya'lls accints yous guys ova heeya are all aboat. All the yous, youses, you alls, y'alls, and youins are welcome. We really should do something.

It was just before I got my license I met up with Butch from Florida who lived in the neighborhood with his other two buds fresh back from Viet Nam. Seiss was from this area and then there was Tawm and Bearverly from Arkinsaw. They were indecompression mode smokin' weed and listening to music on a kickass stero with the TV on with no sound. Bootch had a '69 Z/28 he bought while in and his old '65 F85 4spd was just sitting. He and I connected over our taste in music and I'll never forget the day I dropped in and they wanted me to go get them some hooch. Butch didn't know I was only 15 with no license (or didn't care) and he had me take the Z/28. Now I had plenty of road time (I know...bad boy) logged in on my '56 Bug and a friend's dad's Corona, both 4spd. But I took the Z/28 over to the next county where I used to live till 13 to do the chore and stopped in to the local store with my buddy Peter Sutton (also from back there) who rode along. There were other kids I used to go to school with hanging out front when I came out. Chit chatted a bit, then hopping into that blue Z/28. You should have seen the looks. None of us were old enough to drive and here I was in that thing (with Cragars/L60s on back). I was feelin' mighty big right then. When I headed out on the road real easy, then hit it, banged second real hard, I was sideways and all over the place for a second, then hit third and straightened out, fourth, and solid gone outta sight! Some moments you never forget and that was a highlight of my life.

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 04-12-2018 at 06:21 AM.
Old 04-12-2018, 09:40 AM   #998
Chevyland

Attached Images

Old 04-12-2018, 10:38 AM   #999
Ol Blue K20

Nice.....but I'm getting tired of rain......

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 04-12-2018, 08:31 PM   #1000
special-K
Special Order

We just had an actual spring day...3xcept it started like it's been, damp and cooler than normal, but ended up windy, mostly sunny and warmer than normal. Can I request just one normal day? As soon as we have a day like this and warmer tomorrow and the next day, before rain Sat night, they are talking abut high danger of fires. It's been damp due to the lack of warmth, not that t's rained much at all. Where are the April showers? If it's that dry, I'm glad it hasn't been warmer.

Tim