The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-16-2009, 08:21 PM   #1
TheSunDanceKid

project blueberry

its a 77 chevy cheyenne long bed 350 crate motor about60k with a turbo 350 trans rebuilt with 2k on it brakes and tires new and paint new paid 700$ off craigslist
so fare the bad
dash bezzel
light switch
radio installation
rear bumper rusted
driver window regulator striped with vice grips on it for a handle
ive had it about 6days havnt dont anything to it yet my gf today just traded some uh herbal essences we will say with out my knoledge for a new chrome rear bumper a regulator with handle and a new dash bezzel im about to go get it all so ill post up some pics when i get done putin it all on

Last edited by TheSunDanceKid; 08-19-2009 at 01:44 AM.
TheSunDanceKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:37 PM   #2
Stitch
Account Suspended

Re: project blueberry

that must be some good shampoo
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:58 PM   #3
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

sundancekid,
good to see another chandler resident here. ther are actually a few of us on here. though most of us are in the 67-72 section. you will like it here, it is a very nice firum & tons of help!!! hopefully one of us will soon start planning a meet for us here in the valley..... im at ocotillo & alma school
rodstored-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 04:29 PM   #4
TheSunDanceKid

im located on ray and mcqueen have a couple other friends with older chevys also an 78 orange lifted cheyenne a 72 prerunner black small lift also a cheyenne
a 68 yellow c10 a couple others also a meet would be good stuff i think there would be big turn out
Old 08-19-2009, 01:46 AM   #5
TheSunDanceKid

sorry got the pics up now didnt notice they were dead links i got to get new ones got the new bumper dash/radio and window regulator all put on
Old 01-12-2010, 07:41 PM   #6
TheSunDanceKid

some update i go to autobody school and needed a project my mom paid for my paint for chrismas so ive desided to paint already got the sealer primer base and clear totaled to $320 got it into school last week most of its sanded doing the bondo today and thursday not any dents just a couple little dings its a completly rust free truck so it should only take to days on bondo and i should be spraying next week got a couple pics first ones the final picture before i started any thing

its completly sanded now ill get some more pics at school today
Old 01-25-2010, 03:32 AM   #7
TheSunDanceKid

got all the body work done heres a few of the primer raining and storming like crazy over here some how a small area on the driver fender that had goten some bondo cracked so i need to fix it and spray a little more on monday should be getting sealer paint and clear on by thursday and friday by the way i went with BMW black for the paint

Old 01-25-2010, 04:16 AM   #8
TheSunDanceKid

some random pictures of other projects at school all the welding pics i did on the slamed black caprice full shaved doors spot light and front corner lights pictures kinda ****y they are all off my phone and for some reason some are bigger then the others dont know why

Last edited by TheSunDanceKid; 01-25-2010 at 04:23 AM.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:26 AM   #9
TheSunDanceKid

sealer

first coat of base

Old 01-29-2010, 12:19 PM   #10
Driveway Dreams
I have car A.D.D.

Cool, what paint you using? And what are you spraying with? Looks like an Iwata maybe? (Guessing by the lid on the cup)
The 86 build thread SOLD

Are you a Colorado member?Click here.
Driveway Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:00 PM   #11
TheSunDanceKid

not sure on that gun it was a primer gun the lids are the same we use on the satas probably not the original one i think there just some universals cause some dont fit right i used a sata for the base and a little nicer sata for the clear did it at school wasnt my guns not sure on the models or what that primer/sealer gun was i just got done today with base and clear its in the booth baking right now im going in tomarrow to throw the grill and bumpers/bedliner and bringing it home and ill get some more pictures in the daylight the lights in that spray area were horrible

heres a few cell phone pics for now kinda look horrid but definatly get some more when its out of that dark ass booth

Last edited by TheSunDanceKid; 01-29-2010 at 06:11 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:54 PM   #12
TheSunDanceKid

im using u-pol 2k 3:1 primer kind of a cheaper brand they sell at a local shop little more wet sanding with it but not bad sprayed pretty decent to
i used dupont sealer RTS i believe
dupont bmw black for the base 3:1
and dupont for the clear 4:1

Last edited by TheSunDanceKid; 01-29-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:11 PM   #13
TheSunDanceKid

she is finally done

Last edited by TheSunDanceKid; 02-01-2010 at 06:12 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:34 AM   #14
67-72crazy

nice truck these are my secound favorite body style my first being 67-72.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:43 PM   #15
TheSunDanceKid

so have been much busy have still been working on the truck just havent been on or taking pictures finaly got all finished moving out to apache junction sold my 03 and got a little isuzu rodeo 4x4 haha its nice to find parking again if needed and have something 4x4 out here is great were like a half hour from the river and 4wheeling spots bout 15minutes from the lake which weve been going to the spots for many years every week or so but it would take an hour and a half its awesome haha lots of interesting people out here and passing threw snow birds coming in though LOTS of chevys definatly nothing much to do out here so ive been getting stuff done that i never had time to do before like the interior
heres some stuff ive gotten done in the last week or so next up is carpet got a fiberglass box project going on this week for my rodeo ill get some pics of that when its done also

used some black plastic paint just a quick wipe down and spray they came out pretty well for not sanding or anything just need to put my sadle bags as i call them back on

finaly got around to doing a center console haha did not get around to vacuuming afterwards so theres saw dust all over but came out pretty much how i wanted didnt have the gauges when i built it so they were left blank and i was over at a friends and seen some street glow gauges siting in his garage offered him 10bucks as a joke and hes like alight so i got them put in was so excited i didnt notice one was a vacum gauge which isnt really much use to me but i left it in for now till i can find a different one that matches
the lock box came out pretty well i did want to do an electronic poper but it was just to time consuming at the time we were moving so had to do with out for the moment just got the standard lock and key

got the headliner done freebie from work we were recalling the rolls of headliner only had one color a really realy light gray almost white thought i would put it up sence i didnt have one any way it would be better then nothing but once i repainted the plastics trim around flat black i definatly liked it and am now doing the rest of the inside kind of a 2 tone

rewraped dash took about an hour to wrap and like an hour and half to make that emblem almost regreted it but definatly came out better then i thought it would

Last edited by TheSunDanceKid; 11-09-2010 at 01:08 PM.