The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 09:47 PM   #101
Crank

Haha. Can we say ROAD TRIP? Lol. I personally think that My New 72, you jumped on everyone's **** about it first. You could've given your opinion and let it be at that. Then again, others could've left it alone too. I love the fence. I dont like the idea that the neighbor didnt talk to WORN first, but he didn't and that is his small revenge. Without goin and slitting his tires or breaking his windows, I'd say it's a good way to get back at him...
Brandon
Old 05-22-2003, 10:13 PM   #102
greenhorn male

Quote:
Originally posted by jku72
I only mean to say that I too have spent many years of hard work, and saved in order to get what I have. Now that I have a decent place, I'll not have somebody telling me how to keep it.
Who decides how things should look? When does it stop?
Clean perfect planted non-native grass may be in style right now, but what if the rage becomes tall native grass?

A perfectly mowed lawn is not only un-natural, it is a waste of resources to keep it as such. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Enforcing one groups version of beauty on others is just ....wrong. I personally think that lawn watering, and wasteing gas on mowing grass, and putting chemicals all over the place to keep the lawn perfect is criminal. Do you want me to start telling you all how to keep your yard? Of course not.
I got rid of my lawn 2 years ago. It is now clean dirt ( now that's an oximoron), but it is not real visible because of the shrubs next to the side walk. I sodded it twice but those darn crabgrass keep coming back. My neighbors asked me when I am going to resod it. I told them when they come up with grass in a different color other than green. All my shrubs are green, my trees are green, my truck is green. I need some color contrast.

I'm thinking of planting giant pumpkins where my front lawn was. My neighbors never complain because I am always willing to help them with anything. They ask me to watch there house when they are gone. I chased a guy breaking into my neighbors car about 1AM with a shot gun. They don't complain about my yard or vehicles because I am more an asset to them than a liability.

I think neighbors should get along. I lost 2 cousins that didn't get along with there neighbors.
Old 05-22-2003, 10:25 PM   #103
Warbones
Navel Inspector

JMO

I would think that if you moved into a neighborhood with the intention of someday moving out of said neighborhood then you probably shouldn't be so concerned with those who call it home. If you hope to someday sell it your home to make a profit then maybe you need to be in a business called Real Estate.

1967 CST C10 Long Bed with a 283

Last edited by Warbones; 05-22-2003 at 10:28 PM.
Old 05-23-2003, 12:25 AM   #104
moneyguru

I have personally had neighbors call and complain to our local ordinace officer (yea that's right an ordinace officer).

Reason #1 1975 Chevy Malibu purchased to become a race car, sat unplated in my drive way two days. Every vehicle needs to be in running condition AND registered/insured.

Reason #2 My 1990 Chevy Suburban that has the LF tire leaking (Discount Tire never seems to fix it), well it went flat and Ileft it that way a few days. Someone complained it was a "junk car". Again, the vehicle needs to be operational - it isn't with a flat tire.

With that said, the answer to this thread is simple in my eyes.

the basis of our laws is:

Your rights end when another person's rights start.

As a result of this our communities have developed laws and ordinances. Like it or not you are required to obey the local laws and ordinaces. If everyone could pick and choose which laws they would and wouldn't obey we would have civil unrest.

As a civilized society we all need to try to abide by the rules in place. However before resorting to legal complaints, we should try to act in a friendly, kind neighborly fashion. I feel that instead of calling to complain about my two cars, my neighbor should have talked to me first. Then he/she would have found out that the Malibu was going into the garage for the winter to be worked on, and the suburban has a constant leak.

That is how I choose to work, talking neighbor to neighbor first.
Unfortunately others don't see it that way, and legally are entitled to complain to the police or ordinance officer.

Resorting to bleached lawns, flat tires, or cutting down their tree may sound great, but takes the relationship to a much lower level instead of improving on it. Let's face it, nobody is perfect, if you acted out towards everyone that upset you in the ways described above you would end up with no friends (and probably behind bars).

Off my soap box.....

Chris
Old 05-23-2003, 01:01 AM   #105
jimfulco

Little known Louisiana laws--check these out starting w/the first:

http://www.legis.state.la.us/tsrs/RS/32/RS_32_441.htm
http://www.legis.state.la.us/tsrs/RS/32/RS_32_442.htm
http://www.legis.state.la.us/tsrs/RS/32/RS_32_443.htm

Last edited by jimfulco; 05-23-2003 at 01:06 AM.
Old 05-23-2003, 01:40 AM   #106
moneyguru

Now that is good legislation! :-)

Chris
Old 05-23-2003, 01:56 AM   #107
Alexis
Member since 2000

Well I'm a good nieghbor, kinda. I don't like leaving sht out or have my mess shown the the rest of the world that drives by. If i have my truck on jack stands I tarp the sob just cause. At the moment my front yard looks like **** cause of the contruction work we are doing. We clean it up every week and drop it off at the dumps.

name calling doesnt even make you anything close to a man so don't try to act tuff with anyone. it's the internet you will probably never see the person so why waste the stress on it pretending you're a tuff guy. cause not matter what it's the internet and it's nothing but talk, you'll just make your self look like a fool.

I got to say My New 72 is handling this very well and being very professional about the situation.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:37 AM   #108
MAC67
" SHOW ME"

yeah but im going to say what i feel ,, and if i end up looking like a fool,, SO BE IT,, but i will post my views on the situation no matter how i choose to word them,,but my little bits of input have made for a pretty interesting thread,,ha ha haand i think im right ,, worn's neighbor was wrong to do what he did and he should have talked to worn first,, but when i see people that post and side with the neighbor i am going to let them know what i think about it,, if ya dont like it ,, stop reading my posts
Old 05-23-2003, 10:49 AM   #109
moneyguru

TO BE VERY CLEAR HERE...

I didn't side with him or his neighbor.

I believe calling Johny Law in without trying to resolve a difference in a neighborly fashion first is wrong.

Likewise I also believe if someone does call Johny Law without trying to work it out in a neighborly fashion it is also wrong to try and seek revenge. It is better to approach the neighbor and try to resolve the difference so that way he won't be calling Johny Law again. You could very easily start a vicious circle of events that neither you or the neighbor wants. Be the better person and start the process of resolving any problems in a neighborly manner.

In my case the only way I could find out who was complaining was to have the local township sue me, then I could get the information/ I wasn't willing to pay all the court cost to do that.

Unfortunately there are always going to be people who will be unreasonable, but hopefully if we all respond in a polite neighborly manner we can help minimize their numbers.

Just my thoughts

Chris
Old 05-23-2003, 10:50 AM   #110
my new 72
faster, faster, faster

Who said I was siding with the neighbor? Wornbrakes was clearly wronged here, and as I stated before Trucks in the driveway is no ones business but yours, but trucks all over your yard is everyones. Worn was clearly taking care of his obligations as a courtious neighbor by keeping things orderly and on the trailer awaiting trash haul day, and the neighbor should have spoken to him about it first. As has been pointed out in many threads before, this is a computer and you can't hear the tone of my voice when you read what I type, nor can you see my facial expression so take it as you will. All I ask is that you atleast attempt to clarify what has been said before you get your panties wadded up and take it personally. But if you do take a shot at my character, then your getting it back, just in a more polite way.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:53 AM   #111
my new 72
faster, faster, faster

Very well said Chris.
Old 05-23-2003, 11:19 AM   #112
Dreaminator
Dreaminator

Guess I am too old as I do not see the humor in it. In my neighborhood that could cost you a very expensive fine. Remember, a home and neighborhood generally is/are your largest investment. If you want to throw money away that is one thing...to ask your neighbors is quite another. At least that is this old guys point of view.

Daily Driver 1971 Cheyenne 10 Lwb Tilt/Tac 402 .030 TH400.
Old 05-23-2003, 11:31 AM   #113
Maximum Overdrive
December 21, 2012

Quote:
the basis of our laws is:

Your rights end when another person's rights start.

As a result of this our communities have developed laws and ordinances. Like it or not you are required to obey the local laws and ordinaces. If everyone could pick and choose which laws they would and wouldn't obey we would have civil unrest.
Yet keeping such vehicles on ones property infringes on no rights of anyone else.
Old 05-23-2003, 11:50 AM   #114
jku72

I simply believe in property rights. When people decide that government ought to rule over every aspect of peoples lives, to force them to conform or pay a heavy fine, its time to start lining people up against a wall.
My ancestors simply fought too hard to preserve freedom against governments that espouse the forced conformation of society to a certain model for me to be able to abide by it.
If you still havent seen the dangers of forced community standards, then I suggest reading up on history. Mao's model of how a perfect society ought to be should be studied, as well as the consequences and impacts to quality of life. The whole forced conformity model that is insidiously creeping into urban america is strait out of Karl Marx' thesis.
While such comparisons are often seen as extreme, I still think a little bit of ciommunistic behavior by a community is just as dangerous as a lot. Already we have people, even on this board, who are informing on nieghbors and relatives to the authorities.
While being a slob is bad manners, and offensive, the moment you abdicate responsibility to governmental bodies, you are starting down a path that you will all regret. I already regret that peoiple are happy to surrender freedoms to goverment, for any reason, and especially regret that people so happily give up freedoms and empower govenrments over such trivial things as astetics and "property values".
Sloppiness, and things like that are personal affronts, and ought to be treated as such.
On another note, my opinions are colored by the fact that I do not live in close proximity with lots of people. I have plenty of neighbors, and some seriously sloppy ones, with junk all over the place. Yes, it does in fact reduce the values of my and other adjacent properties somewhat. But, rather than become a governmental informant I approach the matter in my own way. I keep a clean place, and am vocally critical of those who have junk all over the place. My friends and I all keep a critical eye on each other, and are not afriad to say"man, your place looks like a dump". The shame is enough to ensure cleanliness. As to others, I, we, feel that we are generally raising value by keeping a clean well maintained place, and others will see it, and by seeing others keeping clean, will strive to clean themselves. If they dont, well, then their place wont be worth its potential, and when it comes to be sold, it will be available at below market. Thats good for me. I can buy the place up cheap, clean it up, and sell it for a tidy profit.

68 C10 burb
42 Willys MB
46 Dodge WF-32 1.5 ton
53 & 56 Olds'
60 Cadillac
22 Dodge Brothers
Old 05-23-2003, 01:24 PM   #115
Crank

Well. Okay, here's one for ya. In my city, Burlington, KY, you have to buy a building permit to work on your house??? You have to buy one to do anything major on your property. Why do you have to pay THEM for the work YOU do to your house. It's not like they come and inspect it or come to help, so why must you acquire that building permit, it's also no form of insurance, as you have to have home insurance to purchase it. What about that one?
Brandon
Old 05-23-2003, 03:41 PM   #116
MAC67
" SHOW ME"

jku72 has it down pat,,, he is exactly right in everything he stated above,, and for the record ,, dont think that because i am defending the right to keep old relics lying around in youre yard if you want to that my yard looks like a stye, i do have the brookwood behind the garage,, although it is clearly visible from the road,, but!!! the grass is mowed areound it neatly,, it does get weed eated around,, my yard is always newly mowed,, i do however have an abundance of vehicles,, the only one of them that you cant walk out ,,star up and drive off in is the brookwood,, i dont have piles of lawn mowers parts and bumpers,, i bring in what i intend to sell and it will go on down the road,, that i show i make my living some times are better than others,,, i guess what has heated me up so much over this whole post is the fact that the way some people state it,,, they advocate this type of behavior between people by agreeing with some of the actions worns neighbor took,, i make my money by dragging in these old "eyesores" and distribute the parts across the country to people that are very happy with the what i drug in,,then when they are stripped they go on down the road,, if i lived next to people who thought the way worns neighbor did i would be forced behind a desk somewhere doing a job i hated,, and there for i will fight tooth and nail to have the rights i do and make my living the way i choose and enjoy to do so,, in closing,, does anyone need some parts for a 58 chevy brookwood ? ha ha ha ha ha
Old 05-23-2003, 03:51 PM   #117
MAC67
" SHOW ME"

and my new 72 you are wrong,, trucks all over youre yard is no ones buisness but youre own ,, you didnt buy that persons house,, you dont pay his taxes and you didnt pay for those trucks,, there fore you have ABSOLUTLEY no say whatso ever over what person can by what and keep it where ever he wants,, if you are his landlord ,, i could see it,, but unless you bought anything that that man has on his property you cant control him /her,, that person has bought and paid for a piece of ground that they can call theyre own the same as you did,, they call it theyre own and more than likley they dont want to move the same as you would feel,, they build houses everyday, and before i went and tried to tell another human being what they could and could not own,, i would look for another place to live,,
Old 05-23-2003, 03:53 PM   #118
Crank

Damn the parts, I'd like to have the whole car. A '58 Caddy? Looks sweet, but you could prolly never find any parts for it. It'd look badass on some 20" rims with a dark blood red paint job with all the trim put back on> K, I need to go take a cold shower, damnit, look what you people do to me. Hehe.
Brandon
Old 05-23-2003, 04:00 PM   #119
MAC67
" SHOW ME"

sorry to keep posting over and over and over but i will state that i do understand some neighbors are completely impossible to deal with,, i have a neighbor that lives about a mile away ,, he had 2 chow/pitbull mixes that he let loose to run the country side,,and i have a 2 year old son that enjoys playing out in my yard every waking moment of the day,, i dont like mean dogs ,, they are a useless creature,, the dogs kept coming onto my property and chasing my horses and luckily my son was never out there when they showed up,, i went to the man and asked him nicley to put up the dogs,, it didnt happen,, i went over to his house a week later only to find 3 of my missing chickens gutted laying on his back porch obviously drug up by his dogs,, i told him please put them up or i will be forced to call the dog catcher,, 3 days later my son is playing in the yard and here come the dogs at a dead run for my place,, i picked up my son and carried him in the house,, when i looked out the window the dogs had one of my horses cornored in the barn ,, i then handled things my opwn way,, a 30/30 will do wonders to a pitbull's attitude at 70 yards,, needless to say i have no more pitbull problems
Old 05-23-2003, 04:05 PM   #120
MAC67
" SHOW ME"

ha ha ha crank,its not a caddy its a chevy,, but it is still super sharp,, when theyre finished, when i was in grade school my dad drove a 58 nomad that was deep deep deep gloss black ,, it was a truly gorgeous car,, i was thinkin about leavin it lookin just the way it does,, but dump an out of this world bigblock in it and go mustang huntin,,lol,,
Old 05-23-2003, 04:08 PM   #121
MAC67
" SHOW ME"

58 brookwood
Attached Images

Old 05-23-2003, 04:10 PM   #122
Crank

Oh. haha. I thought that I read somewhere last night that it was a Caddy, i was up til 3, guess I need to stop lookin between this website and Layinbody.com and others. haha.
Brandon
Old 05-23-2003, 04:12 PM   #123
Crank

So, between this and a Nomad, what is the difference? Just different model name? 4 Door? Is it just a standard '58 Chevy front end, like same car just with a station wagon added on. I'm still learnin damnit. lol. I know it all, but I'm still 16 if that tells ya anthing.
Brandon
Old 05-23-2003, 04:15 PM   #124
MAC67
" SHOW ME"

hey brandon dont worry about it,,im only 23,, the differnce between the nomad and brookwood was the trim package you got,, the nomad was the top of the line,,it was the same car just different trim,, thats one thing i didnt care for ,, when they made the nomad in 58 they switched it to a 4 door,, i have seen a couple 2 door 58 wagons but im pretty sure those were special order deals,,
Old 05-23-2003, 04:18 PM   #125
Crank

Oh, Kinda like a Biscayne and Impala and Lemans and GTO? I think I get it now. But I thought that Nomads were only 2 door? Because I know where I can get two '57 4 Door wagons in a field. With like Chevelles, and Impalas and other goodies. I still need to go thru this one junkyard and see if I can get one of his '68 Chevy Buses. Hehe.
Brandon
Closed Thread