The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2020, 04:16 PM   #1
70RedBlurr

First timer with axle questions.

Long time listener first time caller here. Just bought my first 4x4 68 K10 with a sbc and four speed. My plan for the truck is drop in a aluminum headed 383 and keep the four speed. WheelS planned Are 35” bogger on some classy weld super singles. So as I start my search for some weld wheels I soon realize I need to decide if I’m searching for a 6 or 8 lug pattern and then I got to thinking. Are the axles in my truck now adequate for the mostly street use with some off roading use that I have planned for the truck?? Light bulb went off in my head again and I figured out that I do not know enough about 4x4 axles. So my questions to the 4x4 community
1. What axles are under my truck? pictures provided.
2. Are they sufficient for a 383 and 35” boggers?
3. Are these axles worth rebuilding or should I scrap them and if so what would work best u red this build.
I appreciate the info and will answer any questions regarding info I left out. I look forward to sharing the progress of this build with the 4x4 community.
Attached Images

70RedBlurr is offline   Reply With Quote