The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2022, 12:05 AM   #1
Accelo

Is Vintage Air supposed to function this way?

Is Vintage Air supposed to function this way?

Maybe someone can help me confirm my vintage air is working as designed. When I start the truck cold and turn the air conditioning the compressor clutch engages like one would expect. But the Electric fans do not immediately come on. After about a minute the fan will come on and then cycle on and off every minute or so. The air conditioning is working and it gets cold inside. So the function seems to be OK. It would seem to me the Trinary Switch should ground the fan relay as soon as the air-conditioning is activated. I suspect trinary switch turns on the fan when the pressure gets high and then off again when it goes back down. Is this correct function? This all happens before the motor gets warm enough for the ECM to activate the fans. It's a cold start on a day warn enough to need the air immediately upon startup. My fans are not wired like the diagram. The text in the black box in the diagram is the only information Vintage Air provides on the switch function.

I have included some documentation from Vintage Air.
Thanks
Attached Images

Last edited by Accelo; 06-30-2022 at 12:14 AM.
Accelo is offline   Reply With Quote