The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-12-2019, 12:07 PM   #1
GmtGmt
Conversion Truck Addicted

83 GMC C35 Car Hauler

Heres a Little project Im working on,

1983 GMC C35 Cab and Chassie, 350/TH400
has been a box truck for all it life i think.

i bought this just as a Frame, Front suspension and a Cab, for the Price of scrap metal.

The front half of the frame and suspension had been blasted and painted 10years ago so its in pretty good condition, the cab has been painted also it has some firewall and cowl rot but other than that its rust free,
i had, doors, Hood, fenders and a rear axle from an old project

Plans are to build a Work/shop truck for my mechanic shop and hauler for my Drift Car.

I want a newer diesel engine, no 6.2/6.5. No Cummins (too heavy). so looking for something like TDI or Common rail engine from newer euro van or truck
Newer rear and to match my diesel engine and want disc brakes in the rear.
has to have AC and CC. so Im looking at something where i can take the entire harness and Hvac system from and retro fit into this

Have not decided if i want to have build the bed like an Wedge style Ramp or a flat bed with small ramp behind the rear Wheels yet.
Attached Images

Quote:
Tonight mine pulled a few cars out of snowbanks, and is sitting in my driveway, icicles on the grille, wheels just white cakes of snow, buried up to the lug nuts in powder, straps and chains wrapped around the bumpers, the outline of the wipers clear in 4 inches of snow on the windshield... A tired warrior of the 1980s in a world of low profile tires, front wheel drive, and plastic bumpers, where people stay in their houses until snowplows move the offending substance from their paths, too helpless to travel without AAA and chains and salt, clearing their windows with longhandled brushes while gently stepping around in the snow trying to stay nice and dry.
GmtGmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 04:38 PM   #2
Ulf

Re: 83 GMC C35 Car Hauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmtGmt View Post
Heres a Little project Im working on,

1983 GMC C35 Cab and Chassie, 350/TH400
has been a box truck for all it life i think.

i bought this just as a Frame, Front suspension and a Cab, for the Price of scrap metal.

The front half of the frame and suspension had been blasted and painted 10years ago so its in pretty good condition, the cab has been painted also it has some firewall and cowl rot but other than that its rust free,
i had, doors, Hood, fenders and a rear axle from an old project

Plans are to build a Work/shop truck for my mechanic shop and hauler for my Drift Car.

I want a newer diesel engine, no 6.2/6.5. No Cummins (too heavy). so looking for something like TDI or Common rail engine from newer euro van or truck
Newer rear and to match my diesel engine and want disc brakes in the rear.
has to have AC and CC. so Im looking at something where i can take the entire harness and Hvac system from and retro fit into this

Have not decided if i want to have build the bed like an Wedge style Ramp or a flat bed with small ramp behind the rear Wheels yet.
An OM606 turbo would be perfect. They produce over 400 hp if you upgrade with an om 603 mechanical pump. In Finland and Sweden itīs a popular engine. They even use them for drifting.
Ulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 12:18 PM   #3
daddyjeep

Sounds like a project I should follow.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=786514
daddyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 09:59 AM   #4
LT7A

This is cool! I look forward to seeing your progress. Where do you live in Denmark? I have seen much of it and it is a beautiful country with great people. I know these trucks are not very common there.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote