The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-14-2019, 11:55 AM   #1
royster28

66 c30 vin number help.

I have a 66 c30 vin number C3696B127480 found on the cab. Truck was bought new as a flatbed then changed to a work body. Truck was used by my dad pulling his race car ( in-line 6 55 Chevy ) same motor in this truck. They would mess up the cat, take the truck apart to repair the car then put truck back together after race and come home..... long story short truck had lots of memories for me but has been thru a lot before I got it back. Motor change rear ended change etc. my hope is to resto mod back the truck with later c10 components and a truck bed. Everything I’ve read and looked at tells me this can be done.... I have a donor vehicle all ready for suspension and brakes and I also have a 283 that was in the truck that I’ll reuse. Question is about wheel base length and truck bed figment will probably go with a long bed to eliminate any chassis mods if possible. Any ideas ??
Posted via Mobile Device
royster28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:14 PM   #2
jayoldschool

Re: 66 c30 vin number help.

We did a flat bed 63 C20 conversion for my buddy. Removed the flat bed wood spacers, then fabbed the sheetmetal braces that space the bed floor up from the frame. I brought my 65 C10 to the shop, and made cardboard templates of my braces. Copied them in metal, drilled and bolted to frame. Built a long bed from completely new parts. Turned out perfect.
jayoldschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:18 PM   #3
royster28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayoldschool View Post
We did a flat bed 63 C20 conversion for my buddy. Removed the flat bed wood spacers, then fabbed the sheetmetal braces that space the bed floor up from the frame. I brought my 65 C10 to the shop, and made cardboard templates of my braces. Copied them in metal, drilled and bolted to frame. Built a long bed from completely new parts. Turned out perfect.

Sweet !!! Can you tell me what the wheelbase for a c30 is ?
Posted via Mobile Device
royster28 is offline   Reply With Quote