The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-04-2019, 09:20 PM   #1
90OBS

Bucket seats

Picked up some bucket seats yesterday. Does anyone make new recline levers? The one seat has a broken lever. It also came with a nice center console (No pic). I think I did ok on the price to.
Attached Images

90OBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 12:16 PM   #2
shifty
Questionable

Re: Bucket seats

This is one of those thigns where I'd hunt for a new pedestal to use as a donor for the mechanical bits.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 12:21 PM   #3
Good Sport

Those types of seats are some of the best I've ever had in a vehicle. My 92 Sport has them (in gray), and my wife and I love them. We've had the truck for 27 years, and the seats still look great too. I doubt anyone makes new levers, so you'll probably have to find some used ones.
Good Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 07:28 PM   #4
SCOTI

I like them too. Always keeping an eye out for a nice set-up even though I don't have my single cab any longer. This set has one of the nicest consoles I've ever come across!
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 12:42 AM   #5
90OBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
I like them too. Always keeping an eye out for a nice set-up even though I don't have my single cab any longer. This set has one of the nicest consoles I've ever come across!
Those are in great shape!
90OBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 08:42 AM   #6
special-K
Special Order

Gm might just happen to still have those. Or maybe LMC bought them all. Otherwise, junk yard or parts board

I love them, too. I ordered my '92 K3500 with low-back custom vinyl seats because it was a work truck and I through vinyl would be best for that use. Wrong! my seat bottom started splitting up at 18k. Had them warrantied the third time just before the 60k cut-off. I found new take out high-back cloth buckets since I knew they'd fail again by 80k. These are the most comfortable seats I have ever had. I ran that truck out to 335k and they still looked good and were still as comfortable after 22 years as a work truck. A well taken care of personal work truck. I'd like to find a blue pair for my '95 Suburban.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote